Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I do not care about that link, and as it was said, proofs for that kind of things are hard to come by.

But, yes, I did see those sorts of things happen from time to time during my time in wow. Free to you to believe me or no, I do not really care.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Are you the sort of person who plays CoD, and cries when a high level experienced players kills a newer player?
    No i am the sort of player who doesn't play CoD. Why are you so afraid to admit you are corpse camping people to annoy and frustrate them? Some likeminded people in this thread are happy to admit they are doing it to be pricks. Running into arseholes on a PvP server is just the way it goes.

I will kill a lowbie if he attacks me first. If i ever get to 60 on my toon on Gehennas i will attack and kill any 60 horde i see but only once. That is just the way i have always played. I just think corpse campers and lowbie killers are utter scum. The only time i will kill someone repeatedly is to get those sort of player to jog on. 9/10 they piss their pants and run as soon as someone who can fight back shows up anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    A guild stalking a single player 24/7 will get punished by Blizzard.
    No it will not. PVP on a PVP server is not a bannable offense.

And you can't mislabel something because you don't like it in hopes of criminalizing it. If Specialka kills me 3 times, I can't call it "harassment" or "stalking" just because I personally feel targetted.

That would be as silly as when streamers make up terms like "stream sniping", trying to criminalize killing them in a game. If that were the case, the rest of the plebs would buy a webcam and gain immunity.

If a guild is going that far out of their way to dedicate all their time JUST for you, you must have said or done something absolutely extreme. No normal person actually does that.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2019-10-18 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    WRONG!
    Killing a member of the other faction, no matter the level difference, is not griefing. Each player signed up to play on that realm. They both consented to getting killed by the opposing faction. I could sit there 24 7 camping a horde lvl19 on my alliance LVL 60 and constantly kill them all day every day for months. Years. This is not griefing. I can form 3 X 40 man raids and we can camp the horde base in ashenvale killing every player in sight for 1000 days. This is not griefing. There is ALWAYS a PvP solution. If you call this griefing then you really have no business in a PvP realm.
    I do not agree with any of this. It is griefing. Period. It is not PvP. PvP is when everyone has a chance, and a 60 vs 19 is not PvP.

Blizzard also disagrees with you. They have banned players and guilds for camping areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    No it will not. PVP on a PVP server is not a bannable offense.

And you can't mislabel something because you don't like it in hopes of criminalizing it. If Specialka kills me 3 times, I can't call it "harassment" or "stalking" just because I personally feel targetted.

That would be as silly as when streamers make up terms like "stream sniping", trying to criminalize killing them in a game. If that were the case, the rest of the plebs would buy a webcam and gain immunity.

If a guild is going that far out of their way to dedicate all their time JUST for you, you must have said or done something absolutely extreme. No normal person actually does that.
    That is why a whole guild camping someone for hours is called "harassment" or griefing.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I do not agree with any of this. It is griefing. Period. It is not PvP. PvP is when everyone has a chance, and a 60 vs 19 is not PvP.

Blizzard also disagrees with you. They have banned players and guilds for camping areas.
    No, they havnt. Not once. Not ever. They make it extremely clear it is well within the rules and totally allowed. Don't make shit up. The closest someone has come to "proof" of being banned for corpse camping, turned out it had NOTHING to do with corpse camping, and everything to do with creating multiple toons to msg the player over and over again harassing and abusing them, even when they ignored, they would create a new alt. This is the closest anyone has been able to come, and it has nothing to do with pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

That is why a whole guild camping someone for hours is called "harassment" or griefing.

Simple as that.
    Not in this context it's not. And again, blizzard have made their stance extremely extremely clear. Simple as that.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-18 at 07:11 PM.

No, they havnt. Not once. Not ever. They make it extremely clear it is well within the rules and totally allowed. Don't make shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in this context it's not. And again, blizzard have made their stance extremely extremely clear.
    Sure, try to camp someone with a guild for hours and you'll see what happens to you

I do not mind someone killing another player and camping it for a bit btw. It is the law of a pvp server after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    No i am the sort of player who doesn't play CoD. Why are you so afraid to admit you are corpse camping people to annoy and frustrate them? Some likeminded people in this thread are happy to admit they are doing it to be pricks. Running into arseholes on a PvP server is just the way it goes.

