Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    how pathetic do u have to be to make a thread like this? If u dont wanna play tbc then dont...but dont compare an en tire expansion to timewalking that u can do with gear that was never available in tbc

Nice troll. I rate you 6 panderens out of 12 tortollans

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.

Bland and boring Outland leveling that can be finished in a week.

Faction imbalance issues that were prevalent when Blood Elves joined the Horde.

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

TBC sort of ruined Warcraft lore. It was destroyed in The Burning Crusade.

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.

Remeber how grindy the attunements were just to do a raid.

Uncreative TBC dungeons. Wings and hallways full of copy paste.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.

Gear vendors. A RPG where you buy all your gear off of a merchant in town.

Daily quests inflating the economy. Repetitive and timegated.

Remember how everyone on both factions flew in circles around Shattrah all day.

Remember how awful and boring Shattrah was as a capital city.

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.

I just don't see the appeal for TBC. Nostalgia is a real thing you know.

its 10 lvls lol,what do you want?60-70 to feel like 1-60?

what faction imbalance because of blood elfs?what does that even mean?

the racial's always swing,humans were op in classic for some specs,dwarfs etc

I feel like lore is subjective preference,also what lore did classic have?

being stuck on 7 continents?wow,as oposed to being stuck on 2-3 in every other 10 level ranges?

flying mounts didnt kill world pvp,battlegrounds did in vanila

yep i remember attunments! cant wait to do it again!

yeah,most tbc dugeons felt small,i guess they wanted to abandon the concept of 5 mans being bigger than raids or something,but the added challenge of hc makes up for it time wise

arena imbalance...hmm isnt this a main complaint people have about retail?that everything is the same?and have acces to stuns heals cd's etc?odd

specs werent unviable because of resilience,they were unviable because of class design,personaly i liked resilience in the tbc/wotlk era,you still had plenty room to add pve gear to your setup

gear vendors?i literaly dont understand how this is an issue,people complain today that we dont have them anymore,is this a troll post?how else you wanna get gear from pvp??loot dead players?lol

dailies serve a good purpose of keeping zones filled

shatt is proly a personal opinion but i for one think it was the best city they made,it being cross faction kinda sucked,but the aldor and scryer thing was nice

1 year black temple....uhm,many people in vanila only ran mc for their entire raiding experience,also hf runing naxx forever

the apeal for tbc is VERY high,for some of us tbc strikes the perfect balance between classic and retail,it keeps most of what makes vanila good,but it also adds actual decent pve content

Have you ever thought about bringing back some of the old expansions.

You think you do, but you don't.

TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. I agree with J. Allen Brack. His reply was about the expansions, not Vanilla specifically. He literally said TBC and he is right.
    If you think TBC is the same as playing in Outland in retail, you are a very shallow person.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    LOL, I am waiting to hear what your definition of a grind is then if you think that the ony attunement (which is a series of unique quests) is a grind.
    I mean, then how are TBC attunements different?

none of them are "grinds" ? they're all long quest chains, just like onyxia.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Onyxia attunement isn’t a grind. It’s a long questline.

Nothing like mop which was “do these same 4 dailies every day... hey, you’re honored! Good news, now you can do 8 dailies!”
    literally noone was talking about mop though?

we're talking about TBC....

every attunement is a quest chain there.

TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.
    Right then and there you should've just stopped and shut the fuck up. TBC has nothing in common with retail. TBC was an improved version of Vanilla.

There is a reason Classic private servers are so much more popular than TBC private servers. There has never been a very successful TBC private server. They become unstable quickly. It is obvious why. The arena is imbalanced and raid logging is the norm. There is little to do in Outland and you can fly over the entire continent in a few minutes.

There are many reasons why Cataclysm is the best expansion. It introduced Transmog, perhaps the most popular system ever added to the game. I hate WoD and I hate BFA. They are terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Right then and there you should've just stopped and shut the fuck up. TBC has nothing in common with retail. TBC was an improved version of Vanilla.
    Really? Nothing in common with retail?

TBC was the beginning of retail. It turns WoW into a bunch of minigames with dailies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    It only took like 3 days for the first player to reach 60 in Classic (Jokerboy or whatever his name was), and MC was cleared within a week.

Also flying mounts didn't kill shit. Maybe my server just had an unusually high amount of world PvP activity compared to yours, but I actually saw more of that in BC and Wrath than I did in Classic. I don't remember world PvP slowing down heavily until Cataclysm.
    There is 0 reward for World PvP in TBC. Literally nothing. Arena is all that matters for rewards. Flying over the zones = Avoiding other players. It's not hard to understand. Maybe idiotic comments like there being more World PvP in Wrath than Classic WoW is futile. Then you randomly blame Cataclysm... It is all Cataclysm's fault that WoW went donwhill.. eventhough TBC is where Blizzard drastically changed the game by shrinking the world and splitting the playerbase. See BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. so could vanilla, i got to 60 just over a week after and i didnt hardcore as others
    I just have to point out that this is a very skewed view of "not hardcore". This means you played 6-10 hours at least every day during those days, if not more.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2019-10-19 at 09:03 AM.

