View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Worlds best cheat sheet.
    HotS logo.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    At least polish version of Orc/Humans/Nagas are almost universally terrible. The only voice i found to be improved was jaina and even then its debatable.

But all orcs/trolls sound like shit. Its like they were trying to make chain smoker/throat cancer impression on all of them.
    geez, even in wow they sound lke they have throat cancer, especially the females, never understand why female orcs have to sound like old hags.

At least polish version of Orc/Humans/Nagas are almost universally terrible. The only voice i found to be improved was jaina and even then its debatable.

But all orcs/trolls sound like shit. Its like they were trying to make chain smoker/throat cancer impression on all of them.
    Blizzard is just unwilling to pay for proper voice actors these day. It sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Yup. What makes the contrast even worse is that back when W3 was originally made polish dubbing in games was in its peak, and many voice actors were actual theatre actors. Right now its obvious that blizzard has their own team for voice acting (since you hear same voices all over) and they are not the best.

I see units' portraits move their lips according to what they say, but there's something that bugs me: their facial gestures are too "mild". They should be more exaggerated. I know Reforged's artstyle is kind of more cinematic instead of cartoony, but I think that even in a more realistic 3D setting, having too soft facial animations is underwhelming and boring.

They need to be more expressive!

Also, they should have redone the health bars. They get too smudged together, and maybe they should experiment with other ways to show unit health without carpeting everything with bars.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    I see units' portraits move their lips according to what they say, but there's something that bugs me: their facial gestures are too "mild". They should be more exaggerated. I know Reforged's artstyle is kind of more cinematic instead of cartoony, but I think that even in a more realistic 3D setting, having too soft facial animations is underwhelming and boring.

They need to be more expressive!
    Can you link a video with good examples? I would like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Well, when it comes to Polish versions of games overall, only Witcher have the best and most normal VA that doesn't sound bad at all.
    There are really only few games besides W-series, that have polish VA acceptable and you don't change it to english.

I didn't hear the new voices yet, but so far looks like for at least Russian community they already redone VA on one of the characters.

Also i don't think that other blizzard games have bad VA at all, especially overwatch.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2019-10-20 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I guess they took that new, less grumpy Uther. Well, at least new Medivh will be better.
    Lucky sobs. I miss old Arthas VA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Worlds best cheat sheet.
    But... I still have the one from original WC3 memorized!

I was thinking, what's the probability that Blizzard adds more missions to the existing campaign? I don't know about you, but I'd love if the Blood Elf campaign actually started with Kael'thas retaking Silvermoon from the Scourge and destroying the corrupted Sunwell. This is something that we learned happened only in TBC, so it would be interesting if Blizzard added new missions to flesh-out the existing campaigns with battles we learned in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I was thinking, what's the probability that Blizzard adds more missions to the existing campaign?
    Possible, though more likely they'll expand or revise current missions to include some story content that was introduced with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. What makes the contrast even worse is that back when W3 was originally made polish dubbing in games was in its peak, and many voice actors were actual theatre actors. Right now its obvious that blizzard has their own team for voice acting (since you hear same voices all over) and they are not the best.
    I cannot speak for Blizzard Polish voice actors, but the English voice actors are pretty much still the same as they have ever been, except I swear Sylvanas, Kel'Thuzard and Tryrande are different now. Not sure if Arthas was different.

Ilidan, Jaina, Uther, Maiev, Medivh, Thrall and Malfurion still have the same voice actors.

Although speaking of bad acting, I wanna see this kid back.

If you go back and listen to Illidan in WC3, it pretty much sounds like a fan dub.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2019-10-20 at 08:52 AM.

Illidan's voice actor will be changed iirc.

I honestly prefer his WC3 actor.

it had more emotions rather then singular one he has in WoW even though I like Liam's voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Illidan's voice actor will be changed iirc.

I honestly prefer his WC3 actor.

it had more emotions rather then singular one he has in WoW even though I like Liam's voice.
    Let's be honest here, I think all the original voices are better than the current ones.

I was thinking, what's the probability that Blizzard adds more missions to the existing campaign?
    The night elf campaign in RoC was originally going to have one more mission which didn’t make it for some reason, thats why it felt so much shorter compared to other campaigns. Would be interesting if they added this cut mission as it was supposed to be in the original game after all. As for adding a lot more missions I’d like to see them do whole new campaigns that tell us bits of lore as a bridge to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I was thinking, what's the probability that Blizzard adds more missions to the existing campaign? I don't know about you, but I'd love if the Blood Elf campaign actually started with Kael'thas retaking Silvermoon from the Scourge and destroying the corrupted Sunwell. This is something that we learned happened only in TBC, so it would be interesting if Blizzard added new missions to flesh-out the existing campaigns with battles we learned in WoW.
    If they even consider it, it will be in similar fashion to those mappacks from SC2. So nothing for free.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Let's be honest here, I think all the original voices are better than the current ones.
    tbf i prefer the new illidan, mostly because i am used to his voice actor from other things

The problem with Polish dub isn't just that the voice actors are doing a considerably worse job than the old ones, it's also the weird changes to the lines.

Outside of politically correct changes like replacing "ass" with "butt" or avoiding the word "kill" (LOL!), I'm generally under the impression that the lines could have changed because Blizzard gave a new translation team the English lines to not only translate new things and fix inconsistencies, but also look back at the original Polish lines and make some "improvements" to them, instead of sticking closely with the source material wherever the changes weren't needed.

At least I hope so, because if some of the mess with Polish voice lines was due to translation issues, there's a decent chance that the original English lines will be better.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-10-20 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    tbf i prefer the new illidan, mostly because i am used to his voice actor from other things
    Fair enough, a valid reasoning.

I personally prefer old Illidan because I think it covers wider range of emotions and in general feels more subtle or ellegant even. The current voice actor does a great job, but I don't think it fits Night Elf that much.

I am biased though, Warcraft III is a special game. I just can't stand a lot of the current voices, especially Sylvanas. Come on, she was perfect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Fair enough, a valid reasoning.

I personally prefer old Illidan because I think it covers wider range of emotions and in general feels more subtle or ellegant even. The current voice actor does a great job, but I don't think it fits Night Elf that much.

I am biased though, Warcraft III is a special game. I just can't stand a lot of the current voices, especially Sylvanas. Come on, she was perfect.
    i agree completely with the sylvanas one, i hate the nasal voice, how she talk also annoys me.

with illidan, well he is not just a night elf anymore, he is a demon too, like i said rly used to him so it don't bother me much

There he is. Everyone's favorite racist bastard.