Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It is like giving Magatha to tauren. That would be funny.
    At least with Maggie we're guaranteed some fun, whereas with the MILF undead... ZZZzzZZzZz
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    At least with Maggie we're guaranteed some fun, whereas with the MILF undead... ZZZzzZZzZz
    I too believe that Christie would not permit undead to have internal conflict.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I don't like it because it reeks of Golden's influence. It's well known she's a massive Alliance fan girl and the Horde is slowly becoming the Alliance but in red. And I hate it so much.

People are really possitive if they think that holy Alliance priest as leader of Forsaken is progress rather than just very stupid idea....

Actually... Thank to light that i am not forsaken main.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Calia has been gone a while, and doesn't have experience with what the forsaken have become in her absence, and Blizzard seems to want us to notice this.
    This is what I've been trying to say.

The dialog we've seen so far seems to clearly show that the Forsaken are lost, bitter, and unhappy. Calia is not a part of the Forsaken, she doesn't understand them, and she's going to be trying to lead them. I don't feel like this is a plot point that is going to go overlooked because they've made a point to show us in the dialog so far that yes, they're aware Calia is not a fit for these people right now.

It's always worth pointing out though that this is Blizzard we're talking about. I feel like this is something they really want to bring attention to, but I don't have a huge amount of faith that we'll actually see a good story come out of it. But I'm not going to assume they're going to ignore this potentially interesting story point when they're making a point to draw attention to it. Blizzard wants people to have the reaction people are having, which tells me they plan to do something with it.

No, that is just plain wrong.
    We've got all flavors of 'hurr durr misunderstood but noble & good' already. Every single fucking race is this one dimensional muhhonor-atone-for-previous-sins type of barf.

But no, mister @Trassk here wants another race ruined. Forsaken have always been about neutral evil. It's sad Blizzard now seems to cater to the likes of Trassk.
    #notmyqueen

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It's always worth pointing out though that this is Blizzard we're talking about. I feel like this is something they really want to bring attention to, but I don't have a huge amount of faith that we'll actually see a good story come out of it. But I'm not going to assume they're going to ignore this potentially interesting story point when they're making a point to draw attention to it. Blizzard wants people to have the reaction people are having, which tells me they plan to do something with it.
    The bit about Voss's dad is overstated because people reacted to it on forums, it's not actually intentional any more than the hysteria about Derek's knife. It's a presentation vs intent issue - it's meant to show us that Calia remembers when even someone like Voss's dad was a good dude, that's why Voss reacts positively to it and why the night elves she has 0 connection with react positive to her. The final quest text is the PC narration being impressed with how Calia is handling things. The aim is to show that Calia sympathizes and can save all these contemptible sadsacks because she sees the best in everyone, not that she's out of touch.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-10-18 at 07:18 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I don't know why you made this threat.

If i know one thing about MMO-Champion Forums it is that they are afraid of change and at the same time hat it when things stay the same.

That is why they hate on EVERY lore development whatsover.

War? Horde always wants war why?
    No war? Why does Horde become alliance 2.0

Undead evil. Why do we have to be so evil.
    Undead okish? reeeeee Alliance be gone...

Blizzard can't do right for some. Despite NO ONE noing what is going to happen.

Also: Sylvanas never acted out of character. She always was this way.

On topic: I see Calia a kind of sponsor in an AA meeting an Sylvanas as the Drug the forsaken try to get away from.
    Calia will do her best to help. But will not be accepted right away. But it will make good things with the undead. Because they are basically a blight on every land they set foot on right now. Destroying the environment killing every wildlife and playing with the freaking plague.

Dead does not mean evil an i hope the can show that now. And the forsaken are not evil. If they could never stay in teh horde

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't know why you made this threat.

If i know one thing about MMO-Champion Forums it is that they are afraid of change and at the same time hat it when things stay the same.

That is why they hate on EVERY lore development whatsover.

War? Horde always wants war why?
    No war? Why does Horde become alliance 2.0

Undead evil. Why do we have to be so evil.
    Undead okish? reeeeee Alliance be gone...

Blizzard can't do right for some. Despite NO ONE noing what is going to happen.

Also: Sylvanas never acted out of character. She always was this way.

On topic: I see Calia a kind of sponsor in an AA meeting an Sylvanas as the Drug the forsaken try to get away from.
    Calia will do her best to help. But will not be accepted right away. But it will make good things with the undead. Because they are basically a blight on every land they set foot on right now. Destroying the environment killing every wildlife and playing with the freaking plague.

