I would honeslty not put much stock into any leaks beyond those coming out right before anyways.
    Given that real leaks have only surfaced hours before the actual announcement we can infer that whoever is leaking it is probably not part of the regular writing staff, or specifically the ones in charge of the announcements, which given teh secrecy is probably only a select few.

My guess is previous leaks comes from the pre-Blizzcon briefing for the staff, most of them choose to stay quiet because leaking the expansion a couple hours in advance isnt really worth potentially losing your job, and most likely future in any game-related workplaces beyond startups or indies.

Only 2 weeks until Blizzcon, so i guess someone should start considering a bingo card.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well legit leaks are normally pretty fucking vague. I'm not certain, but I seem to remember that the BFA leak didn't even mention Kul Tiras or Zandalar. It was just faction war and azerite. And the title.
    IIRC the guy didn't even know WoW, so a lot was pretty inaccurately described. Mistaking Warfronts for PvP features and so on.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or are the leaks getting worse the closer we get to Blizzcon. If someone wanted to drop the truth I think now would be the time, it'll easily be lost amongst all this clutter.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is it just me or are the leaks getting worse the closer we get to Blizzcon. If someone wanted to drop the truth I think now would be the time, it'll easily be lost amongst all this clutter.
    If a leak happens, it will happen closer to Blizzcon. Usually leaks are just people getting the Blizzcon Presentation somehow. It usually never is an inside leak.

Firstly, leaks this time around are probably not going to be as out there as previoiusly because of the lack of believable themes to explore. We are pretty much limited to death, or dragon in a pinch.
    Secondly, the leaks that are true are the short and vague ones released closest to Blizzcon, so the closer we get to the actual announcement the more short and "boring" leaks we will get.

We live in a post-leak world because of how old WoW is and how many chapters have already been closed, which means each new story beat is highly telegraphed. That's why the content of 90% of leaks are identical or slight variations.

Back in the days of 3.0 or 4.0 there was a treasure trove of "what comes next?!" potential. But now we've seen most core lore areas and have squandered a lot of their potential already and as a result there's only a handful of candidates we haven't already passed. K'aresh, Dragon Isles, Shadowlands... That's why there's more noise than ever about leaks and so much clamoring for reworks. Most of the actual locations have been spent. Chronicle telegraphed the future even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    We live in a post-leak world because of how old WoW is and how many chapters have already been closed, which means each new story beat is highly telegraphed. That's why the content of 90% of leaks are identical or slight variations.

Back in the days of 3.0 or 4.0 there was a treasure trove of "what comes next?!" potential. But now we've seen most core lore areas and have squandered a lot of their potential already and as a result there's only a handful of candidates we haven't already passed. K'aresh, Dragon Isles, Shadowlands... That's why there's more noise than ever about leaks and so much clamoring for reworks. Most of the actual locations have been spent. Chronicle telegraphed the future even harder.
    I think after MoP, WoD, and legion (broken isles as a continent), it is a bit silly to assume that the unexpected will not happen tbh

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are pretty shit this season. Maybe also why there is no hype much. If we are to assume the legit one is out I would list them according to possibility:

1. The Eternal Shadow

2. Endbringer

3. Ashes of Azeroth

999. All the rest

PS: It will definitely not be called Realm of Shadows

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are pretty shit this season. Maybe also why there is no hype much. If we are to assume the legit one is out I would list them according to possibility:

1. The Eternal Shadow

2. Endbringer

3. Ashes of Azeroth

999. All the rest

PS: It will definitely not be called Realm of Shadows
    Honestly I don't think the real leak has come out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    But hurr durr jericho hurr durr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    But hurr durr jericho hurr durr
    Something Jericho's been saying has been bugging me. I don't think he has information this time around, or if he does he's throwing in speculation to pad it out.

When he talks about features it sounds believable. When he starts talking about the metaphysics of Ny'alotha, the Shadowlands, the Emerald Dream, and the Titans it starts to get cluttered and fall apart. Statements like "Sargeras cannot manifest in our world" and claiming that Eonar is corrupted by the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I think after MoP, WoD, and legion (broken isles as a continent), it is a bit silly to assume that the unexpected will not happen tbh
    Pandaria was part of that period of time I mentioned where more was on the table, if you paid attention. Pandaria itself wasnt a surprise to EVENTUALLY show up, though, to anyone who had a base comprehension of WoW's setting and its tone ("lol kung fu panda" trasheaters need not apply). It was even on the fake leak list as far back as 2007.

