Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's condescending assholes that are the only ones offended by these "cultural appropriation" stuff, things that have fuck all to do with them.

It's this era's form of 'acceptable' bullying, the online SJW. It's just jackasses pretending to be outraged to stroke their faux morality ego.

Example;

I am half Indian, my father's Indian. The recent faux outrage with the whole Simpsons thing with Apu neither of us had any issues with it. But someone on these forums brushed me off when I said as such, saying "so what" as though my opinion didn't matter, but some non-Indian poster's did...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-10-18 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's condescending assholes that are the only ones offended by these "cultural appropriation" stuff, things that have fuck all to do with them.

It's this era's form of 'acceptable' bullying, the online SJW. It's just jackasses pretending to be outraged to stroke their faux morality ego.

Example;

I am half Indian, my father's Indian. The recent faux outrage with the whole Simpsons thing with Apu neither of us had any issues with it. But someone on these forums brushed me off when I said as such, saying "so what" as though my opinion didn't matter, but some non-Indian poster's did...
    That's because the intention is not to "save" the culture that has been appropriated. The intention is to shame the white person doing it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    That's because the intention is not to "save" the culture that has been appropriated. The intention is to shame the white person doing it.
    Lmao, as if only white people are accused of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Lmao, as if only white people are accused of it.
    Oh im sure it's different depending on where you live, but in the US, which is where i'm speaking from, it most assuredly is an attack on white folks. Look at the post that started this who thread. They claimed that girl is WHITE, that was their point of concern. And her rebuttal was to provide proof via government identification that she was not white but in fact japanese!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Oh im sure it's different depending on where you live, but in the US, which is where i'm speaking from, it most assuredly is an attack on white folks. Look at the post that started this who thread. They claimed that girl is WHITE, that was their point of concern.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the people here screaming about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BayZ843j...n-by=gracement were from the US.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the people here screaming about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BayZ843j...n-by=gracement were from the US.
    yes, lots of the folks that push Cultural Appropriation as a sin are form the US.

yes, lots of the folks that push Cultural Appropriation as a sin are form the US.
    So, they're accusing a Korean for it but it's done to attack white people? Like, do you even realize what you're saying?

So, they're accusing a Korean for it but it's done to attack white people? Like, do you even realize what you're saying?
    Because to these folks in the US they see asians as white? because they are racist?

Because to these folks in the US they see asians as white? because they are racist?
    Lmao, yeah, right.

Sounds like you suffer from a case of persecution complex.

Lmao, yeah, right.

Sounds like you suffer from a case of persecution complex.
    nope, just pointing out where the acceptable forms of racism are heading.

Funny, reminds me of when Americans (as in U.S) were screaming about how racist Nintendo were for having Mario wear a sombrero and poncho in Super Mario Odyssey. Meanwhile, tweets from Mexicans basically all said "THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you, Nintendo!".

The same happened when some American girl wanted to wear a kimono, and the usual suspects screamed about how awfully racist that was, meanwhile Japanese people kept saying how they supported the girl and how they love to share their culture with others, even if they aren't using it the correct way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Funny, reminds me of when Americans (as in U.S) were screaming about how racist Nintendo were for having Mario wear a sombrero and poncho in Super Mario Odyssey. Meanwhile, tweets from Mexicans basically all said "THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you, Nintendo!".

The same happened when some American girl wanted to wear a kimono, and the usual suspects screamed about how awfully racist that was, meanwhile Japanese people kept saying how they supported the girl and how they love to share their culture with others, even if they aren't using it the correct way.
    Generally, when people mimic your culture it usually means they like it. If done frequently, it becomes a permanent part of another culture. That's basically how America works. Culture is basically a meme but with extra steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'm under the impression after reading through some cultural appropriation "scandals" over the years that the homeland of <culture> is never offended, whereas <culture>-Americans tend to throw a stink.
    The Hyphenated American is among the worst things we bring to the world.

Here Lies Social Justice.

-2008-2016-

R.I.P. in peaces.

F

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'm under the impression after reading through some cultural appropriation "scandals" over the years that the homeland of <culture> is never offended, whereas <culture>-Americans tend to throw a stink.
    We spent century's being told constantly that we shouldn't copy anything from the "lesser" "infirior" cultures of the world and that we should dress like proper white gentlemen and lady's, like fuck do I want that shit comming back under the disguise of being "progressive"

Anti-cultural appropriation is conservatism in sheep's clothing.

I wear what I want and if people don't like it they can suck my nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    This is the age of giving attention to idiots on social media? Why is this a thread?
    To create pho-outrage. This is the third time I've seen this posted somewhere random today, and usually by a low-count poster...

Seems like a minor concerted trolling effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    This is what happens when a snowflake runs out of things to be offended by
    No, this is what happens when amateurs try to promote people into getting "outraged".

If you think the OP gives an actual damn about this topic and/or believes it's real and isn't just trying to stir up public drama by pretending nothing is something, you've got another thing comming.

You're the target audience of the OP. Nobody is outraged by this, and the OP knows it - but he knows YOU will be outraged at the mere thought that somebody may be 'outraged' by this.

I have never understood the attack on people assimilating various cultures. Sure bringing to light the horrible practices of previous icons is a good thing to spread the real message but to get pissed over what someone wears / eats etc is a bit stupid. I welcome more people to eat Kibbeh, Kebab and more enjoy the wonderful parts of my middle eastern heritage, want to make a joke? Sure by all means stop being such a pussy about something slightly offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

Example;

There's growing evidence that most of these Sjw's on twitter and such are actualy Russian bots intended to Stoke division.

One of the biggest black lives matter pages on Facebook was found out to be run by Russia.

It's part of Russia's stratagy of dividing Western nations and embedding deep partisanship in our politics.

Let me guess: the "hero in shining armor" was white, right?