Dead does not mean evil an i hope the can show that now. And the forsaken are not evil. If they could never stay in teh horde
    It's not that there is no war that is upsetting people. It's the fact that many of the racial leaders have essentially become Alliance lapdogs, especially with Baine. With all of the story in BfA, the Horde members have a choice of either bowing to the Alliance or being a Sylvanas loyalist. The Horde is completely losing its identity as a faction because they are more and more just appearing to be an extension of the Alliance rather than a separate faction.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's not that there is no war that is upsetting people. It's the fact that many of the racial leaders have essentially become Alliance lapdogs, especially with Baine. With all of the story in BfA, the Horde members have a choice of either bowing to the Alliance or being a Sylvanas loyalist. The Horde is completely losing its identity as a faction because they are more and more just appearing to be an extension of the Alliance rather than a separate faction.
    I don't see it that way. Sylvanas has her own plan for what she wants to do. Horde leaders finally see it but don't have the means to do something alone. Incomes their friend die alliance.

Baine and Anduin are friends. But that is it. The alliance has no infuence over the horde. Just because Baine does not outright kill anduin like maybe Grommash would have does not mean he is a lapdog.

And maybe both faction going into each other is not a bad thing. Horde identity was always about war. Death in Battle an bullshit. No one ever had anything good coming out of it. There was never a real horde identity. Just a bunch of misfits trying there best to live under an absolute ruler.

Now you have a bunch of misfits, not trying to kill everything in sight, under a council. I cant see how they lost anything.

If anythign alliance is becoming more horde like with angry faction leaders hellbend on killing Slyvanas... for good reason but thats another topic

I guess sub numbers will show Blizzard how 'good' their new lore-writers are. The more people will play Classic instead of retail or unsub, the better. I see Blizzard doesn't understand anything except of 'wallet voting', as WoD/Legion showed. Only when they saw how miserable their sub numbers became during the worst expansion ever, did they take any action to make next expansion decent. They even hurried with announcement because situation got critical for them. I hope this will repeat with BfA and all this Golden's Alliance-loving BS lore. I don't see any other option for us to get rid of her forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    I guess sub numbers will show Blizzard how 'good' their new lore-writers are. The more people will play Classic instead of retail or unsub, the better. I see Blizzard doesn't understand anything except of 'wallet voting', as WoD/Legion showed. Only when they saw how miserable their sub numbers became during the worst expansion ever, did they take any action to make next expansion decent. They even hurried with announcement because situation got critical for them. I hope this will repeat with BfA and all this Golden's Alliance-loving BS lore. I don't see any other option for us to get rid of her forever.
    Oh I am sure all the people who whine about the changes and pray for Sylvanas to come back and safe them will have unsubbed already. I am absolutely certain the Horde playerbase will shrink substantially, probably by about 0,000000000001%.

But luckily, if you cannot accept that the game is evolving after a 15 year run and feel your identity is destroyed, just go ahead and play Classic, enjoy the infinite stagnation that it presents. No chance pesky change finds you there. We will be happy to profit from your subs in the real game

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Oh I am sure all the people who whine about the changes and pray for Sylvanas to come back and safe them will have unsubbed already. I am absolutely certain the Horde playerbase will shrink substantially, probably by about 0,000000000001%.

But luckily, if you cannot accept that the game is evolving after a 15 year run and feel your identity is destroyed, just go ahead and play Classic, enjoy the infinite stagnation that it presents. No chance pesky change finds you there. We will be happy to profit from your subs in the real game
    I remember the chorus of people like you back in WoD times, who were singing how everything is awesome and amazing in WoD and everyone else is just retarded nostalgia-addicted morons. We saw what came of that. Present situation is exactly the same.

Yes, I play Classic and I enjoy it a lot, although graphically game is outdated, it feels alive and challenging, I love to read quest text, to re-live that story. I didn't feel that way in retail for years.

And no, profits from Classic won't go to retail department, this is not how big corporations work if you didn't know it. Retail will keep rotting in their Alliance-colored unifaction smell, and will keep losing subscribers, if no changes are made to the lore-writing team. We'll see that I was right in a year or even less.
    Last edited by Muxtar; 2019-10-18 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Pretty certain most of the apothecary society research and misdeeds happened in undercity. That got nuked by sylvanas.

