Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Diablo MMORPG: World of Sanctuary, revealed at Blizzcon?

I'm 99.99% against a new WoW expansion. I'm tired of going through the same old games...

I want Warcraft 4 (Warcraft 3 Remastered gets me excited for that idea..

I want Diablo MMO

That wont happen. MMO's time is about over.

At best something like monster hunter, but not a full scale mmo like wow.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post

WoW Classic: Hold my beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post

Mmos time isn't over, what's over is bad mmos as classic is proving. Good mmos get played and praised.

Stop regurgitating stupidity

I'd give it a shot as long as it's in the design of old school, difficult MMOs and not theme park lootfests like modern WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    I'd give it a shot as long as it's in the design of old school, difficult MMOs and not theme park lootfests like modern WoW.
    lmao... you are talking about DIABLO dude. anything but a lootfest would suck

How would a lootfest game work in an MMO setting ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    An ARPG with strong lobby elements and an open world would play quite similarly to an MMO and is only a small evolution from what D3 was.
    No thx, I want a mmorpg like wow...as for diablo playstyle, I hope they do a remaster of diablo 1 & 2, like they do with warcraft 3...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    How would a lootfest game work in an MMO setting ?
    U kill mobs, mobs drop stuff, you loot stuff, you now have stuff.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm 99.99% against a new WoW expansion. I'm tired of going through the same old games...
    I think millions buying new WoW expac every two years disagree with you. Also people that want Diablo 4.

What new, original, different, interesting could they put into that game so it wouldn't turn into a reskinned WoW?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think millions buying new WoW expac every two years disagree with you. Also people that want Diablo 4.
    Well, I wanted Warcraft 4 after Warcraft 3, but I'm glad WoW happened...I think a Diablo mmo would be immensely popular

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Mmos time isn't over, what's over is bad mmos as classic is proving. Good mmos get played and praised.

Stop regurgitating stupidity
    MMORPGs on the scale and caliber of WoW are done. No one is going to invest $500 million into an MMORPG game these days. The ROI is just not there, especially when there are just as lucrative, if not more, game genres developers can pursue that have much lower investment costs. That $500 million is what has been estimated to be needed to develop another game with the polish of WoW.

You will not see another MMORPG on the scale of WoW any time soon. There is still hope, however. Someday, someone will develop a top-notch VR-MMORPG. The immersion alone would make it a success.

Even Blizzard came to realize all this, hence why they scrapped the Titan Project, and wrote off over $50 million in losses.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What new, original, different, interesting could they put into that game so it wouldn't turn into a reskinned WoW?
    Well, they could add the zone where the Monks are from for one, and a fleshed out continent in the scope only a mmo can provide, immersion was not as strong in warcraft 3...though i loved that game, they are very limited what they can bring..

Also, a new continent would be nice, for expansion the realm of hell, or heaven, or both

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Well, they could add the zone where the Monks are from for one, and a fleshed out continent in the scope only a mmo can provide, immersion was not as strong in warcraft 3...though i loved that game, they are very limited what they can bring..

Also, a new continent would be nice, for expansion the realm of hell, or heaven, or both
    How would a new zone or continent not make it just a reskinned WoW?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure, I'm open for anything Diablo at this moment lol. Blizzard has fucked us long enough and there is no real competition (no sorry, PoE is trash, Grim Dawn is better than PoE but lacks the combat refinement Diablo 3 has).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    How would a new zone or continent not make it just a reskinned WoW?
    You seem to think all mmorpgs are wow? I would like a dark crueler version than wow...demons galore..

It would ofc have a new graphics engine, not one created in 2003 like wow. WoW is just not immersible anymore..

15+ Year Old Account
    But what they did for Project Titan became Overwatch. How much one was like the other we don’t know but that write off and experience went into another title.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Back in 2002 etc I hoped the soon to be announced MMO would be World of Diablo....so I am all up for that.

"I'm 99.99% against a new WoW expansion. I'm tired of going through the same old games..." is just however no argument at all. Fine..you are against it. Then don't play it. It is not like there isn't a market with thousands of games to chose from that suit you more.

Hey, I am 100% against baseball, because I find it boring as f*** - yet nobody will consider abolishing it because of that ^^
    No, it would be like baseball with the same season, for all time...

It's like saying you liked Warcraft 2 n they should have stopped there, n we would never have gotten Warcraft 3...

I would really get into a Diablo MMO, and that would be awesome, but it would be "with" a WoW expansion not instead of one obviously.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I would really get into a Diablo MMO, and that would be awesome, but it would be "with" a WoW expansion not instead of one obviously.
    Hmmm...to create a diablo mmo would take years, so new wow expansion, at least one more, is probable i suppose that makes sense

Or they have been working on the game for the past two years n we could see a build revealed at Blizzcon, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-10-19 at 12:22 PM.