Draenor Set

Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
    Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
    The Deadlands - 63 to 67
    Nagrand - 64 to 68
    Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
    Netherstorm - 67 to 70
    Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

Northrend Set

Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
    Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
    Dragonblight - 69 to 72
    Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
    Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
    Zul'drak - 73 to 76
    Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
    Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
    Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

Maelstrom Set

Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

Plane Set

Pandaria - 1 to 10
    Hiji - 10 to 20

Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

Legion Set

K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++
    WoD got a terrible reception BECAUSE it was a surprise...not that surprises are bad, but because it didnt gel with the direction of the story at all and felt like filler, as all evidence was on the Legion being the upcoming primary threat with Wrathion working the events for that purpose and foreshadowing it heavily.

And that leaves us with...Legion, which literally everyone saw coming eventually or was outright told to us (Illidan, a big Legion resurgence, etc.). The biggest surprise of Legion was them dragging their feet before getting it to us as late as it was after they foreshadowed them. Broken Isles being a huge connected cluster may have been a hard left but going there was still inevitable given its history.

So yeah...it's not impossible 9.0 will involve, I dunno, Tel'Abim being 8 zones big and a continent ALL ALLONG retcon where we actually fight time traveling lizard pirates and THEN we get the Death/Void/whatever shit in 10.0. But what I'm saying is, it's not seen as a good thing if so and I hope they learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Pandaria was part of that period of time I mentioned where more was on the table, if you paid attention. Pandaria itself wasnt a surprise to EVENTUALLY show up, though, to anyone who had a base comprehension of WoW's setting and its tone ("lol kung fu panda" trasheaters need not apply). It was even on the fake leak list as far back as 2007.

WoD got a terrible reception BECAUSE it was a surprise...not that surprises are bad, but because it didnt gel with the direction of the story at all and felt like filler, as all evidence was on the Legion being the upcoming primary threat with Wrathion working the events for that purpose and foreshadowing it heavily.

And that leaves us with...Legion, which literally everyone saw coming eventually or was outright told to us (Illidan, a big Legion resurgence, etc.). The biggest surprise of Legion was them dragging their feet before getting it to us as late as it was after they foreshadowed them. Broken Isles being a huge connected cluster may have been a hard left but going there was still inevitable given its history.

So yeah...it's not impossible 9.0 will involve, I dunno, Tel'Abim being 8 zones big and a continent ALL ALLONG retcon where we actually fight time traveling lizard pirates and THEN we get the Death/Void/whatever shit in 10.0. But what I'm saying is, it's not seen as a good thing if so and I hope they learned their lesson.
    That table isn't an actual leak. It's hilarious when people still post it when the author came out about it over a decade ago on Allakhazam where it was originally posted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    That table isn't an actual leak. It's hilarious when people still post it when the author came out about it over a decade ago on Allakhazam where it was originally posted.
    The person that posted it said in his first paragraph that he knows its fake... he was just mentioning how even Pandaland was predictable content.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Something Jericho's been saying has been bugging me. I don't think he has information this time around, or if he does he's throwing in speculation to pad it out.

When he talks about features it sounds believable. When he starts talking about the metaphysics of Ny'alotha, the Shadowlands, the Emerald Dream, and the Titans it starts to get cluttered and fall apart. Statements like "Sargeras cannot manifest in our world" and claiming that Eonar is corrupted by the Void.
    Thething here is that people tend to assume that Jericho was right once, and that clearly hte same applies to now, because it is the same guy.

However, if he was right the last time then Blizzard had a leak, and given how difficult gleaning new expansions if until hours before the the actual announcement we can assume that the announcement is kept under lock and key, and the few that knows are sanctioned with a heavy NDA, which rational people will not break when their cushy job is on the line.

Presumably someone leaked the announcement to Jericho directly, or through someeone he knew, after which that person most likely got fired.

Beyond that though, BfA was leaked by another user, and him and Jericho seem to be "leaking" wildly different things. So one of them has to be wrong, and even then odds are both are using their previous leak to lend credibility to shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    The person that posted it said in his first paragraph that he knows its fake... he was just mentioning how even Pandaland was predictable content.
    Thank you. I was about to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Ehh, his post is from 18th of September...if google is correct, we got patch notes (which announced end of warcampaign) at 17th of September...so how are his predictions right? The Sylvanas part was clear from the start of BfA, 'cause Blizz already stated, that she won't be warchief by the end of the expac anymore.
    That's what I thought, but then I remembered that all of the War Campaign stuff was encrypted. No one knew what the cutscenes were, or anything about the aftermath until the patch hit on September 24th, and Blizzard uploaded the cinematics right after it went out. (Remember some people were speculating that some older cinematics would be put in game due to the new cutscenes' length?)

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any google doc of all the leaks that might be plausible (AKA not obviously a troll) like we had last time around that we could use in our signatures to be able to quickly reference them?

I know there was wan maintained during a portion of the 8.0 hypethread that was useful. If not I'll try to mock something up tomorrow after work.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

3+ Year Old Account
    Me neither. But it did, this is my list

10+ Year Old Account
    Me neither. But it did, this is my list
    Eyyy you're back.