Anyone comparing timewalking with actual old expansion content is a fucking moron.

You don't have to like it, retail is right there waiting for you. Let us who want actual MMORPGs play just that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Because Classic isn't basically log in for raiding like 1 week after getting to 60.
    It does take longer but you do get there at some point. I login to the game 2 hours per week to clear MC and Onyxia, there's nothing else to do in the game until we get more raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You’d think after begging for Classic going on 15 years that those same people would be more accepting of people’s desires for TBC servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    I just have to point out that this is a very skewed view of "not hardcore". This means you played 6-10 hours at least every day during those days, if not more.
    "Outland leveling that can be finished in a week."
    didnt say "Outland leveling for casuals is only like a week"

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC endgame was able to keep me entertained and I wasn't even a freakin' raider for most of it. The charm with TBC is that classic content, minus the raids, were still relevant. You just get one cool extra contintent with well-made dungeons and raids on it. As well as some fleshed out questing areas on the old continents (Dustwallow for example).

There are many reasons why Cataclysm is the best expansion.

TBC was the beginning of retail. It turns WoW into a bunch of minigames with dailies.

There is 0 reward for World PvP in TBC. Literally nothing. Arena is all that matters for rewards. Flying over the zones = Avoiding other players. It's not hard to understand. Maybe idiotic comments like there being more World PvP in Wrath than Classic WoW is futile. Then you randomly blame Cataclysm... It is all Cataclysm's fault that WoW went donwhill.. eventhough TBC is where Blizzard drastically changed the game by shrinking the world and splitting the playerbase. See BFA.
    lol, no. cata was utter trash from start to finish.
    the content was dumb but hard to start, that lasted all of a week until the whiny bitches that relied on wrath heroic """difficulty""" to clear heroics bitched about the BC heroic difficulty of the cata heroics, where they required CC to progress and had dangerous mechanics.

again, more bullshit, BC still had the launch model of grind-able reputations without a time-gated cap, that began in wrath ToGC patch and was mandated in you guessed it, casualclysm.

yeah, because it IS cataclysm's fault as it was the first expac to ONLY lose subscriptions, but then again every expac other the BC, wrath, and MoP also did that.
    it's not random, because we have reasons to cite and the entire history of WoW's subscription numbers to prove the hypothesis.
    cata is when retail began, it's where catch-up were standardized, where everyone had a mandatory time-gated rep farm, it's the first expac to actually reduce the number of abilities in the game overall, it was the first to install LFR which only added to the Ilvl inflation problem.

cata's changes to the game are STILL what's hurting it in BFA, current political fuck-up not-included.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You’d think after begging for Classic going on 15 years that those same people would be more accepting of people’s desires for TBC servers.
    Pokemon has them to, we call them "gen-wunners".
    the dictionaries call them "luddites".

OP: you can repeat the same shit over and over like its facts, it doesn't make it true.... whatever you think, there is a crowd of people who would love to play BC again.

What is wrong with those people who try to force their vision of things to everyone???

You like it then play it. You dont like it then don't fucking play it !!! Wtf are you trying to do with that thread ? To make sure TBC classic never happen? You can ignore it and let others have their fun. Doesn't cost you anything... maybe just a knot in your brain.
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2019-10-19 at 10:24 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    There is 0 reward for World PvP in TBC. Literally nothing. Arena is all that matters for rewards. Flying over the zones = Avoiding other players. It's not hard to understand. Maybe idiotic comments like there being more World PvP in Wrath than Classic WoW is futile.
    If you didn't see any world PvP in BC or Wrath, you were either on a very low population server, or you were too busy whining about flying mounts to actually look for it.

Don't see the need for a TBC server too, for like the same reasons than the OP, but whatever floats the boats of everyone.

I never liked the TBC hated the zones felt ugly except nagrand. Dungeons were good had not much experience in raids except kara zul aman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can say the same about WotLK. But that's because I played it fully, from start to end. Definitely wouldn't resubscribe for WotLK reprint.

I did not experience TBC though. And I'd like to play it as well. May be it's not as good. I'm OK with that. I'm sure that it's still a great game. And don't tell me about timewalking, it's shit. I want to experience gameplay. With old specs, with hard heroics.

TBC was much MUCH better than vanilla in pretty much every way. World pvp is a joke, it sucked in vanilla and if anything turned people off from pvp. BGs were better in TBC, the two new ones were great and moving away from 6 hour AV aoe-fests was a positive move. Arena in TBC was a huge success and dwarfed even raiding in popularity. In fact during TBC the arena tournaments at MLG would get more unique viewers than the mythic invitationals in legion/BFA did, and that was before twitch.

TBC had tons more content, what sucks about vanilla is that there is NOTHING to do unless you have a tank around.