Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

Forgot to add, its 25g per week.
    25g seems a bit excessive. They should just split run ony and sell a head/helms. My guild is already selling 1 head a week and druid/paladin helms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    It's fucking ridiculous what guilds in Classic get away with.

Like, Blizzard changed the whole looting system in BFA because some poor souls were trapped in some weird abusive loot council guilds and because sometimes trials don't get any items for a month!

Meanwhile in Classic about every single fucking guild is going completely mental. No loot if you failed once, no loot if you don't use like 5 pots for every boss, guild tax, fucking DKP systems in 2019 and god knows what else. Because after seeing how piss easy MC truly is, it's absolutely necessary to punish single mistakes on bosses that would still die with 500 mistakes and 10 players. Because the place would be unbeatable without everyone using 5 pots and all DM buffs. Because you need a guild tax to prepare for raids that are still like 2 years away and which are going to be 100% as piss easy as MC. And because managing a DKP system for 50 people for 3 hours of raiding every week is totally reasonable and doesn't mean that every new person will pretty much not get anything they want for about 6 months.

It's ridiculous how guilds in Classic act like fucking Method when they're dealing with LFR content. If your Classic guilds asks for anything more than you having somewhat proper pre-raid gear and being there when raids are planned... then they're either fucking clowns or trying to fuck with you.
    so.....don't join those guilds

lol

I was in the top guild on my sever from mid vanilla through to Cataclysm and they never once asked for a 'tax'. They either required you to farm your own consumables or used all the BoE's to fund guild expenditures.

It's a guild being managed objectively bad. Get out of there. You can easily find a decent guild that wont make such ridiculous demands.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    so.....don't join those guilds

lol
    Seemingly not that easy considering how many posts we're getting from people asking if they should stay with such a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a new guild. Full stop.

Advice applies to either version of the game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

Can I ask for your guild leaders name? I'd like to speak with him/her/it and fix this all for you.

They're allowed to ask for a weekly tax

You're allowed to call them out on that and find a better guild

This sounds like a scam to me, bear in mind if all members of the raid team are expected to pay this charge this will be bringing in 1000G to the guild bank each week, someone can correct me if im wrong as im not sure of market prices but this seems an excessive amount to cover raiding consumables for a weeks worth of raids

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    I too just think you’re lying. 100 black lotuses?
    Lotuses are pretty cheap on my server, buying all below 25g, the layering put a pretty huge amount of materials into the game early on. buying it now instead of when the demand increases and supply is less.

Edit:

find new guild.

raids are faceroll to the point that guilds clear then in quest greens so there is no point preparing to anything.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit:

TAX!?

The fuck!?

Was never a thing for us in Vanilla, but I guess Classic it is more so. I would more expect people to give shares in crafting materials for potions and such, but a 25 f-ing gold tax?! Come on.. Sounds like you're being milked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you see a return, maybe. But how these things usually work is a group of like 4 or 5 folks get rich and the guild carries them though gold gains and then the same people LC themselves all the loot too.

But if you get return then you get return. 25g sounds flat insane to be honest. 5 to 10 seems more reasonable to slow build to Naxx material needs.

if they wanted 25g a week from me theyd better show me their budget planning.

25g per raider, 40 raiders, lets say 6 months till AQ comes out... they'd easily be sitting on 25k gold by then. GL explaining how you need that much for resist gear.

does the GM have a girlfriend who doesn't have an epic mount yet perchance?

The officers and GM are likely riding around on epic mounts provided by your hard earned gold. A guild tax? What the fuck is that? Hahaha!!!

It's fine, as long as they say PAY UP NOOB!

Gotta pay those guild dues, m8!

I've seen a couple of guild taxes work, but it needs a clear purpose.

One way I've seen it work was to have each raider donate something towards a consumables. You could contribute herbs that you'd bought or farmed, or just the going rate of herbs that day in gold. That sort of thing.

Another is if you do boosts, having some of the cut go to the guild bank to finance consumables and BoEs.

A guild just taking gold off you for being in the guild is likely scamming you.

Trading Guilds in ESO have a tax, but that is because the guild needs to buy the right to a trader at a fixed spot in the world. There is no centralized auction house. You are essentially
    Pooling your reaources as a guild to buy the right to access the market and sell your guilds (and hopefully the amount you sell is more than the tax). I can't imagine a wow guild needing a tax.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-18 at 07:25 PM.

I would not stay in this guild, but that's my choice. If people are willing / foolish enough to lay 25g a week, that's up to them. Honestly though, it sounds like a total scam.

Why not just quit the guild and then rejoin once Naxx launches and skip out on the 25 gold a week?? LoL 300 IQ BIG BRAIN MOVE