Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I would like to have that second weapon slot/Icon/relic SLot again.

But not all the abilities from the other Specs... that would simply be way too much... waaaaaay too much
    From my own selfish standpoint I want ALL abilities from all specs available. Most of them would be useless depending on your talent choices but I dont care.. I just want them to be there.

Fully agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There are too many spells for my bars as it is. I’d rather not have a bunch of healing abilities there too.

Plus, how would you handle gear? Gear changes based on your spec to str, int or agl. I’d rather not go back to the days of farming three sets of gear and having less opportunities for drops in the raid.

If you give both stats then hybrids will be way too OP since they’ll be able to kill the DPS meters while healing themselves. If you try and hybrid tax them then people who only enjoy DPSing like myself will be cucked out of our favoured play style like in Classic.

If you want a game with no defined specs, Classic is waiting for you. Leave that shit out of retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    "Theres so much choice with this revamped talents, im having a blast, me using the cookie cutter build that everyone uses is just a tiny detail"

Yep, this is how it has always been, time to stop fooling yourself.
    I dont care if there is cookie cutter builds.. I just want a mage to if fire, frost and arcane abilities available at all time even if most of them are useless. It’s not about choices or balancing. It’s about class identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    From my own selfish standpoint I want ALL abilities from all specs available. Most of them would be useless depending on your talent choices but I dont care.. I just want them to be there.
    That would overwhelm every new or returning player. And this is what wow desperatly needs. I like to have more fluff abilities. But it should be done in a way, that you can manage them. If you have 100 abilities where you do not use 80 EVER. Why would you need all of them at all?

I get that there should be some fro flair but not that many

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There are too many spells for my bars as it is. I’d rather not have a bunch of healing abilities there too.

Plus, how would you handle gear? Gear changes based on your spec to str, int or agl. I’d rather not go back to the days of farming three sets of gear and having less opportunities for drops in the raid.

If you give both stats then hybrids will be way too OP since they’ll be able to kill the DPS meters while healing themselves. If you try and hybrid tax them then people who only enjoy DPSing like myself will be cucked out of our favoured play style like in Classic.

If you want no hard specs, Classic is waiting for you. Leave that shit out of retail.

They could always solve that by a loot priority system like they have with specs now.

This is my selfish opinion about retail. I think it would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

That would overwhelm every new or returning player. And this is what wow desperatly needs. I like to have more fluff abilities. But it should be done in a way, that you can manage them. If you have 100 abilities where you do not use 80 EVER. Why would you need all of them at all?

I get that there should be some fro flair but not that many
    And that’s it... I don’t care about new or returning players. I’m being completely selfish here. I want all abilities of my Class available at all time and new players just need to deal with it. That might sound harsh but it is what I want. I’m just being honest.

They could always solve that by a loot priority system like they have with specs now.

This is my selfish opinion about retail. I think it would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

And that’s it... I don’t care about new or returning players. I’m being completely selfish here. I want all abilities of my Class available at all time and new players just need to deal with it. That might sound harsh but it is what I want. I’m just being honest.
    Allright. But then you should be so self aware to know, that that will never happen^^

Allright. But then you should be so self aware to know, that that will never happen^^
    You can always hope. If Blizzard at some point chooses to focus on the current player base instead of new players.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-18 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading your posts, I doubt you're one of the better non-LFR players. You don't know what goes into balancing and theorycrafting, nor why spells were restricted to specializations.

15+ Year Old Account
    No!
    Me as an altoholic likes to have one char for each spec. Also nice to roleplay this char.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Reading your posts, I doubt you're one of the better non-LFR players. You don't know what goes into balancing and theorycrafting, nor why spells were restricted to specializations.
    I do mythic raiding and I don’t necessarily see it impacting balancing if most rotations would end up being the same as now. I’m not saying that fire abilities should be a part of the rotation if you’re a frost mage but they should just still be available even if they are useless for raiding.. purely for class identity reasons.

So basically your spell books would be full of useless spells for raiding... but I want that.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-18 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfbr View Post
    So you want the illusion of option back. Any min maxer will figure out the best in a short while it’s what they do for fun. Those who don’t/can’t will be left behind not knowing why or crying it’s unfair that player A min maxed and does dmg while player B didn’t min max and the healer does more damage than them.

Truth is I’m a tank if I’m doing mythic + progression I want to look at the class and know what I’m getting, not have to Q up and find out the hard way some dipsh!t thinks HIS fun is more important than 4 other players, and the cost of a key.

Short answer: No
    But, but they can be one of those players with a "unique, and non-cookie cutter" spec, aka the one doing shit damage, shit healing, and always threatening to peel threat off the tank because they took "taunting jab: This ability builds extra threat when used" because it sounded cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just make the baseline version of AotD pretty shitty. I just want it available because it feels like an ability all Death Knights should have available.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not purely cosmetic, but the unbuffed version should be pretty shitty.
    Then what's the point of having it, if it has to be shitty enough to even exist. Let it be a glyph-like ability that summons undead minions that follow you around just for the sake of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

In my opinion it would be awesome if classes at max level had access to all spells/abilities. Talents should just enhance certain abilities like back in the days. So a dps Death Knight would always have both frost and unholy abilities available. We should have the option of how specialized we want to be.

So basically I want the old type of class design back... in a modern version maybe.
    But why? As an Unholy DK, what point is there to even having Obliterate in my spellbook if there is literally never any case in which I will cast it, except as a trap to players who don't know any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then what's the point of having it, if it has to be shitty enough to even exist. Let it be a glyph-like ability that summons undead minions that follow you around just for the sake of it.
    As I see it there is no reason for it not to be there. Just let a Death Knight have all Death Knight abilities available even if only some of them are useful at one given time. It’s just about class identity. A Death Knight should be a Death Knight.

Go play Archeage Unchained, where you can make characters with any combination of 3 classes totaling 200+ variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    But why? As an Unholy DK, what point is there to even having Obliterate in my spellbook if there is literally never any case in which I will cast it, except as a trap to players who don't know any better?
    It just adds some extra flavor. If it traps stupid people then it’s just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    De-pruning is coming.
    What ever that actually means in the end...

You can always hope. If Blizzard at some point chooses to focus on the current player base instead of new players.
    Why would they do that? An MMO always needs new players to work.

Also: They do that. I am quite content with the state of the game right now tbh. New player are pretty much fucked rigth now. Oncoherent story. Boring leveling.

WoW has never been so bad for new players as it is now

It just adds some extra flavor. If it traps stupid people then it’s just a bonus.
    It adds absolutely 0 flavour, clogs up action bars if you want all these new abilities there, is a balancing nightmare, and serves no real actual purpose but reverting to the past. Spells that all specs can use, and that actually make sense, should come back for all specs, not rotational buttons that literally won't be used at all.