I will kill a lowbie if he attacks me first. If i ever get to 60 on my toon on Gehennas i will attack and kill any 60 horde i see but only once. That is just the way i have always played. I just think corpse campers and lowbie killers are utter scum. The only time i will kill someone repeatedly is to get those sort of player to jog on. 9/10 they piss their pants and run as soon as someone who can fight back shows up anyways.
    You don't seem to understand even the most basic concepts of competitive activities. Their frustration is a by-product. If I am playing football, and I tackle someone, that annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. If I am playing a competitive shooter, and shoot someone, it annoys and frustrates them, and I enjoy it. If I am at the track, and pass someone, it annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. Are you starting to get the picture now? Competitive activities often result in joy for one person, and annoyance and frustration for the other - you are making the weird leap that people only wpvp and corpse camp because it frustrates someone else - while completely ignoring the fact many do it because they enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, try to camp someone with a guild for hours and you'll see what happens to you

I do not mind someone killing another player and camping it for a bit btw. It is the law of a pvp server after all.
    Nothing. Nothing will happen. And never has.

No, they havnt. Not once. Not ever. They make it extremely clear it is well within the rules and totally allowed. Don't make shit up. The closest someone has come to "proof" of being banned for corpse camping, turned out it had NOTHING to do with corpse camping, and everything to do with creating multiple toons to msg the player over and over again harassing and abusing them, even when they ignored, they would create a new alt. This is the closest anyone has been able to come, and it has nothing to do with pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in this context it's not. And again, blizzard have made their stance extremely extremely clear. Simple as that.
    Yes, they have. The fact that you do not know this does not magically change facts. Blizzard's definition of griefing includes "the act of a player ruining the gaming experience of another player". Entire guilds were banned for camping one location and repeatedly killing players.

You don't seem to understand even the most basic concepts of competitive activities. Their frustration is a by-product. If I am playing football, and I tackle someone, that annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. If I am playing a competitive shooter, and shoot someone, it annoys and frustrates them, and I enjoy it. If I am at the track, and pass someone, it annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. Are you starting to get the picture now? Competitive activities often result in joy for one person, and annoyance and frustration for the other - you are making the weird leap that people only wpvp and corpse camp because it frustrates someone else - while completely ignoring the fact many do it because they enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing. Nothing will happen. And never has.
    I can tell you for sure that I did see some actions from Blizzard on case like that, but you do you.

Yes, they have. The fact that you do not know this does not magically change facts. Blizzard's definition of griefing includes "the act of a player ruining the gaming experience of another player". Entire guilds were banned for camping one location and repeatedly killing players.
    No, this never happened. It's an entirely fabricated story and blizzard themselves have said it has never, and will never happen. You saying it happened doesn't magically mean it happened, because it didn't. Do I seriously have to link the same article for a 5th time because you lot refuse to accept the FACT that corpse camping and killing low lvl players is never an actionable offence and does NOT represent griefing. At all. Blizzard have said so themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell you for sure that I did see some actions from Blizzard on case like that, but you do you.
    And I can tell you for absolute fact that it never happened, and you are entirely wrong

No, this never happened. It's an entirely fabricated story and blizzard themselves have said it has never, and will never happen. You saying it happened doesn't magically mean it happened, because it didn't. Do I seriously have to link the same article for a 5th time because you lot refuse to accept the FACT that corpse camping and killing low lvl players is never an actionable offence and does NOT represent griefing. At all. Blizzard have said so themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

And I can tell you for absolute fact that it never happened, and you are entirely wrong
    And do you have proof about that? Since you are always asking the same for others, time for you to back you up.

- - - Updated - - -

You are so full of shit. Literally hundreds of people have posted about being banned for pvp griefing. Guess you never heard of Ruin Gaming? Ruin (the entire guild) was banned for camping 1 spot.

