Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Stop talking for the community. YOU think you need this but others don't.
    idk, i see alot of others in this thread who want it too. lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    and it was utter crap, everywhere.
    Except that it wasn't.
    At all.

Especially not wildstar of all things.
    That was the only feature that the game did right.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by StovnZJ View Post
    Why not both
    well that i wouldnt mind, but if we get housing on expense of world content that would be bad

I don't trust Blizzard to do Player Housing correctly. It's as simple as that.

That's why we had "Garrisons" - they won't do player housing because they don't understand it. They think it has to serve a forced-gameplay/loot function, and not just an amazing asthetic/utility function (like Transmog).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pharma View Post
    And for all those who are against solo content... whats bothers you so much? If you don't like it you don't have to play it.
    I always laugh at this bullshit concept that "Player Housing = Solo content".

Here's how the scenario really goes:

Complaining Player: "Player Housing is just Solo Content, and forces people to hide in their homes instead of interacting with the player!"

/playerhousing introduced
    /1 month passes

Same Complaining Player: "Hey all! Come check out my house here! Here's some photos of how I mounted up all my entire weapons and armor caches and this cool armory hall I designed! Also, come and visit as I also have several shops here!"

I'm a huge proponent of both player housing and guild housing. I would like to see a system where a guild can purchase a plot of land and players can build their houses on it, as well as places for free roaming players to purchase houses similar to ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Except that it wasn't.
    At all.

Especially not wildstar of all things.
    That was the only feature that the game did right.
    half the reason I left WoW and went back to single-player games and/or others was they had more robust Player Housing systems... although they have different names, such as "Settlements" in Fallout 4 and "Bases" in No Man's Sky.

Raiding is just boring IMO these days compared to an actual building system. When you get down to it, Raiding is just repeating of memorization/patterns, you're not challenging anything other than your patience and keyboard response repetition/reaction. A game's building system challenges ME - the person - to CREATE something new out of nothing! That's a FAR more rewarding feeling to me these days than "Oh yay, we all jumped through XYZ hoops correctly this number of times again via the strat we found online. Joy..."

I argue that the one company that brings back MMORPGs to their original roots and are built around robust building system will be the one who finally kills WoW off. Minecraft is a very light/younger/simple example of this...

Also, I'm beginning to consider rebranding "Player Housing" as "Building System"... since the Player Housing label has brought with it too many incorrect prejudices and past-inferences to apply to today's gaming. Player Housing concept has moved on and evolved quite a bit beyond "Virtual Dollhouse" days.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-10-18 at 04:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    For a great Player housing system one need look no further than Ultima Online.

Sadly, WoWs world set up wouldn't work with that kind of system; doesn't make it any less great though. Something like FF14s system is likely the only system that wuld work with WoW I'm thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ah the true endgame of WoW, creating the perfect ERP lovenest.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Bro.. you just answered your own question...

Most players only raid log. Having more non raid content in the game to do, will incentivise players to keep playing beyond just raiding and pve. It doesnt have to award raid gear or be part of the story.. Thats the whole point. You get thrown story and gear into your face all of the time. having somthing mindless to do would be a nice way to cleanse your pallet and relax before going back to the raids etc.
    But I havent answered my own question. What happens when you max out your house? Then what? The majority of players want end game content, maxing out a house doesnt constitute that imo. Again, RP would want this and have been asking about it but when you look at what the majority of players want, this isnt it. If you want a house, your garrison is currently there waiting for you with buildings, guild/seasonal decor, Archeology finds and trophys that you can display.

and I am nearly 100% sure Blizzard originally stated the issue with having you being able to pick a location as in WOD Alpha, it caused issues as you would have been able to put it anywhere in Draenor but it caused havoc

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Not only did you answer your own question, you gave more reasons why housing should be a thing. People farm transmogs, mounts, pets, do pet battles, all stuff that isn't story related and in no way progresses "the main content", yet many players still do it because they enjoy collecting things or enjoy taking a break from "main content". So why exactly would those same players not want a housing system that lets you collect things and display those things you collect?
    Because those same players would be the ones to QQ that there isnt enough customization or want more and more added which will cause issues. We have bigger wants right now and there was enough backlash of Garrisons (integral in the story aside). Blizzard wont implement something that everyone wont use because it is a waste of Dev hours. If you want to show off your achievements, stand in SW/Org and spam your achievements or mount hop the rare ones.
    Last edited by Zaganite; 2019-10-18 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Player housing/guild housing is a very bad idea.
    It isolates players and isn't something that should be done in an MMO.

Wildstar housing was so good it was pretty much the reason I played it as long as I did.
    I don't care about playerhousing in wow because I don't see blizzard ever giving the player as much freedom as wildstar did to be honest.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2019-10-18 at 04:53 PM.

