Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Paragon is acc bound instead of character bound... which makes it less tedious because it's something you get even when playing alts and such
    Great point. An account bound "AP" like system would be an amazing QoL change!

AP grinds suck. I hope they do away with it.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it continues in getting removed each expansion, I want it outright gone. I want character power to remain between expansions rather then losing it all! NO other MMOs do this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The AP grind was designed as a solution to people crying that there was nothing to do in WoD. If you remove it, you get WoD 2.0. Either there is an end game grind or you get WoD. Choose one. You cant say no to both.

You are either going to get people crying there is nothing to do or people crying about a grind. People will cry either way so crying is pointless.
    This is completely daft. We will only get WoD 2.0 in an expansion that they choose to abandon halfway through and not finish. No expansion before Legion had an AP grind and yet MoP, BC and Wrath are all still generally more popular than anything they've done in the last two expansions.

Also not sure if you're even aware, but "crying" implies the complaints are unjustified. It's not a general stand in word for complaints unless you're a cunt.

I have no doubt the grind will stay. so as long as I can complete said grind by doing my chosen content I am fine.
    hopefully I can farm it easily to hit my weekly cap by raiding or inside mythic +. no more forced content it just trickles in naturaly as you complete things the player enjoys doing. id be perfectly fine with it rewarding aesthetic changes to my character too. spell animations transmogable gear mounts and such. why does it have to give us more power? that way it can be an absolute ball ache to keep alts up to date and such. the only thing i think people should struggle with on alts is gearing them not keeping an item up to date having to spend hours and hours farming a resource. atleast if it doesn't grant the player more power then its not required. it just adds flavour.
    could give new sexy spell animations, like paladin wings transform into wings like tyraels or something. or demon hunters demon form looks different like turns it into a nathrazim or something. still all does exactly what they did before but just looks differnt.
    the player is rewarded for investing time. but its not absolutely crucial you have it by certain level for the release of the next tier or what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DrayygoSham View Post
    Yeah, thats a you problem. i havent done islands for the last 1-2 months, havent touched WQ for the same time and are still raiding top 100 (alliance, top 200 overall). and i was in for every firstkill my guild made, so im not some bootybaybenchboy. so, if you feel like deadweight with your neck not maxed out (i dont have my neck maxed out, reached 67 last week due to m+) maybe you should consider yourself the mistake, maybe you PLAY like you are deadweight
    Way to make up your own narrative. I didn’t say I play like dead weight, I said it feels like I’m not contributing as much as I could. I stated it feels like I’m being left behind. I also brought up that I haven’t played in 2 months and if I tried to join a guild now I would be dead weight as my next is currently 56 and I’m at around 416 ilvl. Yeah, that would be fantastic to try and rejoin a mythic raiding guild while close to the end of one cycle and starting a new one is pretty close by.
    Just goes to show that because someone is a mythic raider they don’t always have the best comprehension skills.

Getting good gear should be the only grind.

i would like them to expand on legion model, basically givin us 3 classic talent trees but that you unlock not with level but with ap

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Way to make up your own narrative. I didn’t say I play like dead weight, I said it feels like I’m not contributing as much as I could. I stated it feels like I’m being left behind. I also brought up that I haven’t played in 2 months and if I tried to join a guild now I would be dead weight as my next is currently 56 and I’m at around 416 ilvl. Yeah, that would be fantastic to try and rejoin a mythic raiding guild while close to the end of one cycle and starting a new one is pretty close by.
    Just goes to show that because someone is a mythic raider they don’t always have the best comprehension skills.
    and my point still stands. i just levelled a warrior, he got 120 on tuesday. my neck is lvl 60 and my itemlevel is 420 already (no luck in m+ though). i havent been grinding like a mad man nor have i been in more than 3 m10 and i wasnt boosted through mythic TEP from my guild either. So, where exactly is your point in whining about "the endless grind" if someone can already outgear you that havent even been playing a week without putting too much effort in it.
    If you want to join a mythic raiding guild, based off your data (416/56) it would take you 1-2 days dedicated to grind or a week of putting close to no effort in it to be raid ready. if thats too much for you to pull for raiding the highest difficulty possible - then yeah, again. its a YOU problem

I do kind of miss having an artifact weapon.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Whatever it is - make it be done after a week.

This fucking stupid 2 year long perma grind for fucking stupid 2% stamina increases per level are just absolutely retarded - even worse when it gets to fucking 0/50 Concordance with 0.5% dmg increases per level again.

Gimme a fucking talent or glyph tree, lemme work through it and be done with it.
    If it's done in a week then it's not even worth implementing. You're complaining about a long grind for such a minor stamina increase. Since the reward is so minor, why do you feel obligated to get it? I'm fine with systems like this because I gradually get stronger over time. The rewards aren't powerful enough for me to want to grind like crazy.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Scrap it completely, bring back badge/point system that gives gear for consistently doing stuff ingame so players can grind for good gear. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that system but Blizzard had to go and reinvent the wheel and completely break the progression style of the game.

But seriously if I see a single thing involving an AP system in 9.0 I'll pass on playing it. I'm pretty done with this nonsense.

I want it gone, but we all know it will stick around in an even more horrendous way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I want it gone I don’t need an annoying grind.
    ye i want it gone too .

initialy in Legion i thought it was a good idea. but it was because i thought it was a finished system - aka you finish and are done.

further implementations making it infinite grind are just abysmall for people who enjoy alts. its making alt playing impossible on a decent level.

truth be told i would prefer to not have any AP systems at all then to have systems which make alts unplayable.

in this regard systems like essences are just abysmal .

now - essence sytem would be ok in my eyes if blizzard said - next expansion comes and those essences will be still in game and your class will benefit from them . same as it will beneft from neck

but we all knw those are temporary systems that will be removed in 9.0 making all grinding waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If it continues in getting removed each expansion, I want it outright gone. I want character power to remain between expansions rather then losing it all! NO other MMOs do this shit.
    this is my main problem .

either keepbonuses from it in game permanantly or dont put systems like this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    If it's done in a week then it's not even worth implementing. You're complaining about a long grind for such a minor stamina increase. Since the reward is so minor, why do you feel obligated to get it? I'm fine with systems like this because I gradually get stronger over time. The rewards aren't powerful enough for me to want to grind like crazy.
    What do you mean it's not worth it, wtf.
    The talent system is over in a day. Is that also not worth it? How would the current Essence system not be worth it if they just gave it to us and let us customize it however we want?

Artifact Weapons but the levels are shared across specs.

Maybe more smaller nodes so there's less time between level ups.

15+ Year Old Account
    The AP system may stay if it becomes accountwide and not takes up a gear slot.

I can't tell my source, however it is very legit. In 9.0 we get AP for our ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, seriously, what am I missing here?

All the way up to Legion, PvE was about getting yourself geared via dungeons and raids, with the occasional currency you'd also farm in various forms of content to acquire other gear.

Suddenly not having a feature akin to AP is "WoD 2.0"? The game existed without this nonsense for years...

Nothing preferably, or something that isn't total alt aids.