Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hey guys, I would like to ask about the last few percent of the Zaqul fight (heroic). I see by pretty much all top hunter logs that they have a massive damage output at the end. Can anyone tell me what causes this, as (while I'm parsing ok-ish at around 90%) I cant seem to get the burst in damage toward the end. I tend to finish the fight in the Delerium realm so I am not sure if thats right or if I should be upstairs on the boss there. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2019-08-26 at 02:07 AM.

Enter Delirium Phase, pop CLF+AoTW+Pot+anything else you got, and profit.

It could also be outside Delirium and just padding on the adds but that's meaningless. At that point it's a race to kill off the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

It could also be outside Delirium and just padding on the adds but that's meaningless. At that point it's a race to kill off the boss.
    Awesome, thanks for the reply Azo. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2019-08-26 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

No need to guess.

Here's the top heroic parse for BM in the USA on Zaqul (filtered to ignore add padding):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=168

Notice how he's actually one of the worst DPS in the raid on boss damage due to add padding and how his DPS dips super low at the end?

Also, here's the top BM hunter who didn't pad:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=144

Damage spikes during lust and tails off after that.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Yeep. On Mythic it's particularly upsetting. I do 3x Deliriums and I absolutely pump the Delirium add and so on, and my damage is really good.. But it doesn't stand up to this Chinese guy just degenerate-padding on the adds with Iris and the whole shebang.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...c=BeastMastery

But all that matters is that I know I did the fight correctly from my PoV/my job in the fight which was to pump Delirium add and use the Delirium phase Haste to destroy the boss.

Thanks guys, interesting to look at those links for comparison. I will take a boss kill over meter padding any day, so it's good to know I'm on the right track. Appreciate all the info.

Do we know if they fixed Akana's Reefstrider Treads for BM hunters so that our pets benefit from the crit damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    Do we know if they fixed Akana's Reefstrider Treads for BM hunters so that our pets benefit from the crit damage?
    Not broken. Just a design issue. 99% chance it won't get "fixed".

Nm /10char
    Last edited by Mavick; 2019-10-20 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Azor's Twat Mastery Make me feel Special Guide - 8.whogivesafuck Battle to Stay interested in Activision's Money Grab
    I wonder why you got banned from TSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Guess he's drunk again. Water under the bridge tomorrow eh buddy? Pathetic alcoholic.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    This is ancient I know but would be nice to revive the thread a little.

Pets still do not benefit from the Boots and it is unlikely that they ever will. Just typical Blizzard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Took a while, but at least now the prophecy has come true.
    He then proceeded to whisper people "Worth " when he got banned.

And to think I actually spent time replying to this guy... big oof

Yep, I was out of line and brought it on myself, particularly by bringing it publicly here. Drinking and being tilted at still being banned is not a good mix.

That being said, none of us are really saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    That being said, none of us are really saints.
    Stop excusing your bad drunken behaviour by projecting it on us as if its something we all do. Grow up.

Take a good look at where your drinking has brought you. You remind me of the 2 friends I lost to alchohol, especially the 3rd one I had to talk out of ending his life while watching his bloody knife next to his exposed veins\arteries. They all made bad excuses for their bad habits while slowly turning everyone against themselves.

Sure, its just the internet, but it all starts somewhere.

I have also decided to block you as I have no interest in continuing this shitshow, and because I just cant help but reply when said shitshows peak my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Stop excusing your bad drunken behaviour by projecting it on us as if its something we all do. Grow up.

Take a good look at where your drinking has brought you. You remind me of the 2 friends I lost to alchohol, especially the 3rd one I had to talk out of ending his life while watching his bloody knife next to his exposed veins\arteries. They all made bad excuses for their bad habits while slowly turning everyone against themselves.

Sure, its just the internet, but it all starts somewhere.

I have also decided to block you as I have no interest in continuing this shitshow, and because I just cant help but reply when said shitshows peak my interest.
    I never excused it. And all it's done is make me look like an ass. I will survive that, have before. You might consider letting it go, because to keep coming at me over this dumb shit isn't making you look that great either.

oh mavick now you just want a ban in MMO champ. let it go dude.

I'm not the one who brought the discussion here, nor the one who's inserting myself into conversations involving other people. If you want it to be let go, then stop talking to me about it.

It looks like animal companion and killer cobra is the go now? Never liked animal companion, extra pet seems squishy and has pathing issues at times as well.

On any single-target centric content, AC/KC is the better build.

AC is just straight up better than KI for raw DPS whenever the pet is not going to be in danger of dying or pathing issues - I'd say it works better than most people give it credit for, but it's pretty catastrophic if your pet dies and it can be difficult to keep track of how the AC pet is doing. You can check if it's doing properly by checking your DPS meter and making sure that the # of casts done by the pet (auto, kill command) matches between the Companion and the main pet.

KC is only good for single-target.