Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe Freya was somehow corrupted and turned from an avatar of life to an avatar of Death pretty much in the style of Sylvanas?
    I'm not sure it's necessarily correct to think about life and death in terms of purity and corruption. Death is natural, it is part of the cycle. They go hand-in-hand. If Eonar saw fit to empower a Watcher with command over Life, perhaps it would only be natural to do the same with Death. And Odyn is a dick, but Valhalla is righteous. Death is not purely evil or corrupt.

Maybe they could play with the idea of Freya and Frigg being one and the same, though. That could be interesting. Mirror selves watching over Life and Death or something.

And if Icecrown is a gate to the Shadowlands, that gate surely predates the Lich King being hurled into Azeroth by Kil'jaeden...

Come to think of it, Eonar championed the cause of protecting Azeorth, believing she was key to fighting the Void Lords.

And she now dwells on the world Elunaria? There are a lot of links between all these themes, with Freya kind of at the center.

I'm just spitballing here, though.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-18 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Nah, she's not Yoggy.

Remember: Death is an entirely different entity than the Void Lords, the Light, etc. The Void Lords are on a "we're cool, but not that cool" agreement with Death. Now that Elune has shrugged at the Night Elves and their "deaths", Elune (the Light) and Death have a tacit agreement. That puts the Void Lords on notice.

Thus, you have the avatar of Death (Sylvanas) and the avatar of Elune (Tyrande). The avatar, if you will, of the Void Lords is N'zoth and we're about to do the Electric Slide on N'Zoth. Makes it pretty clear.

Oh, and totally Wrathion gets rekt.
    What do you mean, Wrathion gets rekt? We have 8,3 datamined stuff where we know we will free him from his corruption and he will guide as in the Raid against Nzoth.
    Or do you mean he will still die at the end of this xpac?

And also, not sure if you are a legit guy or just having your fun, but since you anyway said some stuff about Sylvanas and all.
    If she dies, will it be in the next xpac? Will she sacrifice herself or will she die as a Villain? If you cant or wont answer that, just give me anything about Sylvanas

It's funny though because some characters make statements like "We are not like the Legion, we cannot afford to absorb countless losses and simply return from the twisting nether" yet that is effectively exactly what the player does ;-)

I'm going to say something crazy, but I can see Blizzard pulling out some twist where it's actually Arthas as the new Death God. Just so they can sell boxes as Wrath 2.0 without him just being the Lich King again.

It worked for Legion and Illidan, after all.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

nah, Void Lords, Entity of Death, and dragons bruh.

- - - Updated - - -

Lemme introduce you to my friend, vodka. He can be your friend too when you cry and are sad.
    Of all the class possibilities, Tinker is the one I'm least excited about. Gonna be pissed if they are also limited to the short races.

....keep going. You're almost there
    Is it the thing that supposedly happened at the end of Legion when Xal'atath was brought into the Seat of the Pantheon? The "great victory" the Void accomplished behind the scenes at that moment? Was Eonar corrupted, and her knowledge is how N'zoth is now manifesting Ny'alotha?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Well shit if it is Tinker I aint buying... fuck that shit it's garbage.
    I would agree, but then I'd have to purchase the shit expansion anyway when (or if) a good one comes out again along with the newest ones.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Would also explain Calia, come to think of it.

Oh. Freya (or some aspect of her) created both the Dream and the Shadowlands (or some aspect of it). Two sides of one coin. Life and death being cyclical... That should have been obvious in retrospect.

Makes sense. She's based on the Norse goddess who loves nature but also oversees the afterlife, who chooses half of all the slain delivered to Valhalla. Odin's wife, but doesn't command the valkyries; they are servants of Odin, and thus together they account for judging all the dead.

Freya also has some connection to Yogg "God of Death" Sarron, and the Lich King by proximity. Icecrown is right next to Sholazar...

And she bestowed the Aspects with their powers. Dragon Isles link. Even potentially a Bolvar link via the Lifebinder.

"The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green."

But would she be "Death," or just a local servant? Surely it extends beyond the scope of Titans and Titan Constructs, as even they die...

Maybe I'm just talking out my ass.
    Ehhh, you took the wrong fork in the road lol

Leave the Pantheon and Yoggy out of it. What do you have left? Who's "chillin" and has a direct link to death/undeath? Who does this entity have a huge beef with that isn't imprisoned/insane?

And no, Freya (and by proxy Eonar) isn't Death. Death cannot physically manifest in our dimension, per se. But, much like Sargeras, there can be an avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Is it the thing that supposedly happened at the end of Legion when Xal'atath was brought into the Seat of the Pantheon? The "great victory" the Void accomplished behind the scenes at that moment? Was Eonar corrupted, and her knowledge is how N'zoth is now manifesting Ny'alotha?
    Exactly the right question that I cannot answer because of *ahem*. You're on the right track.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    What do you mean, Wrathion gets rekt? We have 8,3 datamined stuff where we know we will free him from his corruption and he will guide as in the Raid against Nzoth.
    Or do you mean he will still die at the end of this xpac?

And also, not sure if you are a legit guy or just having your fun, but since you anyway said some stuff about Sylvanas and all.
    If she dies, will it be in the next xpac? Will she sacrifice herself or will she die as a Villain? If you cant or wont answer that, just give me anything about Sylvanas
    Wrathion is not as benevolent as he lets on. He has a soft spot for Anduin (The Light) but his entire motivation is for himself.

