Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The forsakens torment should never really end. Blizzard did a shit job setting up their story after wrath and now that they are getting something it's the worst thing they could do. Since they fucked up Sylvanas getting rid of her was good but Calia is not who should lead them.
    They have been planning this Sylvanas stuff for a long time, her character was developed, their poor decision was having her character building in the books which not much of the player base read in where all her character development happened so anything that they do in the game looked like it was out of left field.

They need to take all that character building and show it in the damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Boy, do i love me some human males.
    Its weird how they imply Derek and Calia have grown close. Its like Terenas's spirit appeared before his daughter and warned her that there must always be a boy toy and vanished.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They have been planning this Sylvanas stuff for a long time, her character was developed, their poor decision was having her character building in the books which not much of the player base read in where all her character development happened so anything that they do in the game looked like it was out of left field.

They need to take all that character building and show it in the damn game.
    Their poor decision was making her development shit. Going from wanting her and her people to be alive to GRRR LIFE!!! It would have been so easy to set up Nathanos as the new leader but no. The horde can't have any morally questionable people in it anymore i guess. You are right about them needing to show way more in game tho.

Their poor decision was making her development shit. Going from wanting her and her people to be alive to GRRR LIFE!!! It would have been so easy to set up Nathanos as the new leader but no. The horde can't have any morally questionable people in it anymore i guess. You are right about them needing to show way more in game tho.
    She became far more unstable when Genn destroyed the lantern, had he not done that BfA would not have happened. That was really the only thing they showed us which sucks since there could have been a ton of story quests to show a lot of that.

We are going to see Uther, Tirion, Varian. All the heroes of the past are going to be in the Shadowlands I am guessing. It is also becoming clear that the next Hero class is Dark Ranger from all the lore up until now, even having Sylvanas leave opens up all the Rangers she abandoned to join the good fight with us.

- - - Updated - - -

She is the rightful heir to the throne, and she will be a great addition to the new council of Tiristfal.
    Yeah, Forsaken are that stupid, to you know, pretend she's the "rightful" ruler cause her dad was, but ignore the fact that her brother is the reason they are rotting undead.

Second, what throne? That throne is long gone. Sylvanas built the Forsaken, she didn't take over them she formed them up when they were drooling zombies, abandoned by both Arthas and Calia. Their city, their social structure, their identity, were built by Sylvanas. So yeah, what throne?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah, Forsaken are that stupid, to you know, pretend she's the "rightful" ruler cause her dad was, but ignore the fact that her brother is the reason they are rotting undead.

Second, what throne? That throne is long gone. Sylvanas built the Forsaken, she didn't take over them she formed them up when they were drooling zombies, abandoned by both Arthas and Calia. Their city, their social structure, their identity, were built by Sylvanas. So yeah, what throne?
    She might feel she needs to atone for her families misdeeds and now she is connected to them in way where she understands the cold hand of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    This is what I've been trying to say.

The dialog we've seen so far seems to clearly show that the Forsaken are lost, bitter, and unhappy. Calia is not a part of the Forsaken, she doesn't understand them, and she's going to be trying to lead them. I don't feel like this is a plot point that is going to go overlooked because they've made a point to show us in the dialog so far that yes, they're aware Calia is not a fit for these people right now.

It's always worth pointing out though that this is Blizzard we're talking about. I feel like this is something they really want to bring attention to, but I don't have a huge amount of faith that we'll actually see a good story come out of it. But I'm not going to assume they're going to ignore this potentially interesting story point when they're making a point to draw attention to it. Blizzard wants people to have the reaction people are having, which tells me they plan to do something with it.
    That's where my optimism comes from. From the intentionally invoked bitterness, rage, and confusion following the Burning of Teldrassil came Old Soldier. They're making a lot of controversial decisions like this as of late, but it's all with a larger picture in mind we can't see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    She might feel she needs to atone for her families misdeeds and now she is connected to them in way where she understands the cold hand of death.
    Doesn't matter what she feels like. What matters is what the forsaken think about her, and most if not all forsaken would hate her just for her name. Really she wouldn't last five minutes before someone killed her.

Doesn't matter what she feels like. What matters is what the forsaken think about her, and most if not all forsaken would hate her just for her name. Really she wouldn't last five minutes before someone killed her.
    We will have to wait and see what happens. I have a feeling she is going to make some kind of grand gesture that will help win some of them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    The Forsaken don't really despise the entire Menethil family just because of Arthas, they simply despise Arthas. Terenas was his father but the Forsaken still loved him deeply. Even though Arthas was a monster, his father was a good and fair monarch who ruled Lordaeron for some 70 years.

