Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I kinda like the fact we don't have a clue what she truly is.

Some things are better left unexplained.

We have to consider a few things.

1. What is the connection between Elune and Naaru? Did Elune create them or they both have the same creator?
    2. What is Elune connection to the Titans? Is she a former world soul or something that affects them?

We have then
    - a Light lord (or redeemed void lord) or its avatar.
    - Light titan (is a same way that Azeroth could become a Void titan)
    - A titan with Light/Void powers

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Getting back to Tolkien lore, it was very strange to the everyone that Eru Iluvatar did not intervene and there was many concerns about it. The Valar entered Arda and were pretty surprised to learn that He would not intervene and left the work to them nor give them guidance. This was a realization by pretty much every intelligent being. The situation seemed to revolve around one of faith in Him. Iluvatar put free will first, which meant people were to give every ounce of effort into defeating evil and then, only when all seemed lost, Iluvatar would step in and tip the scales in favor of good.

For example, anyone who fully understood the quest of the Fellowship of the Ring knew that it was folly because no one, not even a hobbitt, could resist the One Ring's call that close to the source at Mount Doom. Gandalf correctly guessed that the entire point was to try, to give everything to get the ring there, and then trust in Iluvatar. Which is exactly what happened as in the last moment, Iluvatar destroys the One Ring.

If Elune is a WoW version of Iluvatar (as I suspect She is),then Elune does not intervene because She values free will over just stepping in and fixing everything with a snap of a finger. Maybe there is a deeper reason. Perhaps free will is a power that benefits the situation in some way. Maybe she requires free will to generate champions to aid her in the future. But for now, that's as far as it seems to go.
    This is a really cool idea and I could see Blizz borrowing this concept. However I think the concept of one great ruler of the universe quite boring in terms of wow, especially when it's just sat there orbiting us. I too enjoy the mystery of not knowing what elune is...feels like we are going to run out of great mysteries soon at the rate we are burning through them

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    This is a really cool idea and I could see Blizz borrowing this concept. However I think the concept of one great ruler of the universe quite boring in terms of wow, especially when it's just sat there orbiting us. I too enjoy the mystery of not knowing what elune is...feels like we are going to run out of great mysteries soon at the rate we are burning through them
    Well it would be a DC comics universe situation, where you keep adding bigger bads overlaying on top of the current one such as the multiverse, the Source Wall, etc.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Old Gods all look like body parts and tentacles and shit. They're nightmare creatures created by the Void Lords. I doubt something like that could be redeemed.

I thought the 5th Old God was the bastard experiment in Uldir/Underrot, G'huun?

Elune is a high deity, higher than a Naaru, equal to a Void Lord. That's my take on what Chronicles intimated.

Blizzard likes to borrow names from other lore and modify them slightly. For example, Cthun is Cthulu. Thorim is Thor.

Elune is another one of those modified names. Elune = Eru Iluvatar. The fact that they gave this deity THAT name suggests Elune created the entire universe.
    That's a stretch.

Elune is probably based on Selûne, who is the goddess of the moon in the Forgotten Realms setting of D&D (both of which are quite obviously derived from the Latin luna = moon).
    Last edited by Biomega; 2019-10-19 at 01:35 AM.

I doubt Y'shaarj but what if whatever Elune is she's related to whatever the hell Xalatath is?

I don't call this whole theory right. But there is one thing in wow that we know. There is no real gods. Only old gods. If Elune exist and we know she exist.....she is old god.

Not supernatural deity..or supernatural who know what. It's just old god.

Evil? Good? This is another topic but she is one of them for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    I don't call this whole theory right. But there is one thing in wow that we know. There is no real gods. Only old gods. If Elune exist and we know she exist.....she is old god.

Not supernatural deity..or supernatural who know what. It's just old god.

Evil? Good? This is another topic but she is one of them for sure.
    Despite all official mentions of her state referring to her as an actual deity and the sole one at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not a bad idea but I think leaving Elune as a actual god of the universe seems better or something.
    I don't like the idea of making goddess of one race(with most entitled fans, to be honest) the one true god. I think we should stay with Chronicles and its cosmic balance where every force has some kind of incarnation that isn't more powerful than its opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I don't like the idea with real, all-mighty gods. It’s so stupid when you have some kind of omnipotent god who can, with a click of his finger, fix all the troubles of the universe, but for some reason does not do it.
    I think we are safe from that, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Warcraft Encyclopedia
    Gods are neither omniscient nor omnipotent.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Despite all official mentions of her state referring to her as an actual deity and the sole one at that.
    What mentions? War of the Ancients mentions multiple gods being depicted in Temple of the Moon. Also, the Light seems even more godly than Elune who procreated with deer.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Well, old god can be "actual supernatural deity" too ... what i mean ..she is not deity that many people imagine.

Why?

Just forget for second that she is ultimate good. What are her weapons? How she communicates with mortals? What exactly she can do?

She is too weak for actual deity of our standards. Her power is quite limited. Even when she could create "nature gods" it is noting more than we saw other god do. She speaking to her subjects as other old gods and she is older than Azeroth too. When you see her and for example N'zoth. All difference is that she is light and he is shadow. And after this thing with "Shadow Warrior" even this is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's a stretch.

Elune is probably based on Selûne, who is the goddess of the moon in the Forgotten Realms setting of D&D (both of which are quite obviously derived from the Latin luna = moon).
    Unlikely because both Iluvatar's and Elune's storyline involves villains trapped outside the universe in a Void trying to break in. That's a pretty big tell where they are deriving Elune's lore from. But, you never know, they could swap.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't know about the mythology you're talking about, but Elune has a light side and a dark side (hence the Night Warrior Tyrande). It's plausible that she could be the fifth Old God that was sent to Azeroth that has been spoken of but never revealed, and she was somehow turned by the Naaru or whomever is head of the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    She is too weak for actual deity of our standards. Her power is quite limited.
    Or because Blizzard is very careful about religious references and probably is a bit shy about using her more directly. They originally used Heaven and Hell and other Christian imagery in WC1, the Church of the Light, and so on, and have greatly watered it down or flat out removed such references.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Unlikely because both Iluvatar's and Elune's storyline involves villains trapped outside the universe in a Void trying to break in. That's a pretty big tell where they are deriving Elune's lore from. But, you never know, they could swap.
    Really, you think it's more likely they based it on someone with a completely unrelated name and no connection to the moon whatsoever rather than someone with a name that's identical except for ONE LETTER and who's literally also a moon goddess?

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Personally I think it is something beteen Naaru and Void Lord. Lady of Balance.
    Naaru are not the equivalent of void lords. Naaru are already "balanced" insofar that they can turn into dark Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Really, you think it's more likely they based it on someone with a completely unrelated name and no connection to the moon whatsoever rather than someone with a name that's identical except for ONE LETTER and who's literally also a moon goddess?
    Story ripped from Tolkien, name ripped from D&D, "no one will figure out I'm stealing these ideas!". There, that wasn't hard. Metzen clearly started his elves based on those two sources, given things like "Silvermoon".

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    I don't know about the mythology you're talking about, but Elune has a light side and a dark side (hence the Night Warrior Tyrande). It's plausible that she could be the fifth Old God that was sent to Azeroth that has been spoken of but never revealed, and she was somehow turned by the Naaru or whomever is head of the Light.
    If She is the WoW version of Iluvatar, then she is connected to EVERYTHING. Light, dark, fel, death, life, everything. The moon could be a callback to the Truman Show, where "god" based his control tower to look down upon creation.

Naaru is the equivalent of the Old Gods
    And the fact that they can turn into Dark Naaru does not mean that they are not beings of Light