Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    There was something wrong with Elune the moment she chose Tyrande as the High Priestess.
    To be honest, I don't think she had many better choices.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Elune, the nelf's major goddess, has been described as a pretty powerful deity throughout Warcraft's history.

Nelf's racial shadowmeld comes from her, she blesses their moonwells, mothered Cenarius, and has vague but notable ties to the various powers such as Green Dragons and Naaru, possibly even the Titans given her 'tears' are a pillar of creation.

She's never been depicted the same as the general 'light' or 'shadow' powers, and has even had shades of Arcane in her aesthetic.

But Blizz has been depicting her less favorably since the start of BFA, what could they be planning here? It seems really bizarre to kick the nelfs while they're down and have Tyrande say Elune abandoned them while WIELDING her "Night Warrior" power, so what's the story the writers are trying to lay the groundwork for?
    Why would we know? Even Blizz guys don't know. They will just come up with something that somehow suit them the moment they need it. Even if it shits on previous things.
    And they made so much shit with it allready, it won't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Why would we know? Even Blizz guys don't know. They will just come up with something that somehow suit them the moment they need it. Even if it shits on previous things.
    And they made so much shit with it allready, it won't be hard.
    Yep. Just like years later they said "sylvanas actually did the wrath gate!" in a fucking interview when it goes against everything we saw in the game. Or how they retconned her inner thoughts on Gilneas attack years later. Or "Illidan didnt actually die"
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-19 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yep. Just like years later they said "sylvanas actually did the wrath gate!" in a fucking interview when it goes against everything we saw in the game. Or how they retconned her inner thoughts on Gilneas attack years later.
    Pretty sad to see them retcon just to push their narrative instead of building upon it.

Elune, the nelf's major goddess, has been described as a pretty powerful deity throughout Warcraft's history.

Nelf's racial shadowmeld comes from her, she blesses their moonwells, mothered Cenarius, and has vague but notable ties to the various powers such as Green Dragons and Naaru, possibly even the Titans given her 'tears' are a pillar of creation.

She's never been depicted the same as the general 'light' or 'shadow' powers, and has even had shades of Arcane in her aesthetic.

But Blizz has been depicting her less favorably since the start of BFA, what could they be planning here? It seems really bizarre to kick the nelfs while they're down and have Tyrande say Elune abandoned them while WIELDING her "Night Warrior" power, so what's the story the writers are trying to lay the groundwork for?
    alliance needs to be the bad guy for once. So my guess....they are making her to be evil next expansion. Look at tyrande....its pretty much a given that she is going to be a hybrid of sylvanas and garrosh next expansion.

They probably haven't even decided on what she is supposed to be, like they've said in a past interview

Just looking up WoWiki, Elune is being handled pretty fucking terribly. She’s described in glimpses with long white hair, a circlet, glowing orblike eyes, and flowing robes.
    She also is the essence of peace. Protecting and restoring the land and using her powers to bring calm to the people. Her making Tyrande a Night Warrior is so far from her character I have no idea how it happened. I almost wish this thread hadn’t made me look it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just looking up WoWiki, Elune is being handled pretty fucking terribly. She’s described in glimpses with long white hair, a circlet, glowing orblike eyes, and flowing robes.
    She also is the essence of peace. Protecting and restoring the land and using her powers to bring calm to the people. Her making Tyrande a Night Warrior is so far from her character I have no idea how it happened. I almost wish this thread hadn’t made me look it up.
    1) Stop using wowwiki
    2) Outside of a couple divine interventions she has no character whatsoever, what you read is content from the rpg which is noncanon.

Also, her appearance is just a depiction drawn by night elves.
    It's just their imagination.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-10-20 at 09:47 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    What if it turns out that Elune is the being of death? That all this time the Night Elves have believed she was something she isn't?
    Death, the mysterious character behind Sylvanas, Bwonsamdi and Helya, with a master plan that somehow starts by killing everyone, has been keeping a race of immortals safe for thousands of years. It does sound like Blizzard writing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems really bizarre to kick the nelfs while they're down and have Tyrande say Elune abandoned them while WIELDING her "Night Warrior" power
    When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    1) Stop using wowwiki
    2) Outside of a couple divine interventions she has no character whatsoever, what you read is content from the rpg which is noncanon.

Also, her appearance is just a depiction drawn by night elves.
    It's just their imagination.
    Sorry, Wowpedia, not WoWiki powered by FANDOM.

Tyrande and NE is gonna have some sort of vengeance arc in the next expac, but after a while they will realise how they lost the faith and path they originally hold dear. It will turn into them finding their way back to elune.

Blizzard at it again, about to peddle the last mysteries of this ruined fantasy universe in order to promote a new raid or whatever in the next expansion.

Personal theory:

Elune is a form of death deity as well, or she is a goddess of Balance between light and shadow with a goal that alignes with a death deitys. She didn't stop the tree from burning, or the night elves from dying during the burning of Teldrassil. She soothed their minds to ease their passage, and remove the pain from dying. We saw her stop Saurfang from killing Malfurion, so we do know that she can actively affect mortals on Azeroth, however she did not intervene in the burning, and save lives, only one of her "champions" being Malfurion.

Next comes Tyrande, and the Night Warrior, where she performed a brutal ritual requiring some kind of sacrifice (She tossed a head into the Moon well to perform the ritual) - she is a parallel to Sylvanas, and I am certain that Tyrande will create some more havoc, and gather more souls for Sylvanas' Master (He/she doesn't care who does the killing, as long as people die, they get the souls). With this said, I don't believe Tyrande is aware of this goal, but something tells me that Elune is somewhat okay with what Sylvanas is doing for whatever reason.

I know I know.. I may be crazy
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    When did this happen?
    Datamined Broadcast Text

I'm also concerned because a running theme in the leaks seems to be Nelfs having some sort of Crisis of faith in Elune because they find out she was somehow tacitly involved in the Burning of Teldrassily due to an agreement with the "Death" entity?
    Twas brillig

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Datamined Broadcast Text

I'm also concerned because a running theme in the leaks seems to be Nelfs having some sort of Crisis of faith in Elune because they find out she was somehow tacitly involved in the Burning of Teldrassily due to an agreement with the "Death" entity?
    Datamined text is like coming in in the middle of a five year conversation, you will not understand it completely until you see the full circumstances it was said in.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Datamined text is like coming in in the middle of a five year conversation, you will not understand it completely until you see the full circumstances it was said in.
    It was a pretty cut and dry conversation since we see the start and finish.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yep. Just like years later they said "sylvanas actually did the wrath gate!" in a fucking interview when it goes against everything we saw in the game. Or how they retconned her inner thoughts on Gilneas attack years later. Or "Illidan didnt actually die"
    I still cant see how people claim the wrathgate events were retconned, it is clear that she doesnt mind it. She uses the apothecary society as a scapegoat and then uses the damn plague herself moments later, Garrosh warns her through his commander that she must cease using the plague. She goes "yeah yeah" then keeps using it.

Inb4 they rip off Guild Wars and shes the source of the old gods and the curse of flesh and the night elves are her sylvari.

Ever heard of the "dark side of the moon"^^

There is no real lore behind Elune. They just start to build it so they can basically do whatever they want and don't even have to retcon anything.