Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Let’s move away from forced specs.

In my opinion it would be awesome if classes at max level had access to all spells/abilities. Talents should just enhance certain abilities like back in the days. So a dps Death Knight would always have both frost and unholy abilities available. We should have the option of how specialized we want to be.

So basically I want the old type of class design back... in a modern version maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    In my opinion it would be awesome if classes at max level had access to all spells/abilities. Talents should just enhance certain abilities like back in the days. So a dps Death Knight would always have both frost and unholy abilities available. We should have the option of how specialized we want to be.

So basically I want the old type of class design back... in a modern version maybe.
    Yes, I endorse this post.

There’s literally no reason to have to pigeonhole players into specs now that tier sets are no longer a thing, and forcing players into a spec which for some reason makes you forget how to cast other spells you had access to is stupid

De-pruning is coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    De-pruning is coming.
    And I welcome it with open arms.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Balancing basically. If you merge the specs you basically again have only one spec you HAVE to play because it is going to be so much better.

Right now the specs are at least so close to each other, that most poeple don't care what you play unless you pug high level keys.

Retail is not classic. Don't bring too much classic in retail. If you like the specs in classic where basically 2/3 of specs were useless... go play classic. But please don't change retail to something wow was 15! years ago. That is not compatible anymore

so good players would still play the same and easy game modes would have to be even easier because noobs would be casting wrong spells and massively underperforming

So you want the illusion of option back. Any min maxer will figure out the best in a short while it’s what they do for fun. Those who don’t/can’t will be left behind not knowing why or crying it’s unfair that player A min maxed and does dmg while player B didn’t min max and the healer does more damage than them.

Truth is I’m a tank if I’m doing mythic + progression I want to look at the class and know what I’m getting, not have to Q up and find out the hard way some dipsh!t thinks HIS fun is more important than 4 other players, and the cost of a key.

Short answer: No

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt matter, because everyone will play the very best talents / specc / spells / whatever is bis or fotm anyway.
    People want more diversity, but google or ask in /2. what to play anyway. If fireball does 1DPS more than frostbolt people will choose fireball.

You will just end up with 4 action bars filled and won ´t use 2/3 of them.

In my perfect world (of warcraft) the idea is to have spells and abilities that add to class flavour (like DK and shaman water walking, DH true sight, lock portal, mage food etc) rather than complex and unnecessary 20-button rotations.
    So I'm all up for more spells, but severely against them being mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by sfbr View Post
    So you want the illusion of option back. Any min maxer will figure out the best in a short while it’s what they do for fun. Those who don’t/can’t will be left behind not knowing why or crying it’s unfair that player A min maxed and does dmg while player B didn’t min max and the healer does more damage than them.

Truth is I’m a tank if I’m doing mythic + progression I want to look at the class and know what I’m getting, not have to Q up and find out the hard way some dipsh!t thinks HIS fun is more important than 4 other players, and the cost of a key.

Short answer: No
    From my view is just about having access to the whole arsenal of the class. As a “frost death knight” for example I still want to have access to unholy abilities such as army of the dead. That’s all it is for me.

No. The change you suggest would maybe be enjoyed for a week by a couple people, everyone else would just be confused. The rotations are complex and unobvious already, no need to confuse the new and less skilled players furthermore

You see it as "having access to the whole arsenal" most people will see it as having ridiculous amount of useless skills, or worse, they will use skills from multiple specs at once. Go do an LFR and see how shitty some people are playing. That change would further cut their output by like 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Balancing basically. If you merge the specs you basically again have only one spec you HAVE to play because it is going to be so much better.

Right now the specs are at least so close to each other, that most poeple don't care what you play unless you pug high level keys.

Retail is not classic. Don't bring too much classic in retail. If you like the specs in classic where basically 2/3 of specs were useless... go play classic. But please don't change retail to something wow was 15! years ago. That is not compatible anymore
    Balancing could work exactly the same way as it does now. I just don’t want to lose iconic abilities just because I choose to focus on a certain spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my view is just about having access to the whole arsenal of the class. As a “frost death knight” for example I still want to have access to unholy abilities such as army of the dead. That’s all it is for me.
    Then the game will be impossible to balance and certain classes will be pigeonholed into certain roles. Just like it used to be before this change. Adding a major cooldown like AotD to a frost DK will skewer his performance in raids, pvp, open world and wpvp significantly, and his basic abilities will have to be nerfed to affect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No. The change you suggest would maybe be enjoyed for a week by a couple people, everyone else would just be confused. The rotations are complex and unobvious already, no need to confuse the new and less skilled players furthermore

You see it as "having access to the whole arsenal" most people will see it as having ridiculous amount of useless skills, or worse, they will use skills from multiple specs at once. Go do an LFR and see how shitty some people are playing. That change would further cut their output by like 50%.
    I don’t really care about shitty people in LFR to be honest. That might sound harsh but this is of course also a selfish request that would make the game better in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balancing could work exactly the same way as it does now. I just don’t want to lose iconic abilities just because I choose to focus on a certain spec.
    Would you be fine with AotD being purely cosmetic ability then? You still have this ability, it doesn't do anything besides existing and looking fancy and "iconic", and game doesn't have to be re-balanced around it. Everyone wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then the game will be impossible to balance and certain classes will be pigeonholed into certain roles. Just like it used to be before this change. Adding a major cooldown like AotD to a frost DK will skewer his performance in raids, pvp, open world and wpvp significantly, and his basic abilities will have to be nerfed to affect that.
    They could just make the baseline version of AotD pretty shitty. I just want it available because it feels like an ability all Death Knights should have available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Would you be fine with AotD being purely cosmetic ability then? You still have this ability, it doesn't do anything besides existing and looking fancy and "iconic", and game doesn't have to be re-balanced around it. Everyone wins.
    Maybe not purely cosmetic, but the unbuffed version should be pretty shitty.

it would be balancing hell , and you don't want blizzard to balance more stuff / the abilities that you already love

To clarify, in my opinion fire abilities should not be a part of the raid rotation of a mage if spec’ed into pure frost, but I just still think the fire spells should be available even if they are useless. And at the same time the mage should also be able to spec into a hybrid between fire and frost if that was something the mage wanted to do. Even if it would not be optimal for raid damage we should just have the choice. Now people might say that this is an artificial choice for min-max’ers but the game should not always be designed around min-max’ers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    it would be balancing hell , and you don't want blizzard to balance more stuff / the abilities that you already love
    The balancing would be the same as now the way I envision it. Most spells would be useless and that’s fine.. I just want them to be available even if they are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I'm all for this as a Classic Hunter I miss having some of my melee abilities and being able to wield bows and swords at the same time, Big YES from me.
    I would like to have that second weapon slot/Icon/relic SLot again.

But not all the abilities from the other Specs... that would simply be way too much... waaaaaay too much

"Theres so much choice with this revamped talents, im having a blast, me using the cookie cutter build that everyone uses is just a tiny detail"

Yep, this is how it has always been, time to stop fooling yourself.