Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Would be cool, but I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Stop with the bs. Nothing here is theory. Ask any game developer, and they will tell you it would be stupid as hell right now to invest a half billion dollars into an MMORPG.

If you wish to discuss the points I made, feel free. Otherwise, don't bother with your smarmy replies.
    Your speculation is nothing but regurtitated ideas and your own bias, nothing else. Blizzard gave a very satisfying reason for cancelling Titan but you're bent on your conspiracy theory and that is the truth.

Stop with the bs. Nothing here is theory. Ask any game developer, and they will tell you it would be stupid as hell right now to invest a half billion dollars into an MMORPG.
    You know, they don't have to invest a half-billion into an MMORPG. :P They don't need to compete with WoW, they just need a new audience.

And, as I mentioned above, they probably still have a lot of Titan's assets lying around in retirement post-Destiny announcement.

An Overwatch MMO (Titan) doesn't need to be supermassive. It just needs solid gameplay and (In blizzards' minds) solid marketing.

FYI: I could care less about an O:MMO, just speaking from what I believe a post-gamer driven, now market-driven company would most likely do.

No.

Diablo 4 might be open world but it won't be a MMO.

This would be almost as bad as the Immortal fiasco, people want a D4, not infinite re-imaginings. Not to mention they would never create a game that directly competes with one of their already existing games.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    You know, they don't have to invest a half-billion into an MMORPG. :P They don't need to compete with WoW, they just need a new audience.

And, as I mentioned above, they probably still have a lot of Titan's assets lying around in retirement post-Destiny announcement.

An Overwatch MMO (Titan) doesn't need to be supermassive. It just needs solid gameplay and (In blizzards' minds) solid marketing.

FYI: I could care less about an O:MMO, just speaking from what I believe a post-gamer driven, now market-driven company would most likely do.
    That is what it costs these days to build an MMORPG game on the scale, and with the polish of WoW. There are too many other genres at this time that are far less risky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Your speculation is nothing but regurtitated ideas and your own bias, nothing else. Blizzard gave a very satisfying reason for cancelling Titan but you're bent on your conspiracy theory and that is the truth.
    Yeah, writing off a $50 million loss means nothing. Sorry, but unlike you, I do not blindly take everything Blizzard says at face value. Do you really think Blizzard would come out and say 'we fucked up, and feel like this game is not worth the ROI"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    This would be almost as bad as the Immortal fiasco, people want a D4, not infinite re-imaginings. Not to mention they would never create a game that directly competes with one of their already existing games.
    Blizzard does not care what people like you think about the Diablo mobile game. Anyone that did not see something along those lines coming was simply blind. A company does not invest billions buying a mobile gaming platform/developer, and then not use it.

Id say a starcraft mmo is more likely than a diablo mmo if they were insistent on making another mmo at this point. Too many people want Diablo 4 at this point and the reception of the mobile diablo game probably means they aren't going to take any more risks with the ip until after another "normal" game is released.

Starcraft on the other hand has ended with pretty much all the major threats defeated and peace/a truce. They could either do a time jump or have an an mmo take place on some far distant worlds and not ruin any of the already existing lore.

That is what it costs these days to build an MMORPG game on the scale, and with the polish of WoW. There are too many other genres at this time that are far less risky.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, writing off a $50 million loss means nothing. Sorry, but unlike you, I do not blindly take everything Blizzard says at face value. Do you really think Blizzard would come out and say 'we fucked up, and feel like this game is not worth the ROI"?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard does not care what people like you think about the Diablo mobile game. Anyone that did not see something along those lines coming was simply blind. A company does not invest billions buying a mobile gaming platform/developer, and then not use it.
    Games get cancelled all the time and it isn't because suddenly the genre isn't viable. There are mmos comming out every single year. They're shit though and that's why they're not successful. You're yet again blinded by your own bias. I'm sorry you don't like MMOs but there is certainly a sleeping market for them as Classic WoW is proving.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Games get cancelled all the time and it isn't because suddenly the genre isn't viable. There are mmos comming out every single year. They're shit though and that's why they're not successful. You're yet again blinded by your own bias. I'm sorry you don't like MMOs but there is certainly a sleeping market for them as Classic WoW is proving.
    You are making my point for me.

"There are mmos comming out every single year. They're shit though and that's why they're not successful."

They will be shit when one does not spend the necessary funds. And no, games do not get cancelled "all the time" that have had $50 million already invested into them.

As far as me "not liking MMOS", again stop with the bs. I have had a WoW sub, uninterrupted since 2005.

Considering they have been literally silent about it for an entire year I'd say they do care what people like me think of it. Not to mention they announced it at a convention directly targeted at people like me.

But an MMO is not a Mobile game, MMO Diablo would crash and burn and would use more money than it generates (unless they made it a full eastern p2w MMO). They'd drag players away from their already existing MMO directly competing with themselves which is a stupid idea. Why not just go the safe route and make a proper Diablo game? There is no need to take massive risks that pretty much any analyst would tell you is doomed to failure.

And at the end of the day, daddy Activision would never let them spend money on that.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I sure hope not, I wouldn't play an MMO ever again. I hope they keep it as an ARPG, if they don't there is always PoE.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why Netease has said the game was done back in December and it's still not released, right?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Considering they have been literally silent about it for an entire year I'd say they do care what people like me think of it. Not to mention they announced it at a convention directly targeted at people like me.

