Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Investigation does not = account action. You are being so dishonest it hurts to read.

Off the wow wiki (more reliable than "my mate totally recons" but obviously not a blue)

"Corpse camping refers to the process of a player camping specifically next to the enemy's corpse (or, less often, by the closest graveyard) with the purpose of continuously killing that enemy as soon as their resurrection takes place. The term is most commonly used in reference to PvP server practices of one player stalking another (either by using stealth or other means) and killing them upon resurrecting, for extra honor points or other purpose. Although this is frustrating to the camped player, this is not considered griefing by Blizzard and is not subject to punishment by Game Masters. "

From Blizzard themselves:

All players can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level
    I linked a direct quote from Blizzard, there is no dishonesty in that. You're the one using fansites like wowwiki to make an argument lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I linked a direct quote from Blizzard, there is no dishonesty in that. You're the one using fansites like wowwiki to make an argument lol.
    I linked a direct quote from Blizzard, there is no dishonesty in that. You're the one using a comment about possibly investigating individual situations as proof they have taken action against accounts for corpse camping, which directly contradicts their public stance. LOL

aslong the ganking person enjoys and the other is too dumb to change location its obviously not enough

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Im pretty sure excessive corpse camping is considered griefing under the rules regardless of whether you are on a PvP server or not, ESPECIALLY if you are corpse camping a low level player, someone who cant fight back, and as far as I know under those terms you can and will be punished, but yeah it does have to be extensive.

I dont know why you would do it though, its no different from bully behaviour, ruining other players experience for absolutely nothing other than causing the suffering/unhappiness of another person. Like others have said, people who do that are just dickheads.

Theres only 1 exception. If someone is doing it to you, lets say some level 60 is killing your lvl 40 over and over and over, and you log onto your 120 and do it, be my guest lol, I couldnt care if I camped them for 1 freaking month straight.
    Blizzard say this :

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping

Blizzard say this :

Corpse camping
    And corpse camping is one or 2 guys camping another players for maybe what 1 hour?
    Griefing is one players or more or a guild camping a player for an extensive time then following him in another area and doing it there etc...

Do you see the difference? It is not the same level, and it is exactly what it is written in both the blue quotes that have been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And corpse camping is one or 2 guys camping another players for maybe what 1 hour?
    Griefing is one players or more or a guild camping a player for an extensive time then following him in another area and doing it there etc...

Do you see the difference? It is not the same level, and it is exactly what it is written in both the blue quotes that have been posted.
    No, the said that they might investigate - a quick google search will bring up results - they investigate, and absolutely take actions against some of those accounts...........for things OTHER than pvp / corpse camping - its the other shit - the harassment, the messaging, etc etc.

Blizzard never communicates about the sanctions they take, and someone who got punished for that won't placate it everywhere on the web.

Blizzard never communicates about the sanctions they take, and someone who got punished for that won't placate it everywhere on the web.
    Well actually, yes, they do.

The communicate about ban waves which again are not the same level than punishing one single player or several players for griefing.

The communicate about ban waves which again are not the same level than punishing one single player or several players for griefing.
    They also communicate about specifics. Including the one linked in this thread.

And, when action is taken against your acc, the reason is stated clearly. If it's for a chat related offence, they even link the chat.

The blue post says "days" and they will investigate. That could be harassment and completely different than what you've described.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    The blue post says "days" and they will investigate. That could be harassment and completely different than what you've described.
    Yes, it could. Companies will never be precised about sanctions and actions against harassers.

You are not proving me wrong
    Were you able to figure that out from the part where I said I don't have to prove you wrong and mentioned I didn't care to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But you are using hyperbole to make that point. The difference between a 90\10 and 99\1 is huge. For every 1 alliance there are 9 horde on a horde favoured 90\10 server. For every 1 alliance there are 99 horde on a horde favoured 99\1 server. Is there a server that actually has this? A source would be nice.
    I already mentioned it. Mal'Ganis was one. This was back during the original PVP rules. I don't have a source for it and I don't care to prove it to you because it wouldn't change anything. I know Mal'Ganis was 99/1 Horde. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, it doesn't matter to me if you believe that.

*Even if Mal'Ganis was only 90/10 horde, it still makes my point, which is why I don't care to prove whether I'm right or wrong about the 99/1.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2019-10-19 at 01:05 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

That is why a whole guild camping someone for hours is called "harassment" or griefing.

Simple as that.
    No it isn't. Stop spreading misinformation. A whole guild can camp you all day, all week long.

But... no guild ever does that. It's one of those extreme things someone says that never happens.

No, in this anology its a beginner martial artist willingly entering into a competition with no rules where he knows full well he may go up against a black belt. And then crying like a little bitch when the black belt kicks their ass "that's not fair!!!".

Turns up to martial arts tourny. Two competitions - two different sign up sheets. One says you will be evenly matched against a similar fighter, and you must agree to the bout before beginning. The other is a free for all tourny with no rules, and zero matchmaking. You can attack anyone at any time.

