Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I'm on 223 KC for invincible. You will have no sympathy from me.
    Dude, I have over 600 kills and still no Invincible.

How do i do that to keep running ICC every week for years now? Well I rly rly want this mount...

Quote Originally Posted by Yggnoth View Post
    Dude, I have over 600 kills and still no Invincible.

How do i do that to keep running ICC every week for years now? Well I rly rly want this mount...
    I started doing ICC MOUNT-BOOST runs at level 85 on my DK with a fixed ID, saw a mount drop every ~20-25 ID's. 85-solo-DK kills with 1 dead buyer was a great and easy way to farm for the mount, because you did not have to share the drop.

AFAIK the real unlucky ones on wowhead with trusted kills took 50-60 ID's of consecutive kills to see 1 mount drop.

Could you post your tracked 600 kills, because it is really hard to believe what you say. People claim many times insane numbers for no drop and when I checked their armory, many times the amount of kills were in the single digits.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-10-16 at 04:22 PM.
    -

My solution is I gave up on Invincible as soon as I saw its drop rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Farmed it for years on and off. Sometime I'll forget by being too distracted. Got Shadowmourn 3 times before I finally got the mount.

Put on music or shows while running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I started doing ICC MOUNT-BOOST runs at level 85 on my DK with a fixed ID, saw a mount drop every ~20-25 ID's. 85-solo-DK kills with 1 dead buyer was a great and easy way to farm for the mount, because you did not have to share the drop.

AFAIK the real unlucky ones on wowhead with trusted kills took 50-60 ID's of consecutive kills to see 1 mount drop.

Could you post your tracked 600 kills, because it is really hard to believe what you say. People claim many times insane numbers for no drop and when I checked their armory, many times the amount of kills were in the single digits.

With pleasure. Characters are Yggnoth (Ragnaros EU), Doomforge (Ragnaros EU), Kelebdugolog (Ragnaros EU), Tryell (Ragnaros EU), Yotul (Ragnaros EU) - You can go to armory and check those stats by Yourself With only this 5 chars i have almost 500 kills. There are bounch of other characters on different relams with kills around 10 - 30. I do it for years now, week after week. Always between 2 - 5 kills a week. This is not a joke. I can't drop invincible for years now.

I cant post any links (fresh acc). Ill try to post you links in private message

Any advice?

EDIT. I cant post PMs either because my acc is too fresh. Kill counts (for chars mentioned above) atm are:
    Yggnoth (Ragnaros EU) - 45
    Doomforge (Ragnaros EU) - 107
    Kelebdugolog (Ragnaros EU) - 183
    Tryell (Ragnaros EU) - 93
    Yotul (Ragnaros EU) - 41 kills
    Last edited by Yggnoth; 2019-10-17 at 05:36 AM.

Just go in there and pick up the mount, not that hard :P

I dont farm for mounts, but did 1 full clear back in 2016 and got Invincible, Ashes and Pureblood Firehawk in 1 hour.

I used to run ICC weekly with 6-8 different characters every week troughout Legion. I ran the place while doing other stuff at the same time, like watching movies or chat to some people. The mount is definately worth it, still my favorite one yet. Also used to run Ulduar for Mimiron's Head whichI got a lot sooner. I think with all my runs combined, I would have at least 300 Lich King kills.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    No, you have seperate lockouts per alt and cannot log into the same account multiple times at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you are going for Invincible... I think?
    wtf you talking about? YES, you can bring your alts to the last boss, you just need to kill all bosses prior to LK, create a pre made group for it, log out of your main, log in on your alt, join that premade, log back into your main, accept it, log back out, log back in on your alt,enter ICC and get prompted to enter a run where previous bosses have been killed, then its GG, rinse and repeat this for any other alt you have

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    No, you have seperate lockouts per alt and cannot log into the same account multiple times at once.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a trick at some point, don't think it works anymore.

Basically you had to clear up to LK on normal on a char, then get an alt in the same party and enter ICC, you'd be in a normal with only LK left, then kick your main from the party and convert it to heroic while inside (with your main outside). You were now in a heroic with only LK and your main would not get saved.
    IIRC this got "fixed" when they updated lockouts for older raids.

Shadowmourne only takes a few clears and if you want the mount you can just farm it on different armor types after you collected the transmogs to get even more transmongs haha.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-10-17 at 10:04 AM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    There was a trick at some point, don't think it works anymore.
    While it was lucrative to boost ICC mount runs (~85, Cataclysm) you could just clear HEROIC till LK on your gate-char and just invite they buyer into the raid, log to your main, get invited in your own HC raid and just kill LK-HC. Your gate-char got still the non-cleared raid ID and you could simply extend your gate-char ID every week.

Nothing strange was needed, just a simple raid-ID extend on your gate-char.

The solo part as a DK made it really easy for people who wanted the mount, since otherwise most 5-man groups had a really hard time and many pugs went for 10+ players and thats the point why people payed good amount of gold for a solo-kill (2-man).
    -

I have 470 Deathwing kills and no lifebinder OR blazing drake drop. Cry me a river OP

make a skip to the lich king after completing the raid once. ezpz
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    make a skip to the lich king after completing the raid once. ezpz
    I honestly wish they'd do this. Just put a teleporter at the start of old instances for max level characters to go to the final boss. But they won't, gotta buff that time played.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo9999 View Post
    To be fair, while I agree he worded it stupidly, like an angry kid. Adding these mounts to the store is pointless, and seeing other gamers happily
    asking for more MTX is worrying. If that mount is in the store? Big deal, someone has the money to waste on buying it. If you actually had to work and/or get lucky
    to get it dropped (or have played and got some luck when current content), atleast it still has some prestige associated with it.
    To be fair Invincible is technically already a MTX, considering you can purchase it off the BMAH which is usually bought with gold you have purchased through the Shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I honestly wish they'd do this. Just put a teleporter at the start of old instances for max level characters to go to the final boss. But they won't, gotta buff that time played.
    I agree, this is really needed for other raids too like SoO and Dragon Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Be thankful it isn't Dragon Soul.

Fucking Blazing Drake.
    If it makes you feel better, I got Blazing Drake and Life-Binder's Handmaiden from the same kill back when DS was current.

Note: I am neither a mount collector nor an achievement whore.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    I've been doing ICC about every week now doing quests or gathering mog for months.

I'm actually honestly kind of getting burnt out on it since it's the only raid I do weekly on my DK.

I have just ten shadowfrost shards to go, seeing as I finished collecting the DK set... how the hell do you guys manage to do this every week for years?

Tips would be greatly appreciated.
    As others have already said, I don't think running ICC every week is something very common.

I am even surprised that are people at all farming tmogs there, considering the very outdated textures.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Well to be clear here, all this easy old raid farming is a game design mistake that shouldn't have ever happened. Them not caring about this is already bad enough, but doubling down on it would be just stupid. If anything, they should in the future use their scaling tech and scale all raids to max level to prevent this from ever happening again (and also add more and updated items).

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Nah - just need to run it 10 or 15 times max for that

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    As others have already said, I don't think running ICC every week is something very common.

I am even surprised that are people at all farming tmogs there, considering the very outdated textures.
    The Warrior, DK, and Shaman sets in there look quite good and still hold up today IMO. Some of the weapons are also good, like the 1h axes.

But yeah, the main stars are Shadowmourne and Invincible of course.

Anyone complaining about ICC or DS has never farmed for Tusks of Mannoroth. I also kill Nalak about 30 times a week for...I don't know, a couple years now, and still nothing. But at least thats over and done with as long as I log into each character.