Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Being into Toddlers with Grandpa heads stills make you the minority and a rather weird. Being into elves and darker themed stuff is normal. So...yeah, whats on being an edgelord? It is a fully common thing people enjoy in fantasy and sci-fi settings. Hell, Heath Ledger became post-mortem a critically acclaimed actor on this basis.
    Guess what else is a fully common thing people enjoy in a fantasy setting? Gnomes.

Also...

Does being into anthropomorphic cows makes you the minority and rather weird? How about anthropomorphic wolves? Pandas? Decking out a female toon in a slutmog, how about that?

I think we all get at this point that you dislike gnomes. That's fine. But your weird argument to denigrate anyone that does is well beyond absurd. If you legitimately feel this way, you probably need a time out to reevaluate some things. If you're just throwing bullshit on the forum to see what sticks, you probably should stop arguing in bad faith. Either way, stop trying to make Teriz sound like the reasonable one.

When I hear engineer I think successful adult who designs and builds things like cars, houses, bridges, etc.

When I hear tinker I think about some dude sitting in his garage playing around with other people's inventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    When I hear engineer I think successful adult who designs and builds things like cars, houses, bridges, etc.

When I hear tinker I think about some dude sitting in his garage playing around with other people's inventions.
    In WoW, engineers don't build buildings, and cars, and houses and bridges. So your definition of Tinkers applies to Engineers in WoW. They are Tinkers in every possible way.

People hated it pretty much and that it was required to unlock flying.
    haha people hated nazjatar more people dont enjoy the world quest system
    i even hate that i have to use asmongold as 1 of the many people that enjoyed mechagon
    people loved the mechagon mythic dungeon etc etc
    nobbel loved it aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    mechagone was the best content bfa did offer in bfa expansion most people are saying that aswell
    Mechagon was good... not because of engineering and gnomes + goblins, but because how it was designed.
    Drills could equally well be mages summoning you have to defend. Dungeon could be whatever theme you want it to be with the same mechanics. Doopleganger rare event could be an unstable time portal etc etc...

Theme =!= mechanics and gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Mechagon was good... not because of engineering and gnomes + goblins, but because how it was designed.
    Drills could equally well be mages summoning you have to defend. Dungeon could be whatever theme you want it to be with the same mechanics. Doopleganger rare event could be an unstable time portal etc etc...

Theme =!= mechanics and gameplay.
    maby but that content still meens people dont care if it is gnome and goblin story

It does seem like Tinkers will be the next class, and it bums me out. Always thought the steampunk/mechanical aspects of the game were the worst parts. They have been there to a small but growing degree since WC2, but a full class means it will be all but impossible to avoid.

maby but that content still meens people dont care if it is gnome and goblin story
    what a shocker, people like good content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It does seem like Tinkers will be the next class, and it bums me out. Always thought the steampunk/mechanical aspects of the game were the worst parts. They have been there to a small but growing degree since WC2, but a full class means it will be all but impossible to avoid.
    only if they go against the current trend of class fitting the theme of the expansion considering it's probably gonna be death themed.

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    In WoW, engineers don't build buildings, and cars, and houses and bridges. So your definition of Tinkers applies to Engineers in WoW. They are Tinkers in every possible way.
    That's... that's literally the point of the profession? They build bombs, airplanes, rockets, flying robot things, robot sheep, etc. The whole point of the engineer profession is building things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    what a shocker, people like good content.

- - - Updated - - -

only if they go against the current trend of class fitting the theme of the expansion considering it's probably gonna be death themed.
    Yeah time will tell, a leak which included them seemed like the most plausible one to me, but it's always a guessing game as to which of the 10k BS stories was right.

haha people hated nazjatar more people dont enjoy the world quest system
    i even hate that i have to use asmongold as 1 of the many people that enjoyed mechagon
    people loved the mechagon mythic dungeon etc etc
    nobbel loved it aswell
    People hated Mechagon. It was a boring and lackluster timesink zone. And you are really using Asmongold as your argument? Rly?

That's... that's literally the point of the profession? They build bombs, airplanes, rockets, flying robot things, robot sheep, etc. The whole point of the engineer profession is building things.
    and tinker is the class that use them in combat

- - - Updated - - -

People hated Mechagon. It was a boring and lackluster timesink zone. And you are really using Asmongold as your argument? Rly?
    find me the people saying that nazjatar was better then mechagon i meen all of them it needs to be above million people that shows they hate it

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Guess what else is a fully common thing people enjoy in a fantasy setting? Gnomes.

Also...

Does being into anthropomorphic cows makes you the minority and rather weird? How about anthropomorphic wolves? Pandas? Decking out a female toon in a slutmog, how about that?

I think we all get at this point that you dislike gnomes. That's fine. But your weird argument to denigrate anyone that does is well beyond absurd. If you legitimately feel this way, you probably need a time out to reevaluate some things. If you're just throwing bullshit on the forum to see what sticks, you probably should stop arguing in bad faith. Either way, stop trying to make Teriz sound like the reasonable one.
    Actually, no. I don't know any game with gnomes as a race. There are hobbits or halflings, but I don't think many developers would creat techno garden-gnomes who have annoying high-pitched voices. There are Lalafell in FF14 and even those are constantly mocked by the community, but they at least have an actual story and good characters. The greatest hero of the gnomes barely managed to push a button. One of the Lalafell Main Characters banished a fucking dragon god.

Yeah but not buildings, cars, houses or bridges. Did you not read? Tinkers build things as well.

They may do bombs and rockets and robots and the like, but they aren't architectural engineers which are the people who do buildings and bridges and the like.

Like there are plenty of different engineers even IRL. Electrical Engineers also don't build architectural projects.

The engineers in WoW would probably more fall under either Technological or Mechanical Engineering over Architectural.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Shiza May i introduce you Dungeons and Dragons? Pathfinder maybe?

Or if you pull the video game excuse

Have you ever heard of baldurs gate 1 and 2? Pathfinder:kingmaker? Neverwinter nights perhaps?

And so many more!

Also the gnomes of wow have a huge inspiration from the ones in D&D

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about tinkers one way or another, but I do believe there are classes that should have priority over them.
    If I wanted tinkers, I would keep a close eye on engineer profession changes, as I'd imagine the class to be very whacky with their techno shenanigans, and I would expect Blizz to pull a warlock-dh scenario beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't really care about tinkers one way or another, but I do believe there are classes that should have priority over them.
    If I wanted tinkers, I would keep a close eye on engineer profession changes, as I'd imagine the class to be very whacky with their techno shenanigans, and I would expect Blizz to pull a warlock-dh scenario beforehand.
    that depends becus engineer as a profession is not as good as it used to be in the past not much fun you can do with ranged weapon like how you made ammo for hunter in the past
    with tinker they can probly figure something new stuff you need engineering to make as equipment wich wuld add more stuff for engineering
    + i think necromancer is more likly then dark ranger with the lich king lore

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Being able to build mechs, and even something as big as the flying ships would disagree.

Also, funny how the only characters actually titled "tinker" are just common people who just either sell you tech pieces, train you in engineering, or use low-key tech stuff.

(Mekkatorque's title is political, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Being able to build mechs, and even something as big as the flying ships would disagree.

Also, funny how the only characters actually titled "tinker" are just common people who just either sell you tech pieces, train you in engineering, or use low-key tech stuff.

(Mekkatorque's title is political, though).
    I wasn't talking about mechs or flying ships. The person I quoted was talking about buildings, cars, houses and bridges, equating real world engineers with engineers in WoW. They are not the same. Engineers in WoW are Tinkers.