Thread: Is the game....

Is the game....

As good as the cinematics? Those are awesome but is the game worth it?!

That's pretty subjective, I'd say yes but there are people who'd say otherwise.

You could always wait for the occasional discount or even free trial weekend if you're unsure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're just asking about the graphics, they're pretty damn good even when running the game well below the max settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

If you like a proper FPS, then no this is not your cup of tea.
    Got suckered into buying this by friends saying it was a good game.
    It's not...to me that is, i like my fps to be an actual fps, not some moba inspired neon colored Sunday morning cartoon.

Also remember every hunter using strength weapons, the mouth breather that backpedaled in raids, the healer who drinks to full and loots a mob, as your MT is dying.
    The "omg this lag" nublet. The "clicker" and the screaming drama queen that sounded like obesity given shape.

They all play this game now.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2019-10-20 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    It's not...to me that is, i like my fps to be an actual fps, not some moba inspired neon colored Sunday morning cartoon.

Also remember every hunter using strength weapons, the mouth breather that backpedaled in raids, the healer who drinks to full and loots a mob, as your MT is dying.
    The "omg this lag" nublet. The "clicker" and the screaming drama queen that sounded like obesity given shape.

Which just means, to me at least, that the game offers various different heroes / classes you could say that are suited for a huge range of varying skill levels, if your aim is shit - there is still hope and a bunch of characters for you, also a bunch you should definitely avoid unless you want to practice your aim and frustrate others :P

Definitely the only FPS in many many years that kept my playing for hours on end. That being said, depending on the character you're playing there is probably not going to be a huge chance of carrying an entire team. From what I've seen only a select few can come close to that, like for instance, Genji.

Good lord, "most likely to be an insufferable edgelord" in the yearbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Good lord, "most likely to be an insufferable edgelord" in the yearbook.
    Have you tried being less of a cunt?, it will allow you to see the funny.

The cinematics are very story-driven and character centric. The game is the total opposite of that. The cinematics firmly establish 2 factions at war with several renegades thrown in, the game does not have anything like that. It's just group based PvP and every hero can group with any other.

If you enjoy the cinemtics because of the story they establish the game will probably disappoint you.
    If you enjoy the cinematics because of how characters look and which abilities they use the game will be fine for you.

Have you tried being less of a cunt?, it will allow you to see the funny.
    While I'm not going to insult you, the post was far from funny. You just insulted a bunch of players with stereotypes and gave a negative reflection of the game without any comedic value...

OT:

The game is a lot of fun. It's not your typical FPS, which it never has tried to be, but that's what makes it fun. There are heroes to fit pretty much everyones play style and nearly all of them are fairly easy to pick up, with a few being tricky to master. If you like games like CS:GO and that's only the type of FPS game style you'd want, then I'd say give it a miss. If you're into something a bit more flexible and forgiving, then it's definitely worth playing. I've been playing since the beta and I still play now. If I want some quick, fun games I play Overwatch. If I want a bit more serious, classic FPS, I play CS:GO.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is fun with a group of people. There are also a lot of game modes, specifically the creator made ones,
    that can further extend your enjoyment.

On the competitive side...well, that's a whole other can of worms.