As for your seconds point, I don't see it as a problem. There are lots of leaders in real life who were entrusted a position of power "out of nowhere", when they didn't really know how to act because they had little knowledge of what their people needed. This is no different than Anduin back in Classic. If Calia is still not fit to rule because she has more to learn, Voss or Alonsus Faol could just act as regents in her stead, like Bolvar in Classic.
    Voss and Alonsus Faol don't even belong to the forsaken faction. Voss was out doing her own thing for like 10 years and Alsonsus Faol was doing who knows what cause I don't play priest.

I wouldn't put an attempt on her un-life past the forsaken at all. Perhaps that's where we're headed, that her initial introduction to the larger forsaken population will be met with violent, embittered rejection. Only after having gone through that could she understand what has come to define the forsaken in her absence. Not undeath, but being forsaken. Voss by her father, Zelling by his wife and children, the night elves by Elune, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Voss and Alonsus Faol don't even belong to the forsaken faction. Voss was out doing her own thing for like 10 years and Alsonsus Faol was doing who knows what cause I don't play priest.
    Alonsus is neutral but Voss is certified Horde-aligned forsaken since BFA. I'd say she was "neutral, but she's killing our enemies and is way too strong to take down so just leave her to it" before that point.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-18 at 06:06 PM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    We will have to wait and see what happens. I have a feeling she is going to make some kind of grand gesture that will help win some of them over.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Really there's nothing she can do that would make her work as the leader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I wouldn't put an attempt on her un-life past the forsaken at all. Perhaps that's where we're headed, that her initial introduction to the larger forsaken population will be met with violent, embittered rejection. Only after having gone through that could she understand what has come to define the forsaken in her absence. Not undeath, but being forsaken. Voss by her father, Zelling by his wife and children, the night elves by Elune, and so forth.
    If they kill her off and let someone else lead then it could be good but i won't hold my breath.

She understands shit. Ugh, aside the fact that she's a light abomination, not even close to a Forsaken in any way, whose mindset itself is part of their identity, but she's an Alliance lapdog.

In my opinion, based on dialogue(even post-death Saurfang), is that a lot of the Forsaken still have faith in Sylvanas and still follow her albeit in the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

She understands shit. Ugh, aside the fact that she's a light abomination, not even close to a Forsaken in any way, whose mindset itself is part of their identity, but she's an Alliance lapdog.
    You realize we are getting Unity/Peace Mode eh? the counterpart to War Mode where we can group for PvE content. They need to create a story reason for it to work in game that is what this is all working towards. All the faction merger haters can keep War Mode on and hopefully they make a separate forum once it is implemented so we don't have to see all these Horde vs Alliance haters.

Honestly it is a long time coming and I am happy.

You realize we are getting Unity/Peace Mode eh? the counterpart to War Mode where we can group for PvE content. They need to create a story reason for it to work in game that is what this is all working towards. All the faction merger haters can keep War Mode on and hopefully they make a separate forum once it is implemented so we don't have to see all these Horde vs Alliance haters.

Honestly it is a long time coming and I am happy.
    Maybe you should wait for the actual announcement before you start making your little peace plans. And quite frankly how it that a justification to take a proverbial crap on an entire player race?

Maybe you should wait for the actual announcement before you start making your little peace plans. And quite frankly how it that a justification to take a proverbial crap on an entire player race?
    Well it is pretty much obvious that Tyrande and Genn are also out, we will get more level headed leaders in their position. We are looking for peace going forward but the haters can still use War More and shoooo.

Well it is pretty much obvious that Tyrande and Genn are also out, we will get more level headed leaders in their position. We are looking for peace going forward but the haters can still use War More and shoooo.
    I appreciate the transparency of the absolutely cancerous result you're after. The gameplay element though, which is the only worthwhile one, and even that's dubious for the long-term health of the game, could've been achieved just as well by collapsing the races from their blocs because of their differences. Turning everyone into clones of one another was unnecessary in allowing people to do content regardless of race.

That said it'd make me profoundly satisfied if Blizzard end up pussying out at the last second and not introducing the gameplay Unifaction, as extremely slim as that chance now is. That'd give more hope of the story unifaction getting tossed in the trash where it belongs in an expansion or two.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Really there's nothing she can do that would make her work as the leader.

If they kill her off and let someone else lead then it could be good but i won't hold my breath.
    As forsaken we can hold our breath forever!

It's not obvious.

Even if Blizz is stupid enough to break something that has been working since they launched the game, they'll figure out how stupid it actually is and bring it right back.