You can't sign up for the free for all then complain that it isn't "fair" when a more suitable alternative exists.
    It may be with in the rules but to say that stomping some lowbie and corpse camping them is fair? Have some integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Were you able to figure that out from the part where I said I don't have to prove you wrong and mentioned I didn't care to?

- - - Updated - - -

I already mentioned it. Mal'Ganis was one. This was back during the original PVP rules. I don't have a source for it and I don't care to prove it to you because it wouldn't change anything. I know Mal'Ganis was 99/1 Horde. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, it doesn't matter to me if you believe that.

*Even if Mal'Ganis was only 90/10 horde, it still makes my point, which is why I don't care to prove whether I'm right or wrong about the 99/1.
    I know it was 99/1. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it was 90/10. But it was deff 99/1. But probably 90/10. But I don't care. But it was deff 99/1 - I remember it deff being 99/1. Or 90/10. Whatever, who cares.

Whoa, that was a rollercoaster of backtracking and dodging, sidestepping and avoidance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Yes, but that dosent address griefing, which is in its own category and applies to all servers, those two things are seperate, im pretty sure that if you are going out daily to just ruin one players experience, regardless of a pvp server or not, you will be warned by a GM to leave them alone for a while, but who knows!

The rules dont specifically state what would happen in that case, maybe you can, I always thought you couldnt xP

Maybe someone should open a screenshot and give them a worst case griefing corpse camping a low level for days on end scenario and ask them if thats against the rules and post a screenshot here xP
    They do - VERY clearly - Corpse camping is never actionable by a GM. They state that extremely clearly.

I know it was 99/1. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it was 90/10. But it was deff 99/1. But probably 90/10. But I don't care. But it was deff 99/1 - I remember it deff being 99/1. Or 90/10. Whatever, who cares.

Whoa, that was a rollercoaster of backtracking and dodging, sidestepping and avoidance.

- - - Updated - - -

They do - VERY clearly - Corpse camping is never actionable by a GM. They state that extremely clearly.
    And again, corpse camping is not griefing. Stalking a player over several areas to kill him again and again is not corpse camping. It is griefing.

And again, corpse camping is not griefing. Stalking a player over several areas to kill him again and again is not corpse camping. It is griefing.
    NO. Griefing is a very specific term when it comes to Blizzard.

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.
    The MVP term here is unreasonable. To constitute griefing or harassment in Blizard's view, the activity or behavior in question has to be unreasonable.

Which clearly allows conduct intended to undermine or disrupt the game experiences of others, as long as it's not unreasonable.
    What constitutes unreasonable is up to Blizzard, and they leave it vague on purpose.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184 -- which was updated 9 hours ago as of my posting.

- Corpse camping.
    - Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    - Killing players well below your level.

Which means, that those actions are never considered unreasonable.

The situation you outline here, isn't even close to unreasonable.

Furthermore, https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...650621#post-12

No, the comment was perfectly valid however, the important part of what was said on the EU forums would be "day after day, over a long period of time".

If someone is specifically targeting a player over a long period of time, we may look into the matter and it is possible that we would take action based on the situation. In most situations though, where a PvP solution does exist, we generally do not become involved.

If it has been going on for days though, feel free to submit a ticket and a Game Master can take a look.
    Bolded the important bits for you.

Over a long period of time, could be considered unreasonable, and they will look into it.

Thats a very large difference to the picture you are trying to paint.

World of Warcraft Classic
    If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat in Classic, select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. PvE realms offer a limited and structured environment for PvP encounters. Players on PvE realms can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat by enabling or disabling their PvP flag at will.
    This is good advice. Because where a PvP solution does exist, it's pretty much fair game to let slip the dogs of war.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-19 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    NO. Griefing is a very specific term when it comes to Blizzard.

The MVP term here is unreasonable. To constitute griefing or harassment in Blizard's view, the activity or behavior in question has to be unreasonable.

Which clearly allows conduct intended to undermine or disrupt the game experiences of others, as long as it's not unreasonable.
    What constitutes unreasonable is up to Blizzard, and they leave it vague on purpose.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184 -- which was updated 9 hours ago as of my posting.

- Corpse camping.
    - Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    - Killing players well below your level.

Which means, that those actions are never considered unreasonable.

The situation you outline here, isn't even close to unreasonable.

Furthermore, https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...650621#post-12

Bolded the important bits for you.

Over a long period of time, could be considered unreasonable, and they will look into it.

Thats a very large difference to the picture you are trying to paint.

This is good advice. Because where a PvP solution does exist, it's pretty much fair game to let slip the dogs of war.
    Sorry for no snip, on phone. I think this is everything I have been saying, put together in one very well formed post.

If people used any other word - frustrating, annoying, childish, anything other than griefing, it would be fine. But in this context, griefing is a very specific word with very specific meanings. People are doing mental gymnastics over something very clearly outlined by blizzard. Their deff of what IS griefing is quite vague, so they have added a few examples of things that are never griefing, and corpse camping / killing lowbies is mentioned specifically for a reason.

And so corpse camp someone for a long period of time, it is not corpse camping anymore, it becomes griefing. Thx for proving my point.