Warrior Whirlwind Axe Cyclonian quest question

I'm afraid to complete the quest that will summon the cyclonian (giving the mats), will I have to gather the materials from the start if I fail killing him?

Think it just fails and you can re-summon him. IIRC, the mats complete the quest so you get the new quest to kill Cyclonian. That kill quest can be abandoned and redone if needed. I was fortunate enough to have help in doing it rather early so I can't answer from experience but I do recall the kill quest being after the mats turn in.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Think it just fails and you can re-summon him. IIRC, the mats complete the quest so you get the new quest to kill Cyclonian. That kill quest can be abandoned and redone if needed. I was fortunate enough to have help in doing it rather early so I can't answer from experience but I do recall the kill quest being after the mats turn in.
    This is correct. If you fail the quest, you can just abandon it and pick it up from the NPC again. No need to re-gather the mats. I think that would be too brutal, even by Classic WoW's standards. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    This is correct. If you fail the quest, you can just abandon it and pick it up from the NPC again. No need to re-gather the mats. I think that would be too brutal, even by Classic WoW's standards. :P
    Well if you fail to extract a heart of that-one-gorilla-in-stv you have to gather mats again
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to collect the mats again.
    If in doubt check wowhead comments for quests -- 9/10 times you'll find the answer you seek. I actually commented myself on one of those cyclonian quests answering your very question.

By the way, I would urge considering the sword if you're a human. Sword spec is SO underrated, and since the attack speed normalisation is in classic, the axe's higher damage doesn't make a huge difference when compared to the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    By the way, I would urge considering the sword if you're a human. Sword spec is SO underrated, and since the attack speed normalisation is in classic, the axe's higher damage doesn't make a huge difference when compared to the sword.
    If going fury, sure. Flat damage from the weapon is just better for arms due to Sweeping strikes and MS scaling. EDIT: And Overpower.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-10-19 at 05:38 AM.

Sword is clearly garbage, but I'm not convinced the Mace isn't the best for humans. There's not a huge difference in the top end damage, and if you ever find yourself fighting a mob a level above it's gonna pay out. But if you're just grinding out mobs equal or lower I guess the weapon skill won't factor in much.

But hey I don't play arms so probably forgetting something.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-10-19 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well if you fail to extract a heart of that-one-gorilla-in-stv you have to gather mats again
    I'm drawing a blank on remembering that quest, but maybe I just never did it.

I can say it would absolutely suck if you had to re-gather all the mats for Cyclonian. That's 30 troll tusks from various trolls in STV (and not a good drop rate, at that), and 8 each of 3 different types of those charms from Arathi Highlands elementals. You can just buy the charms off the AH, but that gets expensive, especially when you're in your 30's and saving for a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sword is clearly garbage, but I'm not convinced the Mace isn't the best for humans. There's not a huge difference in the top end damage, and if you ever find yourself fighting a mob a level above it's gonna pay out. But if you're just grinding out mobs equal or lower I guess the weapon skill won't factor in much.

But hey I don't play arms so probably forgetting something.
    Not sure why sword would be that bad for fury. You only lose out on WW damage but the attack speed you get from crits should work out well for slow and fast 2h.

For arms, the core abilities rely on the weapon's damage. Faster weapon's with same dps will result in weaker SStrikes, Overpower
    and MS.