Trump's constant attention on Pelosi is making her popular.

What Trump opposes becomes more popular

All these results are consistent with what I’ve reported in the past. For instance, Trump’s record unpopularity helped make Barack Obama and Muslims more popular during the 2016 campaign, while eroding support for his signature border wall.

These trends have continued since the election. Trump’s opposition to immigration and Islam has increasingly made the country in general, and Democrats in particular, more supportive of immigrants and Muslims.

In fact, the impeachment inquiry is now the second time that taking on Trump has made Pelosi more popular. As noted in a post early this year, the speaker’s opposition to Trump during the 2018-2019 government shutdown increased her favorability rating by about eight percentage points.

----------------------

I never liked Pelosi. Too much a political creature.
    But how she's handling Trump, rather deftly...it's hard not to admire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I really don't understand why people keep defending her.

She lost, bury her political corpse and forget her.
    I don't get why people keep bringing her up as some kind of defense for Trump. Trump does something illegal, "BUH BUH WHAT ABOUT CLINTON!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump's constant attention on Pelosi is making her popular.

What Trump opposes becomes more popular

All these results are consistent with what I’ve reported in the past. For instance, Trump’s record unpopularity helped make Barack Obama and Muslims more popular during the 2016 campaign, while eroding support for his signature border wall.

These trends have continued since the election. Trump’s opposition to immigration and Islam has increasingly made the country in general, and Democrats in particular, more supportive of immigrants and Muslims.

In fact, the impeachment inquiry is now the second time that taking on Trump has made Pelosi more popular. As noted in a post early this year, the speaker’s opposition to Trump during the 2018-2019 government shutdown increased her favorability rating by about eight percentage points.

----------------------

I never liked Pelosi. Too much a political creature.
    But how she's handling Trump, rather deftly...it's hard not to admire.
    It might be hard for some to like Pelosi, but you've gotta respect how much she's playing Trump hard.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine thinking Hillary Clinton's email make qpq excusable. Imagine still being worried about her emails. Imagine still being worried about her email yet still not finding any dirt related to them.

Stupidgate indeed.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

We have 2 republicans coming out for impeachment today -

quid pro quo...shit.
    Lets call it what it is; extortion.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, the only one bringing her up is your side.

I'm just correcting people clearly remembering her with rose-coloured glasses.

She was crooked, using her as example is counter-productive.
    You didn't correct anything lmfao. You linked something that contradicted your own claim.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    We have 2 republicans coming out for impeachment today -
    Shit, why can't Rooney be my representative. He sounds like a really decent person.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, the only one bringing her up is your side.
    And yet you posted in thread:

Sorry, Clinton's lawyers facilitating deletion of her emails after subpoena that expressly called for them to be kept is a fact.

And trying to get people to ignore facts like that is how she lost.
    Objective proof you're a liar. Whoops.

Looking at Fox News today throughout all this has been crazy. In that if you get your news from Fox, you probably think you live in a totally different reality than the one real people actually exist in. One of their main stories has been Clinton's fucking emails. What is wrong with these people? This is a point where the only unfair part about calling them mentally ill is that it's unfair to the mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I don't get why people keep bringing her up as some kind of defense for Trump. Trump does something illegal, "BUH BUH WHAT ABOUT CLINTON!"

- - - Updated - - -

It might be hard for some to like Pelosi, but you've gotta respect how much she's playing Trump hard.
    Hank Paulson (Bush’s Treasury Secretary) could not stand her. Although he ended up spending a lot of time in her office working on the 2008 Economic Bailout package. In his book, “On The Brink”, there were some stories about Nancy Pelosi.

"We were in Nancy Pelosi's conference room…she maintained an elegant, almost formal atmosphere, with fresh flowers and bowls of chocolates, that was quite removed from the rough-and-tumble of the floor."

