Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I do think trailer trash when thinking of US conservative.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 out of 10, my internet informed prejudices have led me to think twice about anyone with colored short hair.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think Tulsi Gabbard is pretty, so yeah, I trust her.
    Do you think Tomi Lahren , Fox News commentator and Trump supporter, is pretty?

I do agree about Tulsi however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think she is an actor and her public persona doesn't cover her personal opinions. She holds many of the positions she does for fat stacks of cash.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly looks have become associated with certain politics, like white nationalists always seem to have a similar look (scruffy, fat, balding and always wearing 3/4 length shorts). I doubt you could guess someone's looks from their politics alone.

The internet is good at amplifying the most extreme examples (like some of the pictures in this thread) but the reality is most people are just pretty normal looking.

I think where you stand on the political scale depends a lot on your community. I have been involved in climbing for almost 30 years. I can say with almost 100% confidence that I have never seen an overweight climber, and I have never seen any climbing community in the US that is not overwhelmingly liberal. Even in states like Texas and Utah. The upper echelon climbers definitely lean toward ultra liberal.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree about Tulsi however.
    Too much make up. Not to my taste. I prefer somebody like Lynn Hill. She is the first person (man or woman) that ever solo climb the “Nose” at El Capitan. Even at 58 to me she is more attractive than that bottle blonde look. However, to each his own.

Political opinions related to looks? Not directly.

Many political opinions are based on the conditions of their upbringing and education and their ability for critical thinking.

The main ones I see typically bashing the poor tend to be those who grew up never having to want for anything and never even had real issues finding money or work having connections or those who went straight into the military after high school which sheltered them from much of the problems of civilian life and income issues. Yes, they ended up having to deal with other problems but that doesn't mean that they aren't sheltered from these issues because they are.

Or a few who spent their life doing illegal things to the point they leveraged them to get into positions because of connections they would have never gotten with legal means to make them who pretend they started at the bottom and worked their way up the same as everyone else.

Or too many who refuse to actually think critically about their political views or religion and put it all on blind faith who only listen to things that only tell them what they want to hear.

Now, much of this can have a correlation to their looks but that correlation is loose with many of them being full on hypocrites between what they support and the lives they actually live themselves. I say this having debates with a hardcore Trump supporter who called me a moocher for collecting money from the VA while he "Worked his way up and never relied on the government for anything" even while his kids were on government healthcare and they collected somewhere between $600-$800 a month in food stamps, it just didn't count for him because they were in his wife's name.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I think where you stand on the political scale depends a lot on your community. I have been involved in climbing for almost 30 years. I can say with almost 100% confidence that I have never seen an overweight climber, and I have never seen any climbing community in the US that is not overwhelmingly liberal. Even in states like Texas and Utah. The upper echelon climbers definitely lean toward ultra liberal.

- - - Updated - - -

Too much make up. Not to my taste. I prefer somebody like Lynn Hill. She is the first person (man or woman) that ever solo climb the “Nose” at El Capitan. Even at 58 to me she is more attractive than that bottle blonde look. However, to each his own.
    I had to look her up. Had no clue who she was. And you are right. Each to his own. I do not find Lynn Hill attractive at all.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I had to look her up. Had no clue who she was. And you are right. Each to his own. I do not find Lynn Hill attractive at all.
    How do you find a woman that can do that not sexy is beyond me. Not to mention top-heavy bottle blond newscasters are dime a dozen. On the other hand, only 5 people in the world have solo free climb the “Nose” on El Capitan. She was first and she hold the speed record for solo free climb the “Nose.”

Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-10-20 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    How do you find a woman that can do that not sexy is beyond me. Not to mention top-heavy bottle blond newscasters are dime a dozen. On the other hand, only 5 people in the world have solo free climb the “Nose” on El Capitan. She was first and she hold the speed record for solo free climb the “Nose.”
    Like you said, each to his own. No question she is a exceptionally talented and athletic woman. But that alone has no appeal to me when it comes to finding someone sexy. She reminds me of Celion Dion, the singer. Very talented singer. But not sexy at all to me. I love to listen to her sing, but if I was single? Would have no interest in dating her. Not my type.