Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    ye, but how does a single person running up the stage and scream some shit stear up drama? Are people gonna speak about that mongo or D4, OW2, WoW Expansion? There's literally nothing that these guys could do in order to "ruin" blizzcon.
    just imagine what will happen if someone does try to run onto the main stage. or worse gets near a microphone.

the entire internet will go nuts over the videos of him being dragged off by security. the streams will either be cut or go to technical difficulties. the crowd will go nuts and the panel thats going on will almost certainly be canceled.

and then what to do you do as blizzard? try to continue as if nothing happened the next panel?

we already know blizzard has increased security for blizzcon, so i'm pretty sure they have considered this scenario :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much so.

Just gotta decide on snacks though.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I've never been more excited. I'm gonna get myself some popcorn and behold the shitshow that unfolds.

Something is going to happen. I don't know what, but I know it's going to be funny.

Unless people die, then I'll just be bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    ye, but how does a single person running up the stage and scream some shit stear up drama? Are people gonna speak about that mongo or D4, OW2, WoW Expansion? There's literally nothing that these guys could do in order to "ruin" blizzcon.
    They dont need too. Blizzard is master class in fucking up Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say excited but it should certainly be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    just imagine what will happen if someone does try to run onto the main stage. or worse gets near a microphone.

the entire internet will go nuts over the videos of him being dragged off by security. the streams will either be cut or go to technical difficulties. the crowd will go nuts and the panel thats going on will almost certainly be canceled.

and then what to do you do as blizzard? try to continue as if nothing happened the next panel?

we already know blizzard has increased security for blizzcon, so i'm pretty sure they have considered this scenario :P
    Why would anyone go and scream some things about Hong Kong during a gaming convention? Go and scream that thing at politicians and not at gaming developers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    Why would anyone go and scream some things about Hong Kong during a gaming convention? Go and scream that thing at politicians and not at gaming developers...
    yeah the first time someone did that it clearly didn't work at all :P

i don't think this is the place for such things either, but there just is going to be people there who want to do it. now of course decent security can nip it all in the butt, but you just know someone will try if they see an opening.

Mostly just anticipating the potential protests and the tone-deaf response from Blizzard. They've shown repeatedly that they don't understand their fans, and I don't expect Blizzcon to be any different.

Sure, there's going to be an entire array of new game announcements, but I can't bring myself to give two shits about it given their recent, and past, behavior. Whatever value the games might have had is completely undermined by their practice at the corporate level.

not really.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

the only blizzcon i cared less about than this years was the 2012 blizzcon.

-the only wow stuff theyre gonna talk about is probably 8.3 with the surprise announcement its gonna hit the very next reset after blizzcon
    -im pretty sure there wont be a diablo 4. everything else i dont care about in the diablo universe. even a d2 remaster or d3 expansion.
    -sc2 is unplayable balancewise ever since lotv came out and theyre not planning on fixing anything. rest is useless mtx and singleplayer shit as usual.
    -overwatch i dont really care. i play like 2 games per month and only ever play the same 3 heroes that were in the game since release
    -heartstone, wc3, classic and heroes of the storm: nibba please

I am very disappointed with Blizzard, for obvious reasons in the last years, and last Blizzcon made everything worse. Put that together with the Hong Kong disaster less than a mount before the event and I am not even sure how I feel about it.

This is an expansion announcement year and even if I am not the biggest fan, the big probability of D4 happening makes me excited. I also hope there's drama, because I think they deserve it. And I don't want to believe they are dumb enough to do it, but imagine they announce another mobile game this year.

Should be entertaining at least, but no way I am paying 40€ for it. Very poor in-game goodies and the opening ceremony is free so not worth it for me.

PS: Where the f is the schedule this year? We are only -10 days away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    did you go to blizzcon last year?
    u answered before i even update my quote and after i pressed enter by mistake -.-
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    the only blizzcon i cared less about than this years was the 2012 blizzcon.

-the only wow stuff theyre gonna talk about is probably 8.3 with the surprise announcement its gonna hit the very next reset after blizzcon
    If they don't announce new WoW expansion then BFA will last 3 years. That's not going to happen.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    Weirdly .. No.
    Mainly this. First Blizzcon I havent been excited for. Probably cuz of Blizzards shitty behaviour. And Wow retail cant be saved at this point, only playing Classic tbh. Also expecting my boy Heroes of the storm to be neglected. Overwatch meh. Diablo I dont care about.

I amlooking forward to it, always happy to see what new things are coming. Sadly, I dont think sc2 will be getting any love really HOTS is pretty much abandoned at this point But like someone else said, there is for sure going to be the random trolls in Q&A who say about the hong kong stuff just to waste our time for there 5min of fame. Which will prob get them banned from future blizzcons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    because the gaming company is flat out supporting tyrannical regime and opposing human rights just for chineese market? because for some ppl they consider actually getting ur freedom is 'political' problem not a human right violation problem?
    politics is like brexit, u don't step on any human right either u leave EU or not (u just become butt of jokes), what is happening in Hong Kong is human right not political opinion, big difference
    Unless u consider blowing ppl eyes is political opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Mostly just anticipating the potential protests and the tone-deaf response from Blizzard. They've shown repeatedly that they don't understand their fans, and I don't expect Blizzcon to be any different
    this situation isn't 'tone-deaf', it is either they lose china market or ppl who actually care about human rights market, and unless most western world actually start to give a f8ck, i expect them to obey chineese overlords, because sadly china market is massive and probably biggest single entity market possible
    Ironic that hearthstone specially is currently most successful game they have there
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ppl who actually care about human rights market
    Implying the whiny children bitching at Blizzard "actually care about human rights" instead of just hopping onto the newest hatewagon.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Curious about the next wow expansion.
    Also WC 3 reforged is one thing i have been looking forward to for months, so rather sooner than later!

That is about it for me, not really keen on Diablo 4, played through diablo 3 and did throw it aside right after.

People who are at the venue are paying customers. Those who are there probably don’t give a shit about Hong Kong. There won’t be any kind of outrage about Hong Kong. Maybe outside, but not inside.

On topic: I look forward to BlizzCon but I am not excited, hyped or whatever.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm exited about the new mobile games.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!