Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gotta get vulpera in because they're cute though.

You don't need any more proof to know the game is in a very dark place right now. There's plenty of ally races that have been around for a while, but instead they add some random cute fox people that were introduced into the universe a few months ago...ridiculous.

They're turning WoW into a FF type of game. This sort of stuff just makes it unappealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @Kyphael that very firstmale taunka picture you posted, If that male taunka's face doesn't look like Tobin Bell from the jigsaw(john kramer when diognized with a cancer or tumor in the movie. that face. exactly that face.) I don't know what else.
    Never realized until now.
    Lol, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I don't mind Vulpera at all, but man was I hoping for some Sarnath Goblins.
    They seemed like the obvious choice for an alternate Goblin skin, but I guess Vulpera were more popular.

They've made a lot of dumb decisions, that's for sure. Why emo elves over actual high elves? Why glitter draeneis over broken draeneis. It's obvious the people at blizzard who cared about warcraft are long gone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Of all the races that specifically already allied with the Horde, none of them are Allied Races...

The Forest trolls from Revantusk.

The Taunka from Northrend.

The Ogres from Dustwallow.

The Hozen from Jade Forest.

The Mok'Nathal from Outland.

Because the allied races, are allies, their society (if they have one) are not part of the Horde. But they are allies by convenience. The "MANPOWER", soldiers and supplies that they provide can be used for the Horde's motivations.
    Now ask yourself whats the answer of Queen Talanji for the amnistice between the Horde and Alliance....or that Jaina literally walked Orgrimmar without retalation.

Now half of the races that you named, are part of the Horde already. There are Korkron Hozens and Revantusk + Shatterspear Trolls fighting for the Horde.
    YET they are not playable for the PC, thats the difference. And probably they will not be, because of "blizzardreasons"

Now, about the Taunka IDK there is a lot of weird shit with some Taunkas in the Expeditions. The Ogres are tend to be "void related" individuals, so i will not trust them with a fucking Old God on the loose. And the Mok'Nathal IDK i still believe they are going to be the last AR for the Horde. But anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    It's obvious the people at blizzard who cared about warcraft are long gone.
    Man you can talk a lot of shit about the current WoW devteam, and most of it would be deserved, but to say they don't care about Warcraft is one thing that is just obviously not true. They might make bad decisions, but it's not because they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakar View Post
    The reason why we didn't get taunka, or even youngol, is because HM tauren were the easiest choice. The model is already there, they just gave it antlers and a few new skins.

Ogres in the Horde sounds great, and way overdue, but the problem with them are the females. People are curious, of course, and they will want to see the female ogres and check out the dance and the flirts, but as soon as part of them dies inside they'll forget all about that model's existence. I think Blizzard are well aware that making female ogres is a complete and total waste.
    I don't think Blizzard cares much about how much people play a given race. Every Allied Race they've released with the exception of Void Elves is like sub 5% of the player base at 120. Kul'Tirans took them forever and they're at like 1.5%, lower than every other race in the game. They'd do ugly Ogre women if they wanted to, wouldn't matter if only 2000 people ever played them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still holding out hope for a murloc warlock somewhere down the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    They already said this as far back as TBC. They did not hide the fact that Blood Elves were (successfully) introduced to incentivize people to play Horde, as there was a serious faction imbalance in vanilla. It certainly didn't help that every single Horde race was hunched (at least the males). The only thing that wasn't said back then was that it happened mostly because of Asian demand, which was apparently stated in that classic dev's diary that they released some time ago.
    Yep that's what I read as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    I don't think Blizzard cares much about how much people play a given race. Every Allied Race they've released with the exception of Void Elves is like sub 5% of the player base at 120. Kul'Tirans took them forever and they're at like 1.5%, lower than every other race in the game. They'd do ugly Ogre women if they wanted to, wouldn't matter if only 2000 people ever played them.
    And thank goodness for that. If it was left to popular vote all we'd get is a bunch of different blood elves and humans.

- - - Updated - - -

They've made a lot of dumb decisions, that's for sure. Why emo elves over actual high elves? Why glitter draeneis over broken draeneis. It's obvious the people at blizzard who cared about warcraft are long gone.
    Dumbest post in this thread. Stop confusing 'they don't do what I think they should do' with 'they don't care'.

WoW is their game, they have every right to make the choices they make even if you (and often, I) don't like them. Go make your own game and see how it feels to have a million angry nerds pulling you in a million different directions, then maybe you'll understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Their sole defining characteristics are "big", "dumb" and "fat." I have never seen the appeal.

