Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

TBC would get boring quick

TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.

Bland and boring Outland leveling that can be finished in a week.

Faction imbalance issues that were prevalent when Blood Elves joined the Horde.

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

TBC sort of ruined Warcraft lore. It was destroyed in The Burning Crusade.

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.

Remeber how grindy the attunements were just to do a raid.

Uncreative TBC dungeons. Wings and hallways full of copy paste.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.

Gear vendors. A RPG where you buy all your gear off of a merchant in town.

Daily quests inflating the economy. Repetitive and timegated.

Remember how everyone on both factions flew in circles around Shattrah all day.

Remember how awful and boring Shattrah was as a capital city.

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.

I just don't see the appeal for TBC. Nostalgia is a real thing you know.
    Last edited by Worgenmaniac; 2019-10-18 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post

How ironic.

"You think you do but don't?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    How ironic.

"You think you do but don't?"
    Have you ever thought about bringing back some of the old expansions.

You think you do, but you don't.

TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. I agree with J. Allen Brack. His reply was about the expansions, not Vanilla specifically. He literally said TBC and he is right.

Fine, don't play it.

Go back to Retail to level up your new Fox Pokemon and play with your llama.

We have way too many tourists in our servers as it is, one tourist less will be great.

Oh, don't forget to take your friends with you too back to Retail.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Fine, don't play it.

Go back to Retail to level up your new Fox Pokemon and play with your llama.

We have way too many tourists in our servers as it is, one tourist less will be great.

Oh, don't forget to take your friends with you too back to Retail.
    I can't believe the fox race. Doesn't seem like it belongs in WoW. Yet, is retail even wow anymore at this point.

Well, given Timewalking Burning Crusade and Black Temple already in retail, and that BC leveling is only like 10 levels, I can see the point.

I mean you can tweak every single statement and apply it to classic. TBC just isnt for you I guess but there are plenty who LOVED it and it would be for them

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

Perception was by far the best pvp racial in the game...

Remeber how grindy the attunements were just to do a raid.
    ú

yeah cos onyxia attunement isnt grindy at all...

Gear vendors. A RPG where you buy all your gear off of a merchant in town.
    how else would you get gear for arena?

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.
    doesnt have to be out for a year in classic TBC tho.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.
    it was more of a perfect imbalance outside of a few classes

every class besides maybe shamans had a rank1 viable comp, and shamans had 5v5

plus you could play only dps comps unlike now.

and arena is what gives TBC a lot of replayability, and is why it wont go boring quick.

I'm just biding my time till I can arena again in the best expansion for it.

Imagine making the same topic 2 times within 1 month, it's pretty sad

Classic case of trying to present your opinions as fact, and force others to agree with you. This thread will end in tears because of OPs attitude - they are not open to discussion at all, agree with OP or you are wrong.

Many people want tbc, and time walking has nothing to do with the inevitable launch of classic tbc servers. Every statement you made about tbc could be made about classic, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    Perception was by far the best pvp racial in the game...

ú

yeah cos onyxia attunement isnt grindy at all...

how else would you get gear for arena?

doesnt have to be out for a year in classic TBC tho.

it was more of a perfect imbalance outside of a few classes

every class besides maybe shamans had a rank1 viable comp, and shamans had 5v5

plus you could play only dps comps unlike now.

and arena is what gives TBC a lot of replayability, and is why it wont go boring quick.

I'm just biding my time till I can arena again in the best expansion for it.
    Arena is the main selling point for TBC. It offers PvP replayability that Classic does not. However, I do not think it would be as fun as you remember. Players nowadays will figure out the optimal comps and meta for season 1. It won't be like it was when TBC launched. Part of what made early arena fun was the variety of specs and comps you would see. That is not how it would be nowadays and classic is proof of that.

- - - Updated - - -

What I am saying is that TBC shares a lot with retail. Heck much of TBC is playable on retail. There is a reason Blizzard made the raids more accessible in WOTLK. I am not convinced most players would find TBC raids worth the time. Molten core is a joke in Classic, but at least it is accessible.

