Poll: Which new features would you like to see added in the future?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Which new features would you like to see added in the future?

Feel free to add your own to the discussion. Besides the above I would also like to see:

- Spectator mode for mythic raids, m+ dungeons, arenas and RBGs

- Player's own alts as body guards / followers is my number one wish. Rentable. Tradable NPC followers that can be customized and leveled up.

- Account wide rep

- Impactful attack animations

Also, forgot to add flying related stuff. I would love it if they would just allow flying after completing all quest chapters and just kept it disabled in warmode.

Warmode would then need a lot more to incentivize players like exclusive gear/weapons, events, pvp assaults, invasions etc.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-10-22 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I don't see much in mounted combat, it was terrible in WoTLK.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I don't see much in mounted combat, it was terrible in WoTLK.
    WoD allowed you to fight as you normally would with the Talbuk in Nagrand... Something like that I think it was the OP means.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Player housing with a fuckton of collectable furniture items spread all accross the world and content types.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Player housing with a fuckton of collectable furniture items spread all accross the world and content types.
    I think this is a wonderful idea since it would help with reusing previous expansion content easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    WoD allowed you to fight as you normally would with the Talbuk in Nagrand... Something like that I think it was the OP means.
    Thanks. That's actually what I meant.

I just want the entire world to feel more alive. They should stop adding new zones and places now, and focus on what's already there (except the WoD world for obvious reasons). Makes the existing zones more dynamic and fun. I'm basically asking for a new Cata revamp, but without new zones added. Make the leveling experience be fun again with completely new talent trees, that are similar to the old ones but still fresh. Professions should all be completely reworked to something new that makes sense.

Blizzard should also be a benign dictator and remove all crossrealm bullshit, and instead force people to move on certain servers - thereby the good old server community feeling.

Make the game into an MMORPG again - with a fresh new feeling of exploration, mystery and wonder.

I guess I want WoW 2.
    Last edited by Kallor; 2019-10-20 at 09:36 AM.

I would like to see housing with a massive overhaul to the abyssmal crafting in WoW, but the reality is that I'm starting to feel like the sexually insecure wow playerbase doesn't deserve housing in the first place.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want any of this. I just want new classes to play.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A third faction that is hostile to both Horde and Alliance. Will never happen, but I can dream.

The removal of race/class restrictions. It’s clear Blizzard don’t care about the lore any more so the restrictions seems pointless.

Class skins. To make some of the new race/class combinations more sensible, like Void Elf ‘Paladins’ using shadow instead of light.

New ways to level up.

Choices and consequences in quests. Let me sabotage the Horde and Alliance from within if I so desire.

Soloqueue for RBG’s and 2v2 arenas. The former in particularly needs it as it’s a dead scene.

A mission table that rewards altoholics for playing it. Bring back BoA rep tokens and large sums of gold but please don’t make me use the table to do quests. It should be optional.

Faster respawn timers for world bosses. Sha of Anger, Rukhmar and Galleon take 15 minutes, that’s too long when you’re farming them on 20 alts.

More raid skips. Dazar’alor definitely needed one. Same with Eternal Palace.

More alt friendly features. Let me funnel things from my main to my alts. Essences should be BoA. I should be able to skip intro quests and still receive the rewards if I’ve done it once. Getting an alt set up in BfA is a pain.

No Pathfinder, flying available from day 1 so long as you have the appropriate riding skill, no level restriction. Previous Pathfinders removed. Stop being lazy and start designing zones to accommodate flying like you did in TBC and Wrath. No flying was cute in WoD when we had things like Aveana’s feather and didn’t need to leave the Garrison much, but Legion and BfA have taken the piss with it. Warmode shows it doesn’t affect wpvp much. Plenty of fights still happen.

Oh and Player Housing I guess. I don’t care much for it, but if it gets all the Vulpera yiffers out of my Bazaar and moves them somewhere I don’t have to look at them then it works for me.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-10-20 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    A third faction that is hostile to both Horde and Alliance. Will never happen, but I can dream.

The removal of race/class restrictions. It’s clear Blizzard don’t care about the lore any more so the restrictions seems pointless.

Class skins. To make some of the new race/class combinations more sensible, like Void Elf ‘Paladins’ using shadow instead of light.

New ways to level up.

Choices and consequences in quests. Let me sabotage the Horde and Alliance from within if I so desire.

Soloqueue for RBG’s and 2v2 arenas. The former in particularly needs it as it’s a dead scene.

