Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It seems this thread may have inspired a couple of fake leaks today. Neither put a lot of effort into theirs, but it's something!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It seems this thread may have inspired a couple of fake leaks today. Neither put a lot of effort into theirs, but it's something!
    There was one interesting one in the 9.0 thread. Too long to probably be real, but it certainly didn't step on any land mines while also not just regurgitating the speculation.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There was one interesting one in the 9.0 thread. Too long to probably be real, but it certainly didn't step on any land mines while also not just regurgitating the speculation.
    Hm, just checked it out, you're right, "didn't step on any landmines" is exactly how I would define that list of features. We'll see, I'm still not sold on the idea of them revamping the whole world in 9.0. Arathi proved that they can do this stuff patch by patch without losing or delaying endgame content as a result.

so only leak I am still waiting on to come true is this:

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aww that was my first ever leak.

Still waiting for the day... I will in fact roll one, Allied or Not.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Bfa sounded ridiculous when it was leaked.
    And when it was announced.

I swear, if Afrasiabi announces the next expansion by saying something like "Now we must learn to fight together against our common enemies" I may just turn the stream off.

I'm kinda hopeful for the end of the faction war so we can play any race regardless of what faction they were from it will open alot more options up.
    That's fine, but it feels like it could have happened after MoP and we wouldn't have missed anything.

Well yeah I agree you're right but with how Bfa has turned out are you going to say you are going to truly miss this expansion? I can't wait to get away from it and kill undead tbh.
    All we got out of WoD was a living version of Gul'dan to kill in Legion. I wonder what the legacy of BfA will be once Teldrassil and Lordaeron are inevitably fixed. Did anything important actually happen this expansion, that couldn't have happened on its own?

I man there still is a giant sword stuck in Silithus everybody somehow forgot about.

He states Sylvanas is a boss/part of a boss in Ny'alotha, sacrificing herself in order to allow us to defeat N'zoth, which is probably not happening, she doesn't really seem to care about N'zoth that much.
    she kinda does, thats why she gave azshara the blade of the black empire, so she could stab nzoth and imprison him inside the blade

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    she kinda does, thats why she gave azshara the blade of the black empire, so she could stab nzoth and imprison him inside the blade
    Yeah this kinda thing is what makes that leak so interesting to me. Even if the events aren’t exactly as described, the overall story line hasn’t gone off course. That’s the sort of thing I tend to expect from information that is accurate but out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I man there still is a giant sword stuck in Silithus everybody somehow forgot about.
    I expect this to be untouched until a next expansion or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I expect this to be untouched until a next expansion or something?
    I mean how exactly do we deal with it? Get a bunch of explosives from the goblins or shoot the giant cannon in Azshara at it and hope id doesn't cause even more damage?

For all we know just removing the sword could cause Azeroth to bleed out so we would probably need help from the Cenarion Cirle to be on the ready to heal the land.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I mean how exactly do we deal with it? Get a bunch of explosives from the goblins or shoot the giant cannon in Azshara at it and hope id doesn't cause even more damage?

For all we know just removing the sword could cause Azeroth to bleed out so we would probably need help from the Cenarion Cirle to be on the ready to heal the land.
    Yeah, we should be getting some updates on that soon though. Surely just leaving a gaping woon like that isn't going to be a good idea. How is Azeroth holding up through all this Old God corruption and Titan stabbing business? I feel like we should hear something about her before the end of the expansion, just based on the fact that its story was based around saving her.

Well, it's not exactly a normal sword. Sargeras summoned Gorribal (?) in his hand, so we could potentially make it disappear through some magic means.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's not exactly a normal sword. Sargeras summoned Gorribal (?) in his hand, so we could potentially make it disappear through some magic means.
    True, but no matter how we remove it it will leave an open wound underneath it.

Just like the reason it is better not to remove the blade on your own when you get stabbed since you risk bleeding out because the blade might be slowing down the rate at which you bleed if it cut something important.

Getting rid of Gorribal (in whichever way) without a plan to heal the wound is a bad idea.

My comment about using the cannon was mostly because we were told we would see it being used this expac IIRC.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

True, but no matter how we remove it it will leave an open wound underneath it.

Just like the reason it is better not to remove the blade on your own when you get stabbed since you risk bleeding out because the blade might be slowing down the rate at which you bleed if it cut something important.

Getting rid of Gorribal (in whichever way) without a plan to heal the wound is a bad idea.

My comment about using the cannon was mostly because we were told we would see it being used this expac IIRC.
    N'zoth was going to be a massive outworld zone next to Nazjatar in 8.1 (or 8.3, but assets for this were first implemented in 8.1), perhaps they were planning on using that cannon to blow a hole into him during the raid.

As for the hole under Gorribal, they could turn it into an underground zone now that the surface Silithus is pretty much useless content-wise. Or they could reoriginate the terrain from the Chamber of the Heart. Or maybe Magni will jump into the hole and turn into a giant crystal scar, ending his character's misery...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    My favourite leak will probably always be when the Cataclysm Worgen and Goblin races were super well encrypted but leaked because they forgot to hide the fricking Halloween masks. https://www.wowhead.com/news=108997/goblins-and-worgen

It only got better when Blizzard hastily cobbled together a random selection of more Halloween masks and force them into the build in order to hide the mistake.
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...new-races.html
    I wasn't around for this but this is hilarious, both the leak and their response. Makes me a bit nostalgic for the blizz of old.

I also found this link while looking through some comments!
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s2004c600c.jpg

It is a "leak" from a Blizz official at duty so it looks like they didn't really mind. It is supposedly from 2004 but the comment i found it linked in is 2009.
    It details the upcoming expansion showing TBC and WotLK with full accuracy but gets muddled afterwards. What is cool is that is shows that Pandaria was planned as a partial expansion from quite early on but that the other parts of that expansion into Cataclysm. Legion was also planned as an expansion at the same time but it looks like they inserted WoD as a bridge. It's obvious that they have changed A LOT by this point but cool stuff nonetheless!

Has "The Dark Below" leak been mentioned yet? That had the MMO community up in arms for weeks with multiple speculations videos and that large kraken NPC Ozumat getting a lot of attention for no reason. It was hysterical