Open your eyes, stop arguing when you have not even researched the matter, use Google, and you find that you are the one that is wrong. Until you do so, don't bother replying back to me because I do not continue convos with people that lack the ability to do a little research.

And do you have proof about that? Since you are always asking the same for others, time for you to back you up.
    I have linked the blizzard policy on this 5+ times in this thread alone. You are the ones making the claims, you clowns back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

You are so full of shit. Literally hundreds of people have posted about being banned for pvp griefing. Guess you never heard of Ruin Gaming? Ruin (the entire guild) was banned for camping 1 spot.

Open your eyes, stop arguing when you have not even researched the matter, use Google, and you find that you are the one that is wrong. Until you do so, don't bother replying back to me because I do not continue convos with people that lack the ability to do a little research.
    Prove it. Provide even a shred of actual proof of someone ever getting banned for corpse camping. Just one shred - not some guy who knows a guy who totally said it happened. One screenshot, one blue post, anything to prove what you are saying. I have provided blizzards stance on the subject, and it directly contradicts your claim - provide something to back it up, or just stop. I have provided Rock solid evidence to back up what I am saying, you just want everyone to believe you because "bro, trust me"

I have linked the blizzard policy on this 5+ times in this thread alone. You are the ones making the claims, you clowns back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Prove it. Provide even a shred of actual proof of someone ever getting banned for corpse camping. Just one shred - not some guy who knows a guy who totally said it happened. One screenshot, one blue post, anything to prove what you are saying. I have provided blizzards stance on the subject, and it directly contradicts your claim - provide something to back it up, or just stop. I have provided Rock solid evidence to back up what I am saying, you just want everyone to believe you because "bro, trust me"
    You linked their rule for corpse camping. That is not really the same level. But whatever, I won't waste my time with someone that resorts to personal attack because he lacks arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    There is no "too much" on a PvP server. Griefing will get you in trouble on a PvE server, but it must be something like hours or even days.
    There actually is "too much" on pvp servers from Blizzards own mouth "If someone is specifically targeting a player over a long period of time, we may look into the matter and it is possible that we would take action based on the situation."

Link to blue source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...650621#post-12
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There actually is "too much" on pvp servers from Blizzards own mouth "If someone is specifically targeting a player over a long period of time, we may look into the matter and it is possible that we would take action based on the situation."

Link to blue source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...650621#post-12
    That doesn't say anything will be done. So that isn't any kind of proof that there is too much PvP. When you start digging, you find that the people claiming to have been banned for corpse camping or PvP in general have committed another infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

You linked their rule for corpse camping. That is not really the same level. But whatever, I won't waste my time with someone that resorts to personal attack because he lacks arguments.
    No, I linked their stance on PvP. You can pack a sad all you want, doesn't bother me. Provide the screenshots of the people banned for PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

You have not provided shit, except for the usual vague rules Blizzard uses. You know why they use vague language? Because nothing is set in stone. Camping and killing a player a few times is perfectly fine. However, at some point a line is crossed if one continues to do so, and when that happens, Blizzard bans. I have seen as little as 3 hr bans, and as long 2 weeks, for such actions.

I gave 1 clear cut example (Ruin), one that is well known, and you continue to blindly argue.

That doesn't say anything will be done. So that isn't any kind of proof that there is too much PvP. When you start digging, you find that the people claiming to have been banned for corpse camping or PvP in general have committed another infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I linked their stance on PvP. You can pack a sad all you want, doesn't bother me. Provide the screenshots of the people banned for PvP.
    Sure, and griefing is not pvp. Insult someone in the street, no one will give a shit. Do the same 10 times on several day and you'll get into a lot of trouble. That is called harassment.

Corpse camping in general is pretty pathetic, in my opinion. Since more often it involves a higher number, or a good amount of levels.
    Killing them a few times? Sure, it's a PVP realm. But a continued effort? Definitely grief ib my eyes, and makes you very sad and pathetic as a person .