A mission table that rewards altoholics for playing it. Bring back BoA rep tokens and large sums of gold but please don’t make me use the table to do quests. It should be optional.

Faster respawn timers for world bosses. Sha of Anger, Rukhmar and Galleon take 15 minutes, that’s too long when you’re farming them on 20 alts.

More raid skips. Dazar’alor definitely needed one. Same with Eternal Palace.

More alt friendly features. Let me funnel things from my main to my alts. Essences should be BoA. I should be able to skip intro quests and still receive the rewards if I’ve done it once. Getting an alt set up in BfA is a pain.

No Pathfinder, flying available from day 1 so long as you have the appropriate riding skill, no level restriction. Previous Pathfinders removed. Stop being lazy and start designing zones to accommodate flying like you did in TBC and Wrath. No flying was cute in WoD when we had things like Aveana’s feather and didn’t need to leave the Garrison much, but Legion and BfA have taken the piss with it. Warmode shows it doesn’t affect wpvp much. Plenty of fights still happen.

Oh and Player Housing I guess. I don’t care much for it, but if it gets all the Vulpera yiffers out of my Bazaar and moves them somewhere I don’t have to look at them then it works for me.
    I like everything you said, except for vulpera disappearing out of sight.

while i don't want all gathering professions learn-able, i think they should be baked into any profession they are used with.

i would also introduce a new profession - wood working. which would auto learn skinning and lumberjacking.
    lumberjacking would be a new basically universal gathering profession, and future crafting would include actually making stuff with wood included. for blacksmiths this would be handles and the like. tailors can use them to make staffs for casters, and leatherworkers get to use them combined with leather to make bows.
    reforging, jewelry sockets and profession specific bonuses return.

professions would return to prominence and not be useless, including crafting raid level gear again.

heirloom gear for the slots that don't have heirlooms (honestly, part of me wants to do away with heirlooms and just bake the bonus into your alts as you level them, as some sort of passive buff, but on the other hand, they are a reasonable gold sink and people have already invested a lot of gold into them).

pathfinder would remain, with it becoming fully unlockable after only 3 months.
    those who don't like pathfinder can buy it for gold, however
    1) its expensive.
    2) its character specific.
    3) any character who buys flying cannot progress the pathfinder achievement on your account.

level cap reduced to 60.
    classes would return to some level between burning crusade with uniqueness and wrath balance wise.
    old style talents are back!

3 raid modes only. LFR. Heroic. Mythic.
    LFR is revamped to focus less on zerging bosses and more mechanics. mechanics aren't overly punishing, but completing mechanics properly would debuff the boss, which would either allow it to be dpsed faster, or reduce its overall health somehow. point is to make LFR a Learning to Raid type thing. heres mechanics. heres how you handle them.

you can now bypass ALL requirements to unlock allied races (including associated quests), however doing so means you opt out of the bonuses (mounts, tabards, cosmetic gear).

i have others. but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    while i don't want all gathering professions learn-able, i think they should be baked into any profession they are used with.

i would also introduce a new profession - wood working. which would auto learn skinning and lumberjacking.
    lumberjacking would be a new basically universal gathering profession, and future crafting would include actually making stuff with wood included. for blacksmiths this would be handles and the like. tailors can use them to make staffs for casters, and leatherworkers get to use them combined with leather to make bows.
    reforging, jewelry sockets and profession specific bonuses return.

professions would return to prominence and not be useless, including crafting raid level gear again.

heirloom gear for the slots that don't have heirlooms (honestly, part of me wants to do away with heirlooms and just bake the bonus into your alts as you level them, as some sort of passive buff, but on the other hand, they are a reasonable gold sink and people have already invested a lot of gold into them).

pathfinder would remain, with it becoming fully unlockable after only 3 months.
    those who don't like pathfinder can buy it for gold, however
    1) its expensive.
    2) its character specific.
    3) any character who buys flying cannot progress the pathfinder achievement on your account.

level cap reduced to 60.
    classes would return to some level between burning crusade with uniqueness and wrath balance wise.
    old style talents are back!

3 raid modes only. LFR. Heroic. Mythic.
    LFR is revamped to focus less on zerging bosses and more mechanics. mechanics aren't overly punishing, but completing mechanics properly would debuff the boss, which would either allow it to be dpsed faster, or reduce its overall health somehow. point is to make LFR a Learning to Raid type thing. heres mechanics. heres how you handle them.

you can now bypass ALL requirements to unlock allied races (including associated quests), however doing so means you opt out of the bonuses (mounts, tabards, cosmetic gear).

i have others. but yeah.
    Everything you mention makes sense but Blizzard insists on changing the game completely every expansion undoing all the good and bad together instead of leaving the good and adding more of it.

