Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

New Rokhan model speculation

Obviously this is for WC3 but he should be next in line for a new model in WoW so I wonder if it could look something like this. It's freaking badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the new models in WC3: Reforged are really, really badass. Even more so, there seem to be unique models for characters that are lore characters but never appeared in-game in WC3 or WC3: TFT. I wonder if we will be getting expanded story telling for the main campaigns or even added missions/added story for the main campaigns.

Hell, even new campaigns altogether?

Not to get off-topic, because I like Rokhan, but I think some other characters should get unique models before him.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Not to get off-topic, because I like Rokhan, but I think some other characters should get unique models before him.
    Who? Most of the main race leaders are done.

Thrall, Baine, Lor'themar, Gallywix, and Calia all have new models.

Anduin, Tyrande, Genn and Mekkatorque (His mech) all have new models.

Maybe Velen needs a new model but he looks good enough for now.

I think the ones that need models the most right now are Muradin and Rokhan. Both are very old. Like Wrath of the Lich King old.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Who? Most of the main race leaders are done.

Thrall, Baine, Lor'themar, Gallywix, and Calia all have new models.

Anduin, Tyrande, Genn and Mekkatorque (His mech) all have new models.

Maybe Velen needs a new model but he looks good enough for now.

I think the ones that need models the most right now are Muradin and Rokhan. Both are very old. Like Wrath of the Lich King old.
    Gallywix is, however, no longer a leader. He is replaced by Gazlowe, who doesn't have a unique model. Velen got a new model in Legion, so he's fine.
    It's basically just Rokhan, Gazlowe and the two pandaren leaders - perhaps some of the allied race leaders such as Geya'rah or Moira. But yes, thankfully most leaders have a unique model now.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Since he's conformed leader of the Darkspear yes certainly.

Him and Gazlowe while they're at it

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Gallywix is, however, no longer a leader. He is replaced by Gazlowe, who doesn't have a unique model. Velen got a new model in Legion, so he's fine.
    It's basically just Rokhan, Gazlowe and the two pandaren leaders - perhaps some of the allied race leaders such as Geya'rah or Moira. But yes, thankfully most leaders have a unique model now.
    You forgot Muradin/Falstad.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    "Basically just", "most leaders".

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hates troll leaders. Im guessing he'll die in 2 expansions and wont get a cinematic nor a model
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Right. But I wouldn't put Gazlowe, Pandaren or allied races above Rokhan. Darkspear Trolls are one of the OG 4 Horde races. I think Rokhan and the Dwarf leaders need them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Preferably all 3 Dwarves would get new models but I think Muradin is the priority if they can only have one. Muradin leads the Bronzebeard clan which is the main Dwarven clan in WoW. Moira would be great too but I don't think allied races should be taking priority over the OG races.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2019-10-21 at 12:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account

Obviously this is for WC3 but he should be next in line for a new model in WoW so I wonder if it could look something like this. It's freaking badass.
    I mean he is becoming the new Troll leader so yeah why not?
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

But Thalyssra has generic nightborne model. I think she should get some unique piece of clothing like Elisande's crown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Blizzard hates troll leaders. Im guessing he'll die in 2 expansions and wont get a cinematic nor a model
    No! How dare you!? The only race Blizzard hates is night elves which is why they lost Teldrassil.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    But Thalyssra has generic nightborne model. I think she should get some unique piece of clothing like Elisande's crown.

- - - Updated - - -

No! How dare you!? The only race Blizzard hates is night elves which is why they lost Teldrassil.
    Thalysra does have a unique outfit and a unique staff.

5+ Year Old Account
    WCIII:Refoged models look miles better than what we have in WoW. Granted they are smaller as well, so I don't know.

3+ Year Old Account
    My Oh’ my, and he is wielding what seems to be the Twin Blades of Hakkari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Since he's conformed leader of the Darkspear yes certainly.

Him and Gazlowe while they're at it
    To be fair, Rokhan's just making sure the Darkspears have a voice at the table; they're very obviously setting him up to eventually become the next Chieftain down the line, but for now he has no desire to step up and become Chieftain.

Also, I think Rokhan's model in WC3:R is just a slightly-modified Witch Doctor hero unit, like it was back in the original WC3 (telling because both Cairne and Chen had unique models, making Rokhan feel somewhat like a generic fill-in compared to the rest of Rexxar's party).
    @BillTheButcher I recall them mentioning expanding the lore for Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne's campaigns to better-feature characters and factions that were prominent in the Third War in later stories (like the early days of the Scarlet Crusade/the last days of the Lordaeron branches of the Silver Hand) that weren't present in the original campaigns, to make the campaigns fit more in line with the lore as presented in Chronicle. Adding in models for these lore NPCs that weren't originally in WC3 seems to confirm this is still their plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. But I wouldn't put Gazlowe, Pandaren or allied races above Rokhan. Darkspear Trolls are one of the OG 4 Horde races. I think Rokhan and the Dwarf leaders need them the most.
    Ideally, we'd get new models for Rokhan, the Three Hammers, Aysa, and Ji all at the same time.

Also, while we're at it, and sorry for a bit of off-topic, can we finally make Wandering Isle gear transmoggable?!

Preferably all 3 Dwarves would get new models but I think Muradin is the priority if they can only have one. Muradin leads the Bronzebeard clan which is the main Dwarven clan in WoW. Moira would be great too but I don't think allied races should be taking priority over the OG races.
    Moira is the de facto head of the Council, between being the heir-apparent to the throne, the mother of the next direct heir (in a way, the Council are acting as regents until Dagren II comes of age and officially unites the Dark Iron and Bronzebeard clans into one), she is to date still the officially-crowned queen of Ironforge, and of the Council she's currently the most proactive in the Alliance itself. While Muradin is part of the old guard and certainly deserving of a unique model due to his longtime lore importance, if they had to pick only one it would likely be Moira who got the treatment given where she is in dwarf lore at the moment.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Thalysra does have a unique outfit and a unique staff.
    It is generic in Suramar. There are many NPCs with exact same outfit and staff.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Most of the new models in WC3: Reforged are really, really badass.
    Until you see them placed on a the actual maps of the game and it looks like every Unity asset flip on Steam. I don't know what when wrong in the art direction, but it undermines the work of every artist on the team.

As for what could it mean for WoW. Nothing, really. Many major character have had shiny new designs in HotS and kept a 10 year old model in WoW. I don't see why it would be any different with Reforged, which has an artstyle even more detached from WoW than HotS.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It is generic in Suramar. There are many NPCs with exact same outfit and staff.
    Nope, there are some that look similar but none that look the same.

Nope, there are some that look similar but none that look the same.
    There are characters with identical models but different colour scheme.