Though as similarly dim-witted as they may be, I would not be against hozen. Generally I'd like an allied race to be creative and/or relevant to recent content.
    Some ogres, however rare, are extremely cunning and intelligent.

Though I agree with you on Hozen. Would love them + Jinyu as a surprised allied race pack.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And thank goodness for that. If it was left to popular vote all we'd get is a bunch of different blood elves and humans.
    Yes and no. It's not a good idea to release everything for a small minority of players either, which is largely what they've done in BFA. Void Elves proved popular from 7.3.5 but after that everything has been for niche audiences. Dark Irons mostly just split the Dwarf player base, Mechagnomes will just split the Gnome player base, etc. The only one that wasn't for a niche audience was Kul'Tiran, but they went the way of the Ogre look for them so nobody plays them.

They didn't do anything to make people want to move off of hyper popular picks, while only adding things for more and more niche picks. That's bizarre.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2019-10-18 at 02:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Yeah, Highmountain look good. They look really great and I always liked them. It's kinda weird to see people saying they don't look good. For comparison.

Taunka:

I mean the best I could say about Taunka is that they look fascinatingly hideous, so I guess at least they are interesting in a way, but if you are in charge of WoW and you have to decide which of these two to make a playable race, you should be fired if you say Taunka.
    I am not sorry for creating what my eyes saw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    -snip-
    nah looks more like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I am not sorry for creating what my eyes saw

- - - Updated - - -

nah looks more like this.
    Yeah that's what I thought too. Looks incredibly sad.

Yes, I have lost many a night's sleep over these burning issues

Is that why we have 4 types of elves, 2 of them in the Horde, and cute foxes on the way because Blizzard don't pay attention to what type of characters people like? They know what they gave us with the allied races and I doubt they ever thought people would care about more draenei, but hey, it's still a form of additional customisation. Their biggest dissapoinment must've been the Kul Tirans, the 2 completely unique models, if they ever had high hopes for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no. It's not a good idea to release everything for a small minority of players either, which is largely what they've done in BFA. Void Elves proved popular from 7.3.5 but after that everything has been for niche audiences. Dark Irons mostly just split the Dwarf player base, Mechagnomes will just split the Gnome player base, etc. The only one that wasn't for a niche audience was Kul'Tiran, but they went the way of the Ogre look for them so nobody plays them.

They didn't do anything to make people want to move off of hyper popular picks, while only adding things for more and more niche picks. That's bizarre.
    I'm a fan of 'something for everyone'. And so far that's what the allied races have done - and I hope the final/next 2 follow suit.

As far as KTs go, I see a lot of them on my server and I play 2 of them myself (alts, but both see regular play). When they first arrived I ended up in multiple random dungeons that were literally nothing but KTs. One group had 4 of them and a void elf, who made us laugh when she said 'one of these things is not like the others...'.

Obviously a lot of people flock to new races just to check them out, and don't stick with the toons. But I think its a bit disingenuous to say 'nobody' plays them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Yep that's what I read as well.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dumbest post in this thread. Stop confusing 'they don't do what I think they should do' with 'they don't care'.

WoW is their game, they have every right to make the choices they make even if you (and often, I) don't like them. Go make your own game and see how it feels to have a million angry nerds pulling you in a million different directions, then maybe you'll understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Some ogres, however rare, are extremely cunning and intelligent.

Though I agree with you on Hozen. Would love them + Jinyu as a surprised allied race pack.
    Imagine being a blizzard shill in 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being a blizzard shill in 2019.
    Imagine giving a fuck about anything you have to say.

Imagine giving a fuck about anything you have to say.
    Why quote my posts then? Checkm8!

Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2019-10-18 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So were Dark Iron Dwarves but they still made it in. I get OP's point. Why did we get Highmountain instead of Taunka?
    Maybe because we'll see more Taunka in future content involved Bolvar, and if they'd ally us right now (out of blue) it wouldn't make much sense

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta get vulpera in because they're cute though.

You don't need any more proof to know the game is in a very dark place right now. There's plenty of ally races that have been around for a while, but instead they add some random cute fox people that were introduced into the universe a few months ago...ridiculous.

They're turning WoW into a FF type of game. This sort of stuff just makes it unappealing to me.
    Yes, it makes more sense to add a race that is involved in current content, than to dig up some old race that has nothing to do with current content and add it. I mean, it would work as a DLC to some bioware game, but it doesn't make sense to add some Taunka during BfA
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's one of those unfounded rumors with no credibility but a lot of logical basis.
    xD xD xD xD xD