"Once, when I walked in with a cup of Diet Coke, she'd said, 'Oh, we don't use plastic cups,' and an aide promptly handed me a very nice glass for my drink."
    Except for whiffs of his ire for Nancy Pelosi making him pour his Diet Coke into a glass, very nice glass according to him, the book actually flatters her quite generously in term of getting the Democrats to vote for the bailout package. He openly admitted that without her, there would have been no bailout package.

It was a very unpopular bill among Democrats. Congressional Democrats unanimously viewed the meltdown as the result of failed policies of the Bush administration. Leading up to the crisis, House Republicans resisted regulation, discipline and supervision. Now, when the walls were about to come tumbling down, Democrats were opposed intervention.

It is a testament to Pelosi’s capability that 172 Democrats ended up voting in favor of the bill and only 62 opposed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Shit, why can't Rooney be my representative. He sounds like a really decent person.
    Only decent compared to the average republican. He's anti-ACA, anti-abortion, anti-DACA, wants concealed carry reciprocity, loves trump's tax cut, wants to purge the FBI of non-trump supporters, and is a deep state nut.

This matter, his occasional environmental support, and inconsistent support for rational firearms policies are his lone saving graces.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

EXCLUSIVE: Rudy Giuliani pushed Trump administration to grant a visa to a Ukrainian official promising dirt on Democrats https://t.co/3l6DEjqi7l https://t.co/ZQhAxnxi99
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...231751168?s=19

We are eventually going to have a story about Giuliani offering the state of North Dakota for dirt on Biden.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Only decent compared to the average republican. He's anti-ACA, anti-abortion, anti-DACA, wants concealed carry reciprocity, loves trump's tax cut, wants to purge the FBI of non-trump supporters, and is a deep state nut.

This matter, his occasional environmental support, and inconsistent support for rational firearms policies are his lone saving graces.
    I am anti-ACA, anti-abortion, pro-DACA, all for concealed carry reciprocity, thinks Trump's tax cut is a scam, want to protect the independence of the FBI and other federal agencies, and love nuts, especially walnuts.

So some clear differences of opinion, but I am on board with some of that.

I know it's a joke, but I've honestly been wondering lately when we'd start getting reports of Trump trying to sell/trade blue states like Hawaii. The republican base already thinks it's a separate country based on how they talked about it during the Obama years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...231751168?s=19

We are eventually going to have a story about Giuliani offering the state of North Dakota for dirt on Biden.
    Wouldn't be a bad way to go about things, there's nothing but dirt in North Dakota.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I know it's a joke, but I've honestly been wondering lately when we'd start getting reports of Trump trying to sell/trade blue states like Hawaii. The republican base already thinks it's a separate country based on how they talked about it during the Obama years.
    I was thinking Puerto Rico would be the one he'd trade to Russia for being a drain on FEMA and always being in the way of hurricanes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, Trump voters. They never fail to disappoint.

Trump's reelection campaign is now selling "Get over it" T-Shirts. So that is a thing. Trump's chief of staff admits to federal crimes on behalf of the President, but tells people just to get over it, then said President's campaign prints the quote on a T-Shirt and sells it to his supporters.

The "Law and Order" candidate everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Ah, Trump voters. They never fail to disappoint.

Trump's reelection campaign is now selling "Get over it" T-Shirts. So that is a thing. Trump's chief of staff admits to federal crimes on behalf of the President, but tells people just to get over it, then said President's campaign prints the quote on a T-Shirt and sells it to his supporters.

The "Law and Order" candidate everyone!
    I mean, they were selling $15 sharpies after "sharpiegate", this isn't remotely surprising. This is the troll party, and the troll candidate, and the troll campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...edName=topNews

And Perry won't cooperate, surprising nobody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And Perry won't cooperate, surprising nobody.
    Claiming the inquiry isn't official so they don't have to do shit. Well, time for subpoenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s ignoring a subpoena.
    They should start throwing people in jail for contempt of congress. Why would anyone comply if they know they wont be held accountable? Maybe people would take the subpoenas more seriously if they knew there was an actual consequence for their actions (or inaction).