Sylvanas, well...I will say this. You saw Mak'gora. She Supermanned her way outta there. She will not be unselfish and sacrifice herself. There is no secret behind-the-scene plan she has like Illidan did for the Legion. She's batshit insane and drunk on power. But... What do we say to the God of Death? not today

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    nah, Void Lords, Entity of Death, and dragons bruh.
    And Taelia starring as the damsel in distress Anduin must save, in a counterpoint to Aggra saving Thrall in Cataclysm.

Leave the Pantheon and Yoggy out of it. What do you have left? Who's "chillin" and has a direct link to death/undeath? Who does this entity have a huge beef with that isn't imprisoned/insane?

And no, Freya (and by proxy Eonar) isn't Death. Death cannot physically manifest in our dimension, per se. But, much like Sargeras, there can be an avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly the right question that I cannot answer because of *ahem*. You're on the right track.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrathion is not as benevolent as he lets on. He has a soft spot for Anduin (The Light) but his entire motivation is for himself.

Sylvanas, well...I will say this. You saw Mak'gora. She Supermanned her way outta there. She will not be unselfish and sacrifice herself. There is no secret behind-the-scene plan she has like Illidan did for the Legion. She's batshit insane and drunk on power. But... What do we say to the God of Death? not today
    So what about allied races? Will they be continued and do those of us who want dark rangers get anything in the way of fulfillment? Undead elves? I just need hope that they'll be something for me in the future after the hit from BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the main issue here is that death is being seen as all bad but it’s part of the natural cycle of life.

The main enemy of life is UNDEATH they hate life. Kill it and turn it into more undead.

Natural Death has no reason to hate life since everything dies eventually. All death has to do is be patient.

I think it’s going to be Death vs Undeath.

Death would hate Undeath since it prevents souls from passing on.

You might have a point. Bwonsamdi is the Loa of the Death and he hates the undead for that very reason. However, with Sylvanas being death's avatar I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to make death something jet black and all ending.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So... there wont be any "redemtion" for her? Like literally not even making her an necessary power to fight maybe some future void lords ? So blizz would just kill her off as an Villain? man that would be a punch in the face for her fanbase...

Quote Originally Posted by Loserchampion View Post
    So what about allied races? Will they be continued and do those of us who want dark rangers get anything in the way of fulfillment? Undead elves? I just need hope that they'll be something for me in the future after the hit from BFA.
    Allied races are the new "It" thing. New classes are going to become the same way that way the class isn't tied to the expansion's narrative. That's....down the road a bit though

- - - Updated - - -

So... there wont be any "redemtion" for her? Like literally not even making her an necessary power to fight maybe some future void lords ? So blizz would just kill her off as an Villain? man that would be a punch in the face for her fanbase...
    Sylvanas has had her time in the limelight. Her arc has lasted almost as long as Thrall's, if not longer.

Allied races are the new "It" thing.
    What do you mean by that? New allied races are coming and classes aren't?
    Thought you had said Tinkers and Necromancers were probably coming

Allied races are the new "It" thing. New classes are going to become the same way that way the class isn't tied to the expansion's narrative. That's....down the road a bit though

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas has had her time in the limelight. Her arc has lasted almost as long as Thrall's, if not longer.
    I dont know man. Im not sure if I can believe you that they will just kill her off that simple. I think the possibility that she dies next expac is very high, but just straight in a Villain way? Dunno.

Also, here's a little game. pic one of those.
    Note: 1 of those answers would reveal that you are making all this here up and trollin us

Sylvanas will die next xpac:
    a) during a Raid as a Boss, with an end cinematic after defeating her
    b) during a Quest + Cinematic, like Garrosh as an example.
    c) she will die but offscreen, like Cairne did (in a book/novel)

I dont know man. Im not sure if I can believe you that they will just kill her off that simple. I think the possibility that she dies next expac is very high, but just straight in a Villain way? Dunno.
    They wouldn't just kill her off that simple. We've been following sylvanas road to madness since wc3. I think thats enough buildup.
    Metzen once said that he thinks the only character that he wouldn't bring back because there is no redemption possible was arthas. Considering the things sylvanas did there shouldn't be one either.

Also, here's a little game. pic one of those.
    Note: 1 of those answers would reveal that you are making all this here up and trollin us

Sylvanas will die next xpac:
    a) during a Raid as a Boss, with an end cinematic after defeating her
    b) during a Quest + Cinematic, like Garrosh as an example.
    c) she will die but offscreen, like Cairne did (in a book/novel)
    He didn't say she would die.

He said her time in the limelight is done.

Kinda like how Thrall's time in the limelight was done so they just shuffled him off to Draenor, out of the story. They don't have to kill Sylvanas to write her out of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    He didn't say she would die.

He said her time in the limelight is done.

Kinda like how Thrall's time in the limelight was done so they just shuffled him off to Draenor, out of the story. They don't have to kill Sylvanas to write her out of the story.
    Bing, yahtzee, winner winner, chicken dinner.

All of her transgressions (past, present, future) will "haunt" her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't really belive him on this one. Pretty skeptical overall.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-10-19 at 01:30 AM.