Arena is the main selling point for TBC. It offers PvP replayability that Classic does not. However, I do not think it would be as fun as you remember. Players nowadays will figure out the optimal comps and meta for season 1. It won't be like it was when TBC launched. Part of what made early arena fun was the variety of specs and comps you would see. That is not how it would be nowadays and classic is proof of that.

- - - Updated - - -

What I am saying is that TBC shares a lot with retail. Heck much of TBC is playable on retail. There is a reason Blizzard made the raids more accessible in WOTLK. I am not convinced most players would find TBC raids worth the time. Molten core is a joke in Classic, but at least it is accessible.
    but "meta" doesnt mean 1 comp

there are a lot of good meta comps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.
    Not sure what game you were playing but there was plenty of World PvP in TBC (and WotLK) for me. We were able to dismount people until Cataclysm removed all the knockbacks.

Battlegrounds and Arena affected wpvp far more than flying mounts did. Flying mounts allowed people to join up for fights faster and respond to "under attack" events which are just ignored with slow ground mounts because people don't want to divert and then have to run back to where they were (usually after finding out that the other faction has already left).
    Speciation Is Gradual

What do you want then?

Let me guess...

classic +?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is the same guy who wrote a thread a short while back hoping for a BC server so he can "watch it fail."

No point trying to argue with these people who are blinded by hate boners.

TBC would be on SEPARATE servers so why are some people getting so defensive about it?

Personally I prefer TBC for the greater amount of endgame things to do.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly everything you listed can be applied to vanilla.

Stating that arena is bad and would be boring cause people would develop a meta is some pretty hilarious thinking. The premise of a meta isn't wrong, but to imply there aren't metas in vanilla regardless of the absence of a competitive PvP scene is asinine. There's a reason there's a massive amount of mages this time around, less hunters, and instead of two gnomes per realm like there was 15 years ago, they now account for probably half of the population.

Let people enjoy what they want. If people get bored they get bored, who the fuck cares. The development time to introduce TBC would be even smaller than Vanilla.

Then don't play it and stay on classic.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Outland levelling may be a bit dull but it's far better than what recent expansions gave us.

2. If anything the Draenei and Blood Elves fixed faction imbalance issues.

3. That's been a problem ever since Vanilla. It turns out that racials like Berserking and Blood Fury are really good. On the other hand, you could end up with a WoD situation where everybody rolls Human for PvP because Every Man for Himself is OP as fuck and gives you a free stunbreaker that frees up a trinket slot.

4. TBC's lore was pretty good, aside from the mak'gora between Garrosh and Thrall which was so out of character it hurts. If anything, the lore turned sour from Mists of Pandaria onwards.

5. Most of the zones were pretty well designed. Blade's Edge was a bit of an exception, but Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, Nagrand and Netherstorm were incredible.

6. No, instanced battlegrounds killed off World PvP. And everybody's whinging about flying mounts killed off later expansions like WoD, Legion and BFA because the ability to fly was later locked behind fucking tedious quest and reputation grind.

7. Yet TBC's attunement path is nowhere near as ridiculous as Wildstar's. Karazhan only requires you to do a medium length quest chain where you need to grind gold for Expert Riding so that you can access the Arcatraz. That was the most annoying part of that attunement quest and I still prefer it to catering raids towards absolute troglodytes like later expansions did.

8. TBC dungeons were much better than Vanilla, with the exception of Black Morass.

9. Like people do now? Arena has and always will be a hotbed of elitist dickheads who impose 2200 rating catch-22s and expect teammates to play nothing but meta comps. I had to suffer through that shit in TBC and Wrath back when Hunters were the weakest and most underpowered PvP class in the game.

10. A PvP stat giving a benefit to PvPers? Oh how painful...

11. And I'd rather have these gear vendors than the Titanforging RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG bullshit we have today.

12. Just like LFR and Mythic raid progression today?

13 and 14. Remember how awful and boring Ashran was? Shattrath shits all over the 'capital cities' we got in Warlords.

