Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No. Basically Blizzard themselves up and admitted 1.12 was the earliest build they had on record. Classic cannot recreate the community of 2005. People these days are far more clued up on the game and the pace of play is much quicker these days. Can you seriously be stupid enough to blame Blizzard for that?
    Didn't blame Blizzard for it. Only the layering have had have notifications in my head, since that's not a w word people used back then. As you said:

Layering abuse pure sucks and we all saw it coming but Blizzard still didn't take the threat seriously. But Blizzard did release a statement confirming that most of the layer abuse images we'd seen floating around (like banks full of arcane crystals) were indeed fakes, and in all fairness they did administer lots of bans. But honestly, without layering the game would have been unplayable. More servers? Would've been a worse idea. They might have added a few too many realms as is...
    Yes, More serves as they've been doing so far. How in the fuck does not Blizzard/Activision have resources ?

So, now I'm actually blaming Blizzard for such a stupid move.

It's not only the players, It's also the producers.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    According to what source?
    According to the fact that the record for level 60 was 4 days 20 hours played in pre-tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Obviously no bans incoming as it was 6 weeks ago, you're trying to start drama.

The world first race has always included "clever use of game mechanics" in ways that have often been hotfixed after the top raiders take advantage of them. Classic example is Paragon on Nefarian where druids did way too much dps, which was hotfixed after the world first kill.

It's not a big deal. Congrats to them, doesn't affect anyone else, and trying to regulate it is foolhardy.
    Thank you.

So, lets get this shit turned around again, and again and again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't blame Blizzard for it. Only the layering have had have notifications in my head, since that's not a w word people used back then. As you said:

Yes, More serves as they've been doing so far. How in the fuck does not Blizzard/Activision have resources ?

So, now I'm actually blaming Blizzard for such a stupid move.

It's not only the players, It's also the producers.

Thank you.
    More servers would have been a disaster.

Thank you.
    Gods, just signing off my posts with Thank You makes me feel like a smarmy git. But your attitude, it stinks. You came into this thread feeling confrontational from the get-go. So now I'm going to lower myself to your level and return the favour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    According to the fact that the record for level 60 was 4 days 20 hours played in pre-tbc

Inb4 the OP chips in saying "This has to be a fake! Nobody in those days could do such a thing! It's a big Blizzard conspiracy!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Thank you.

So, lets get this shit turned around again, and again and again...
    It's not hard to get to lv 60 in /played 7 hours or less and doesn't require layer abuse/dungeon grinding. I'd suggest stop wasting time on forums if you feel like you're getting there slower than others.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

But your attitude, it stinks.
    Indeed his does.

More servers would have been a disaster.
    How exactly?

Thank you.
    Gods, just signing off my posts with Thank You makes me feel like a smarmy git. But your attitude, it stinks. You came into this thread feeling confrontational from the get-go. So now I'm going to lower myself to your level and return the favour.
    - - - Updated - - -

So funny prejudices. Making ad hominems doesn't suit you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raids were heavily nerfed are not comparable to original raids. It's like comparing normal raid with mythic raid. So they did not require long pre-raid farm. Leveling with layer abuse, yeah, apparently it's not bannable offence. Classic launch is a joke. I, myself, warned you all that layering is a bad idea. Who listened to me? Not everyone. So here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    It's not hard to get to lv 60 in /played 7 hours or less and doesn't require layer abuse/dungeon grinding. I'd suggest stop wasting time on forums if you feel like you're getting there slower than others.

Thank you.
    Some people actually work and train and are social around and away from the computer. Try to get that from your basement when you're 40 year old virgin

We killed Ragnaros on September 11 in a realm-wide PUG with 2 people below level 60. It is easy, yes. You do not need 15 years of experience to roll through that instance.

However, that's not why I am here. I feel like people forgot that Apes only got to level 60 so fast because they exploited a bug that gave them MORE xp while in a raid instead of LESS xp. So they farmed 5man dungeons as 10 man. This bug was almost immediately fixed after they were done.

Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post
    We killed Ragnaros on September 11 in a realm-wide PUG with 2 people below level 60. It is easy, yes. You do not need 15 years of experience to roll through that instance.
    Well, of course it's easy after the history of 15 years of experience in the game. Retail or private - the mechanics are in the back of your head already.

However, that's not why I am here. I feel like people forgot that Apes only got to level 60 so fast because they exploited a bug that gave them MORE xp while in a raid instead of LESS xp. So they farmed 5man dungeons as 10 man. This bug was almost immediately fixed after they were done.
    So they did exploid the system as people are still in the biggest serves.

GG, Blizzard and gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and raids consisting out of 20 mages.

never forget about this reason
    sorry but this isnt the reason. if the game launched on 1.1 with 1.1 talents, skills, gear, everything like it was in vanilla (not to even mention layer and raid xp bug exploiting), instead of killing rag they would have been struggling to solo normal quests in arathi, a rag kill would have been a month away or more.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2019-10-20 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. Very true.

But what about the layering abusing? How did people hit 60 within a week? No matter what class.

They kept running raids in dungeons and getting more exp than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    It was possible because the content is piss easy.
    Regardless content being easy, 1-60 in 1 week, unless it means 7*24 of /played hours (it would be still fast, 168 hours were nothing in Vanilla), it's still one hell of accomplishment, leveling in Classic i slow beyond imagination.

This. Very true.

But what about the layering abusing? How did people hit 60 within a week? No matter what class.
    people were hitting 60 on pservers without layering in 3 days.. so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    They kept running raids in dungeons and getting more exp than intended.
    you can level to 60 super quick without running any dungeons besides running them for some quests

This. Very true.

While there was some layer abuse happening...it's always been possible to hit 60 in a week.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    people were hitting 60 on pservers without layering in 3 days.. so

- - - Updated - - -

you can level to 60 super quick without running any dungeons besides running them for some quests
    HOW?

Link PLZ- What quests and by what sleep times? Obviously seems like not possible without a backup help.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Raids were heavily nerfed are not comparable to original raids. It's like comparing normal raid with mythic raid. So they did not require long pre-raid farm. Leveling with layer abuse, yeah, apparently it's not bannable offence. Classic launch is a joke. I, myself, warned you all that layering is a bad idea. Who listened to me? Not everyone. So here we go.
    They weren't nerfed tho. Also, everyone expressed doubts about layering after it became clear that you can just hop between layers as you like

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post
    They weren't nerfed tho. Also, everyone expressed doubts about layering after it became clear that you can just hop between layers as you like
    They were nerfed during vanilla lifetime. Also they were implicitly nerfed by reworking talents and gear. Currently you're doing like 2x DPS compared to 2004 year, just from new talents and gear.

So,

How was this even possible? Layering? Abusing the system and why are they still running around with the drops?

Ragnaros down after two weeks?

Really a serious question: how they did it and how does the layering system can be abused?

Any banns incoming?
    You're late to the party.

Also they got the levels from raid groups XP bug that didn't reduce xp people received in raid groups so they did mage aoe grinds.
    S.H.

HOW?

Link PLZ- What quests and by what sleep times? Obviously seems like not possible without a backup help.
    Joana did it in 4 days in vanilla so I am pretty sure people have been able to tweak it during the 15 years since Joana did it.

3 days seem possible to me. Also, it’s played time. Not actual time. Even if it was, playing for 3 days straight isn’t that tough.