But an MMO is not a Mobile game, MMO Diablo would crash and burn and would use more money than it generates (unless they made it a full eastern p2w MMO). They'd drag players away from their already existing MMO directly competing with themselves which is a stupid idea. Why not just go the safe route and make a proper Diablo game? There is no need to take massive risks that pretty much any analyst would tell you is doomed to failure.

And at the end of the day, daddy Activision would never let them spend money on that.
    Unless you live in China, Blizzard doesn't care. The acquisition of King Games, and the recent kow-towing to China by Blizzard proves that they are chasing the massive potential Chinese revenue. They have been getting their ducks in a row for several years, knowing that in the Far East, mobile gaming is king, not pc or console gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I sure hope not, I wouldn't play an MMO ever again. I hope they keep it as an ARPG, if they don't there is always PoE.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why Netease has said the game was done back in December and it's still not released, right?
    Hint: Netease does not decide when a Blizzard game is released. Blizzard does.

That is what it costs these days to build an MMORPG game on the scale, and with the polish of WoW. There are too many other genres at this time that are far less risky..
    Did you not read the part where I wrote "They do not need to compete with WoW."? I agree with you that it costs an unreasonable lot to do the traditional overworld, ect on the current scale that WoW is.

But, the definition of MMO is changing. Hell - most people don't even include "RPG" at the end. People literally think having a hub where people gather and go off to play mini-games is an MMO these days.

Blizz doesn't need to make a new WoW, they can redefine an MMO and make their own game.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Did you not read the part where I wrote "They do not need to compete with WoW."? I agree with you that it costs an unreasonable lot to do the traditional overworld, ect on the current scale that WoW is.

But, the definition of MMO is changing. Hell - most people don't even include "RPG" at the end. People literally think having a hub where people gather and go off to play mini-games is an MMO these days.

Blizz doesn't need to make a new WoW, they can redefine an MMO and make their own game.
    The discussion isnt about shitty little MMOs. There are plenty of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm 99.99% against a new WoW expansion. I'm tired of going through the same old games...

I want Warcraft 4 (Warcraft 3 Remastered gets me excited for that idea..

I want Diablo MMO
    Thank God nobody cares what YOU want.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-10-19 at 08:23 PM.

Unless you live in China, Blizzard doesn't care. The acquisition of King Games, and the recent kow-towing to China by Blizzard proves that they are chasing the massive potential Chinese revenue. They have been getting their ducks in a row for several years, knowing that in the Far East, mobile gaming is king, not pc or console gaming.
    While you're right, you're also wrong insofar that they want ALL markets... that includes the west. It's not a one-or-another thing.

The problem that's arising right now is that Chinese influence in games designed for western audiences. They're still marketed and intended to sell to westerners, they just wanted to get the western market to the same playing field with China - so to speak.

I mean, why the heck do you think they promoted that D:I game (a mobile Whale-bait game) at a PC-Only Western-focused gaming convention? :P

I think there will be another Diablo game... but I DO agree that China will have a major influence on how it is designed. What effect will that be? dunno... but I'm very curious to see how/what that turns out to be (and subsequent debackle/fallout from it)! :P

Look, Blizzard will never create an mmorpg that will serve as a direct competitor to WoW. It’d be a horrible decision.

The discussion isnt about shitty little MMOs. There are plenty of them.
    Yes, yes it is. It's about Blizz making another MMO. You just don't like that fact as I pointed out you're fallacy, which is funny because I'm actually agreeing with you in many ways. :P

Those "Shitty little MMOs" rake in the cash, and that goes along the lines you've been talking about with China. And I'm saying that's more than most likely what kind of MMO Blizz will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Soooo..what was Project Titan supposed to be then? I think it was supposed to be an MMORPG
    That ended up being direct competition for Destiny, which is why Blizz announced they canceled Titan 5 days after Destiny was first announced.

An FPS MMO will not compete for the same audience that a traditional MMORPG like WoW has. They're two distinctly different audiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Look, Blizzard will never create an mmorpg that will serve as a direct competitor to WoW. It’d be a horrible decision.
    Yupyup. The only way a Diablo MMO would happen in a post-gaming-focused, now marketing-statistics-focused Blizzard is if WoW was to suddenly die off to not be any more profitable, or wish to transfer what is left into a newer, fresher, and potentially more profitable (ie. Microtransactions, ect) game.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wouldn't the name rather be "World of Diablocraft"? Or something more badass than "World of Sanctuary"

I mean..a sanctuary is where you cannot attack others...that sounds like a lame-ass title....

- - - Updated - - -

Soooo..what was Project Titan supposed to be then? I think it was supposed to be an MMORPG
    No one knows that Titan was supposed to me an mmorpg. Massive multiplayer sure, but not known as an mmorpg.

It was also in developed when mmorpgs as the WoW format were in its heydays.

Having two games were you need to put in a lot of time wouldn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    That wont happen. MMO's time is about over.

At best something like monster hunter, but not a full scale mmo like wow.
    That can't be further from the truth.

The thing is that developing MMO costs a lot. And if a new company attempts that and it fails to deliver then the company is GG. However, an experienced company with millions of fans like Blizzard can easily do another MMO if they so desire. And the best candidate right now for that is none other than Diablo.