They currently craft raid level gear.

The issue however is that the gearing progression is completely fucked as the game showers you in High Ilvl gear via Emissaries, Weekly chests, Titanforging, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They currently craft raid level gear.

The issue however is that the gearing progression is completely fucked as the game showers you in High Ilvl gear via Emissaries, Weekly chests, Titanforging, etc.
    Higher then lfr level raid gear. Ive seen the crap crafted gear with rng stats retail has. No thanks.

After playing vanilla, I just want the old stuff back.
    Old talent trees, all the purged abilities back, proffesions being relevant with world drop recipes, rare and BoP matts for said proffesions.
    And stop the rapid insane gear inflation, 10 itemlevels per raid is fine not 40 like it's now where a BiS item is crap the next week because a new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    After playing vanilla, I just want the old stuff back.
    Old talent trees, all the purged abilities back, ....
    If only they kept things simple, the game was much more enjoyable before all the new bells and whistles started appearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't want any of this. I just want new classes to play.
    I can understand why as new classes bring in something completely new and exciting. Something the game badly needs.

Higher then lfr level raid gear. Ive seen the crap crafted gear with rng stats retail has. No thanks.
    It goes all the way up to Mythic Ilvl, including a safe socket.

Not saying that it's good in the broad picture, but the point is that crafting gear is kinda pointless if you're one M+10 away from an Heroic Ilvl piece, i don't see any point in spending time to farm that if a 20-30 minute run can give me similiar or even better rewards.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    By the way this is a good list of wishes. I select 70-80% in list
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    - Player's own alts as body guards
    I've been thinking about something like this a lot the past few weeks. I see it as signing your characters up at mercenary halls or something allowing you (or others if you check the friends/guild/anyone tabs) to hire them and venture out into the world with them. I'd also allow them to gain actual level up experience (at a reduced rate) as they work. I'd have different mercenary halls for each major continent and each toon can only be in one at a time and have some level restrictions on the low end.

I'd also get rid of the current questing model in the world as I HATE how my low level toons are still dealing with Deathwing and working for Garrosh, Saurfang, and Sylvanas. I'd do a more living and randomized event based questing system and put old story quest lines behind Chromie and the bronze flight for those who want to see what happened.

So examples of the new system, let's use our beloved Crossroads and Barrens. I'd have random invasions or raids occur from things like quilboar, harpies, venture company, raptor population surplus or night elves from Ashenvale. There would be different things required of players for different threats and different tiers of for threats left unchecked. Imagine going to the mission board and seeing a quest to retake the crossroads from quilboar, you go and fight a tough fight to retake the crossroads and after all the dust settles you get a bonus objective +x% experience for completing one of the Razor Fen dungeons. I don't know, I just struggle greatly with how stagnant the world and questing feels. I want a world that changes with or without player involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Epic View Post
    I've been thinking about something like this a lot the past few weeks. I see it as signing your characters up at mercenary halls or something allowing you (or others if you check the friends/guild/anyone tabs) to hire them and venture out into the world with them. I'd also allow them to gain actual level up experience (at a reduced rate) as they work. I'd have different mercenary halls for each major continent and each toon can only be in one at a time and have some level restrictions on the low end.

I'd also get rid of the current questing model in the world as I HATE how my low level toons are still dealing with Deathwing and working for Garrosh, Saurfang, and Sylvanas. I'd do a more living and randomized event based questing system and put old story quest lines behind Chromie and the bronze flight for those who want to see what happened.

So examples of the new system, let's use our beloved Crossroads and Barrens. I'd have random invasions or raids occur from things like quilboar, harpies, venture company, raptor population surplus or night elves from Ashenvale. There would be different things required of players for different threats and different tiers of for threats left unchecked. Imagine going to the mission board and seeing a quest to retake the crossroads from quilboar, you go and fight a tough fight to retake the crossroads and after all the dust settles you get a bonus objective +x% experience for completing one of the Razor Fen dungeons. I don't know, I just struggle greatly with how stagnant the world and questing feels. I want a world that changes with or without player involvement.
    I had the most fun ever in wow leveling alts in classic zones like crossroads during legion invasions, which are basically world quests.

I like these ideas.

Players own alts as followers / body guards is my number one wish.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-10-22 at 12:41 AM.