Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    Hello, 1st post on a wow forum since I lost posting privileges on AJ during WOTLK lol.

Anyway,

Wouldn't that make your classic experience better?.

Is it going to hurt your nostalgia or gameplay?.

Wouldn't that make raids and other content more fun?

Thoughts?
    It would be a slap in the face to the thousands of people who have been fighting for WoW Classic over the last 10 years. That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    So they make the threshold 75%. The vote passes. Now 25% of players dont agree with the change and just want to play the game they've been asking for for 15 years. Then the next vote comes and it passes. 25% of those no longer like the change and just want to play the game they originally played. Repeat until over half the current playerbase quits and / or just wants to play the "museum" they were promised.

Only way classic+ is gonna happen is if classic servers get left alone and they open classic+ servers. Which I honestly dont see happening because theyd want to avoid splitting the playerbase further.
    If they allow you to transfer to the + servers there won't be any issues. splitting the player base already happened when they created 2 factions in the first place.

You think you wanted classic but didn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    You think you wanted classic but didn't.
    Oh but we sure did. Now that we have it we can also have discussions about it. Pretty neat really

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    not if they design classes around being rock scissor paper style of gameplay instead of everyone is special everyone can heal themselves and everyone is as equal as possible style wow retail went for
    I distinctly remember a lot of talk about homogenization around the time of Wrath, and I agree that classes need to stand apart. But if you have a dps spec, it should be at least somewhat competitive in a theoretical Classic+, at least in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Make them PvE only changes as passives (in PvE). Blizzard does this all the time now as they have the technology. We're playing a game from 2004 but on 2019 tech.

They kept the debuff slots intentionally restricted to give the community that same feel. If a large part of the community would like some brush ups to PvE content (not at the expense of PvP) then perhaps there's a chance Blizzard will listen.

But saying "oh if they do this it'll affect PvP" is a non-argument because they have the tech to separate PvE and PvP balancing if they decided to even balance in the first place.
    Yes and they stated they hated doing this. Because it breaks immersion and isnt always obvious to the players. I think many more ppl would be against this than just changing the spell entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If they allow you to transfer to the + servers there won't be any issues. splitting the player base already happened when they created 2 factions in the first place.
    Ya I don't think theyd want to split it even farther. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world and not trying to rain on your parade, but it's my opinion that its just not gonna happen. I'd have no problem if they let ppl copy chars off and move onto a classic+ server
    Last edited by ellieg; 2019-10-18 at 04:24 PM.

#nochanges was good for the first version of classic. Once Naxx will be cleared back and forth, a classic+ / season2 would be good way to shake things up. For the mana issue of hybrid, making the last talent of the spec have a passive effect that reduce/remove the mana cost of some dps spells only while you are in PVE instance (raid and maybe dungeon if necessary) would a great change. Not all spells, but just enough so they are not useless if they go oom (Enhancement should have stormstrike, buff totem and shock free, but any lightning, dps/heal totem, healing spell would still cost the same). This way, you don't affect outdoor and pvp where those hybrid do not struggle.

This with the removal of debuff limit (yeah yeah, rebalance boss if needed) should help make raid frame have more then 3 colors.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Ya I don't think theyd want to split it even farther. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world and not trying to rain on your parade, but it's my opinion that its just not gonna happen. I'd have no problem if they let ppl copy chars off and move onto a classic+ server
    I have played on a pserver before and I tell you, even with a few thousand players it was healthy enough to do all kinds of content.

combat is not drawn out in classic fights are over very fast increasing mana would not really hurt pvp in any way you would only need to worry about PvE
    If Combat wouldn't be that drawn out, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    A lot of hybrids aren't viable due to their lack of mana regen, you can't justify your argument with a point that essentially makes your proposal pointless.

Either Combat is long enough for hybrids that mana becomes an issue for them, or combat isn't long enough that mana becomes an issue for them.

with all the raids ive lead in vanilla and classic most of my time as a raid leader is spent telling people to do LESS DPS killing a boss slower is safer
    Yeah, one of the things people have been doing wrong in Classic.
    The best solution to almost any fight is to finish it as fast as possible, Healer mana regen cannot sustain a prolonged combat unless they really load into consumables (Mana Flask, Demon / Dark Runes, Mana pots, etc.).
    Finishing the fight before mana becomes an issue is the best solution to any mana issue.

I see this failed assumption on Bosses like Golemagg, where some people believe it's best to do a Dps stop once the tanks has too many stacks and can't attack anymore (=Dps might aggro if they keep dps'ing).
    In reality, it's just better to burn through the boss health full force rather than prolong the fight for another 30 seconds.

I have played on a pserver before and I tell you, even with a few thousand players it was healthy enough to do all kinds of content.
    Sure, but is it profitable enough to develop content for classic +?

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    It was A LOT better than vanilla anyway. At least some specs were usable.

To classic+ people .. what the fuck is wrong with you? Play the damn retail, there's your classic+ right there, or just wait for the other expansions. Why do you want classic but not classic?
    This. Classic is all or nothing in my eyes. If you want real changes then you never wanted classic to begin with.

Sure, but is it profitable enough to develop content for classic +?
    It depends, new content is going to bring people in regardless of the WoW version.

It would make pve way easier and really screw with pvp. It isn't like they could just alter mana or spec resources and not open up 50 other cans of worms.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This. Classic is all or nothing in my eyes. If you want real changes then you never wanted classic to begin with.
    If they do separate classic+ servers there is nothing wrong with that, and the ability to move your characters over to it. They can balance things around new gear instead of changing the talents too much which would keep the classic feel intact.

No, go play retail if you want class balance and changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Private servers with 1-2 thousand players were dead as fuck. Finding groups for anything took hours.

It depends, new content is going to bring people in regardless of the WoW version.
    So classic came out and ppl who had active subs checked it out, and then I'd guess over 50% left. Of the ppl still playing classic, I'd guess over 50% werent previously subbed and only came back to play classic.

If classic+ comes out, I'm sure ppl with active subs would check it out, and some would stay. But how many new ppl would come to play that blizzard isnt already making money off of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Fixing hybrid Mana issues might make them viable in PvE, but it will make them ridiculous in PvP. It took them releasing an expansion (a full reset) to get it even close to balanced.
    No expansion was a "full reset" on class design until Cataclysm... The changes made in TBC and Wrath were extrodinarily minor by comparison.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

So classic came out and ppl who had active subs checked it out, and then I'd guess over 50% left. Of the ppl still playing classic, I'd guess over 50% werent previously subbed and only came back to play classic.

If classic+ comes out, I'm sure ppl with active subs would check it out, and some would stay. But how many new ppl would come to play that blizzard isnt already making money off of?
    They make tons of money every month hundreds of millions in profit. I doubt it would be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    No, go play retail if you want class balance and changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Private servers with 1-2 thousand players were dead as fuck. Finding groups for anything took hours.
    I found groups fine on the one I was on.

Yeah, after spamming "LF Tank" for 3 hours.

They make tons of money every month hundreds of millions in profit. I doubt it would be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure they could afford to take all their customers to a bar and buy them a beer but they are a business. I dont think you can expect them to spend on development costs for something that's not gonna make them money.