Garrisons already showed that blizzard has no idea how to handle player housing, so, no.

And yeah like others said, why would you have something that isolates players, in an MMO? That's dumb.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have a garrison, offer no reasons for why it's not suitable housing, nor why you don't want to bring a friend in to visit or do an invasion with them. They could do a lot more with them if players weren't sticks in the mud about them and all hooked on the mission tables there.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Although I am not the poster who you quote, one obvious explanation is "Don't speak for me". I don't need housing, so...maybe make the thread "This is why I think housing would be good for the game" and not "...is something WE NEED"
    I agree, he's just being uh, excitedly obtuse?
    I think housing can work out splendidly if doesn't have the in your face requirement that Garrisons had. The 'lul they already tried that with garrisons' thing is pretty old.
    It's why housing ought to take the same approach as Transmog and Battle Pets. It's a system that you can absolutely not participate in but make bank off of because you happened to chance on things that people want.

"idgaf about housing but I made a few million selling firelands furniture pieces from all my runs." I'd take this as a win.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    As always, there are several problems with player housing, that cause Blizzard to avoid it:
    1) Houses don't have artwork, shared with all other world, like it was in Wildstar, and therefore tons of new artwork would be required.
    2) Game engine is extremely weak and doesn't support lots of geometry. Remember, that even now patch x.3 always causes much slower loading, forcing players to buy SSD?
    3) Too low profit/effort ratio. Blizzard can't "sell" housing, as it isn't forced content, like Garrisons were. Some players like it, some don't. Some will spend a lot of time there, some will simply avoid it. Therefore they wouldn't be able to 100% return money, spent on development.
    4) Currently Blizzard hate features, they would need to support in a long term. They like xpack features, they'd abandon after xpack's end. Just because they want xpack development to be cheap (and price to be high, yeah). And housing would need to be long term feature, requiring lots of support. Something on a par with raids.
    5) May be some technical issues, as too much space in DB per character (making it account-wide will help), too high network bandwidth to load lots of geometry on players' computers, too much extra space on disk, forcing players to buy 240Gb SSDs.
    1. Depending on the housing system they come up with they could use housing assests for stuff in the rest of the world and fill out cities easier.
    2. Yeah Idk if wow could handle a real housing system.
    3. The majority of players don't raid or pvp and yet Blizzard still keeps developing those systems and putting money into them. Raidfinder has helped get more people into raids but even then Blizzard has stated that most players don't raid.
    4. They still develop stuff for pet battles and abandoning features they created for one expansion is much more costly and wasteful then keeping a feature and adding to it as time goes on. They abandon stuff because they either aren't completely happy with it or it doesn't make sense where the story is going or too many players seemed to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    It doesn't have to. In wildstar you could visit other players plots and eventually they had communities where you could add 5 peoples plots together and an area surrounding them that could also be modified and built on. They also had minigames you could play and so people would visit other peoples plots that had stuff they didn't. It also gave the economy another type of item to trade and craft so you had people interacting to either sell or get items.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-10-18 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    But it already is in the game by default, you sit in a city talking to no one doing your own thing playing solo. You're already isolated. Just because people are around you doesnt mean the opposite.

Take leveling in older zones, running instances on your own. Again you're isolated.

Giving a place for a player to port to for a couple hours a day to create something cool isnt the same as isolation. Leave all the important vendors and systems in main cities.. They will leave their house for them.

Guild or player housing, would be happy with either, either would get me back into wow pretty quickly.

Garrisons were a failure, but that was the only part I really enjoyed about wod
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Here are my responses. Garrisons are not player housing by a mile. and 2, Who says player housing has to be solo only? Did anyone play games like Runescape? where you could have mini games and even dungeons inside of your home and invite others in for parties? (not to mention demon butlers!) Ark and conan exiles you can invite others in for RP or as a base of operation.
    You say garrisons are not player housing but then you describe exactly what garrisons were. Invite people and do stuff in your garrison, it's not solo only, there was things to do like the invasion, you can do RP anywhere you like in WoW, there's nothing special other games have about that.

Realistically garrisons only had one problem: the gathering buildings killed the gathering professions and destroyed economy. People based their entire "garrisons suck" on that aspect alone. If there was no financial benefit to buildings, people could get what they want aesthetistically, buildings are exactly the same thing as rooms in a house, you're just not in a walled box all the time which is arguably better, the only way to really make it better is allowing you to customize each building's interior.

But in itself, the garrison feature was fine, it's just how it was used that made it look like a terrible feature.

I think we should get something like garrison as a guild hall and inside that space instead of having random buildings, it should be players houses. Like each guild would have a city populated by its members basically.

Don't need it, don't want it. Good bye /slamdoor

I'd rather the development resources go towards something else.
    #TeamTinkers