15. Yet the Burning Crusade's content drought led to an increase of 4 million subscribers as opposed to the harsh drop that WoD's did. Why is that? Because dungeons and raids were hard, and had to be progressed through sequentially. Blizzard didn't shoehorn everybody into the latest raid on 4 difficulties, nor did they introduce content which dropped a plethora of welfare epics allowing players to skip entire raid tiers. Of course people would stop playing a game if they could skip to the final level.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2019-10-18 at 07:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Denial is a real thing too you know.

Yes, I can take anything, focus solely on weaknesses and exaggerate them beyond recognition too. What you presented above is no different than the nostalgic have done...you simply have done it in reverse.

BC was a great game, warts and all. Most of what you stated is laughably wrong, and other statements (you can't realistically call them arguments as you are simply stating your opinion with nothing to back those statements up) don't actually match up with the game.

I suspect that you never actually did play BC, and, judging from your account creation date, are nothing more than a bitter person who thinks this kind of interaction (just being derogatory) is somehow positive. Be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Not sure what game you were playing but there was plenty of World PvP in TBC (and WotLK) for me. We were able to dismount people until Cataclysm removed all the knockbacks.

Battlegrounds and Arena affected wpvp far more than flying mounts did. Flying mounts allowed people to join up for fights faster and respond to "under attack" events which are just ignored with slow ground mounts because people don't want to divert and then have to run back to where they were (usually after finding out that the other faction has already left).
    Seriously? Flying mounts killed off so much player interaction out in the world. You literally had players flying up in the sky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    1. Outland levelling may be a bit dull but it's far better than what recent expansions gave us.

2. If anything the Draenei and Blood Elves fixed faction imbalance issues.

3. That's been a problem ever since Vanilla. It turns out that racials like Berserking and Blood Fury are really good. On the other hand, you could end up with a WoD situation where everybody rolls Human for PvP because Every Man for Himself is OP as fuck and gives you a free stunbreaker that frees up a trinket slot.

4. TBC's lore was pretty good, aside from the mak'gora between Garrosh and Thrall which was so out of character it hurts. If anything, the lore turned sour from Mists of Pandaria onwards.

5. Most of the zones were pretty well designed. Blade's Edge was a bit of an exception, but Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, Nagrand and Netherstorm were incredible.

6. No, instanced battlegrounds killed off World PvP. And everybody's whinging about flying mounts killed off later expansions like WoD, Legion and BFA because the ability to fly was later locked behind fucking tedious quest and reputation grind.

7. Yet TBC's attunement path is nowhere near as ridiculous as Wildstar's. Karazhan only requires you to do a medium length quest chain where you need to grind gold for Expert Riding so that you can access the Arcatraz. That was the most annoying part of that attunement quest and I still prefer it to catering raids towards absolute troglodytes like later expansions did.

8. TBC dungeons were much better than Vanilla, with the exception of Black Morass.

9. Like people do now? Arena has and always will be a hotbed of elitist dickheads who impose 2200 rating catch-22s and expect teammates to play nothing but meta comps. I had to suffer through that shit in TBC and Wrath back when Hunters were the weakest and most underpowered PvP class in the game.

10. A PvP stat giving a benefit to PvPers? Oh how painful...

11. And I'd rather have these gear vendors than the Titanforging RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG bullshit we have today.

12. Just like LFR and Mythic raid progression today?

13 and 14. Remember how awful and boring Ashran was? Shattrath shits all over the 'capital cities' we got in Warlords.

15. Yet the Burning Crusade's content drought led to an increase of 4 million subscribers as opposed to the harsh drop that WoD's did. Why is that? Because dungeons and raids were hard, and had to be progressed through sequentially. Blizzard didn't shoehorn everybody into the latest raid on 4 difficulties, nor did they introduce content which dropped a plethora of welfare epics allowing players to skip entire raid tiers. Of course people would stop playing a game if they could skip to the final level.
    TBC piggybacked off of Vanilla. TBC population didn't grow because of TBC, but because WoW itself had millions of new players joining. Why do you think growth stopped in WOTLK.