This is something people seem to be forgetting, the forsaken don't have a city anymore.
    What are you talking about? They still control Gilneas, even Genn said so himself.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Horde leaders don't want to gut Alliance babies = Alliance lapdogs.
    Alliance gets exactly one win, gaining naval superiority then immediately loses it = overwhelming victory
    Danuser and Afrasiabi are Golden's bosses and clearly setting the direction = Golden is single-handedly turning the Horde into Alliance slaves

Man, you learn every day here just how much some people take hating an imaginary faction WAY too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The problem is that as the various races change, they end up losing their identity and are all basically reskins of the same personality, which is the very reason the faction war has been stupid for years. I would rather stay stagnant and cool than become another reskinned human, if those are the only options available. Undead should be borderline evil by default anyway if you ask me cause who the hell wants nice zombies?
    Problem is, how do you go with a race who is borderline evil? They have been that for years and years, to the point where both factions have basically turned on the Forsaken. If we're being honest, there is no right answer, forsaken should've never been a playable race to begin with given their dramatic clashes with themes like hope, life, peace, growth, honor, etc. that all the other races in Warcraft lore are based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Man, you learn every day here just how much some people take hating an imaginary faction WAY too far.
    Not as far as Blizzard itself though, given how their devs hunt Alliance players in the streets due to how immense their HORDE BIAS is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Pretty certain most of the apothecary society research and misdeeds happened in undercity. That got nuked by sylvanas.

This is something people seem to be forgetting, the forsaken don't have a city anymore.
    The actual apothecaries didn't get nuked with the city though did they and they continue their work after the battle. If you speak to the apothecaries in the battle for darkshore they remark how foolish the alliance were to think they could stop their research there when the blight is made up of natures most deadly toxins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    What about in WotLK when Grand Apothecary Putress and other Royal Apothecary Society members sided with Varimathras? They took control of Undercity and tried to kill Sylvanas. They caused the Wrathgate incident (killing both the undead and the living). There are also undead who did not side with Sylvanas during the events of 8.2.5.

Then you also have the starting zone showing people who became undead in the afterlife and going crazy because they refused to believe they were undead. Look at Lillian Voss. The undead don't seem very one-note to me.

Calia represents nothing outside of a RiGhTfUl claim to the Lordaeron throne and is a lightforged undead. She appears nothing but lawful good, which is as one-note as you can be.
    there are suspicions that all of that was part of the sylvanas plan

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course its not set in concrete she will take the helm yet, its just up in the air at this moment, but a lot seems to point towards her coming to become the forsaken ruler.

What actually interests me about this, isn't Calia herself to much, but the possibility of what she could do for and with the forsaken.

Something thats bothered me for a long time with the forsaken, is that since they were introduced into warcraft, as a race they have always been very one note. Everything about the forsaken was tied directly to sylvanas and her machinations. Every twisted thing the forsaken did, came from her and her designs. And the forsaken have just blindly followed along.

It seems like many other races in warcraft have had a chance to develop into different entities. Orcs, have different archetypes from the warmongering savage to the wise and tentative shaman types or the ones who uphold honor first and foremost, they are complex and it allows someone to play orcs from any kind of angle if they so choose. Night elves you could be a nature loving hippie, or a vengeful warrior. Trolls could be ones looking to let go of their more primitive ways, or ones who embrace darker elements of their society. And so on.

But forsaken, they have been the same archetype for decades now, without an outlet for something different. There have only been a few individuals in the forsaken who stood out as being anything besides the edgy sullen emo types the majority of forsaken have been, and that's all because blizzard did nothing to develop them out of the same funk they've been stuck in for years.

So, by having Calia, and not having sylvanas around, I hope we actually get to see another kind of forsaken, one that isn't just another 'DURR ME BLIGHT THE LAND AND HATE ALL LIFE, DURR' that we've gotten for years, and hopefully see another kind of forsaken archetype for once.

Of course that same boring sylvanas archetype will remain for those wanting it, but yeah, this race as badly needed something to change it, because it just has grown stagnant at this point.

Edit: And just to throw in, those who hate this because their afraid of the change a new forsaken ruler will bring, heres a dash of irony.

Those whispers point to things getting really bad for the forsaken.....Calia's resurrection was the catalyst that deal the light made with death. I see Calia's rule being that of a mask, from the outside perspective it will look like Calia is helping the forsaken but in actually we are seeing some kind of twisted washing or conversion of the undead to serve that deal that was made. I'm probably wrong but my gut tells me things are going to get much worst.