Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Please stop with the "Hellfire" DK

Look, Bolvar got engulfed by Alexstrasza's lifebringing flame breath, which doesn't have much to do with hell, does it? It's a "redeeming flame" more akin to holy or nature, if anything. Just because DK's are often considered damned souls, does not mean that their future has ANYTHING to do with "Hellfire." I understand this is mostly a colloquial term, but it is simply incorrect.
    Hellfire: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=87481/hellfire

For a long time now, the Burning Legion, Sargeras and the Twisting Nether have been the WoW equivalent of demons, Satan and Hell. Demonology warlocks use Hellfire. It's a demon thing, it's fel magic.

Please, stop with the Hellfire Death Knights.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2019-10-22 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    Look, Bolvar got engulfed by Alexstrasza's lifebringing flame breath, which doesn't have much to do with hell, does it? It's a "redeeming flame" more akin to holy or nature, if anything. Just because DK's are often considered damned souls, does not mean that their future has ANYTHING to do with "Hellfire." I understand this is mostly a colloquial term, but it is infuriatingly wrong.

For a long time now, the Burning Legion, Sargeras and the Twisting Nether have been the WoW equivalent of demons, Satan and Hell. Demonology warlocks use Hellfire. It's a demon thing, it's fel magic.

Dragonfire Death Knights ?

I actually would like a fire based dk. Could have some nice dark souls aesthetic, I want the spec to be called Cinder.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    fire spec's already taken and Dragonfire isn't deathy enough.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Look, Bolvar got engulfed by Alexstrasza's lifebringing flame breath, which doesn't have much to do with hell, does it? It's a "redeeming flame" more akin to holy or nature, if anything. Just because DK's are often considered damned souls, does not mean that their future has ANYTHING to do with "Hellfire." I understand this is mostly a colloquial term, but it is infuriatingly wrong.

People are fucking goofy, they wont stop =(

Scourge was created by Burning Legion and the Lich King was created by Kil´jaeden. DK is originally part of the scourge.

Makes your whole argument invalid.

5+ Year Old Account
    As cool as it would look visually it doesn’t make sense.

Undead and fire don’t mix well.

Hellfire knight is just a fel knight.

So blizzard add a Hell Knight class! Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    By what exactly? Fire Mage? Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Restoration Druid, Restoration Shaman, Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior say hello. Don't let a single word limit your imagination ^^ And Dragonfire is one of the most deadly kinds of fire on Azeroth, mind you.

OT: Hellfire DK. Not stopping. We want it.

I mean... DK's experienced death, that has a lot to do with hell. Who's to say where the fire came from but it's not impossible that it just could be an elemental thing, or something Bolvar experienced and taught. Doesn't have to be fel. Plus if it was fel, wouldn't the skill itself say it? You know, the one you linked.

This is the first time I've heard of it, thanks for enlightening me because this spec sure as hell sounds way more appealing than tinkerers to me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Plenty of games, mythologies and fantasy settings where undeads are fire related. Heck, just look at Diablo.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Plenty of games, mythologies and fantasy settings where undeads are fire related. Heck, just look at Diablo.
    That’s great but WoW isn’t those games.

Closest WoW has is those undead covered in fel fire in broken isles.

So fire undead is a Demon fel knight thing.

Not a Northrend frozen undead thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just look at the Headless Horseman during the current Hallow’s End. Green fel flame and all.

This is the first I've heard, or rather read, about it. So how do you expect me to stop something I haven't even begun doing?

Okay then: New class; Dragonknight!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu View Post
    Scourge was created by Burning Legion and the Lich King was created by Kil´jaeden. DK is originally part of the scourge.

Makes your whole argument invalid.
    Not really, considering the distinction that has been made between Chaos and Death. Sure, the two were intermingled thanks to the Nathrezim, but it doesn't invalidate what I'm saying especially when you throw dragonfire back into the mix.

It's not that I don't like the idea of a "flame knight" thematically, but I don't think the current state of Bolvar implies "Hellfire." He was a paragon of the Holy Light, got covered in purifying dragon fire. Doesn't make sense for the flames of chaos to be involved.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2019-10-20 at 07:24 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Dragonfire Death Knights ?
    That actually sounded a bit cool xD

10+ Year Old Account
    If anythin DK would be dragon-based spec.

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Okay then: New class; Dragonknight!
    Yeah we can make it short and just call em DK.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    taken by who?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, this could actually be amazing. Bolvar using the powers of the lich king + the fires engulfing him to create a new breed of death knights would be really interesting.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=26593/serinar
    quests from this guy want to have a hot conversation with you. also this guy https://www.wowhead.com/npc=37973/pr...ities:mode=n25

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    I mean... DK's experienced death, that has a lot to do with hell. Who's to say where the fire came from but it's not impossible that it just could be an elemental thing, or something Bolvar experienced and taught. Doesn't have to be fel. Plus if it was fel, wouldn't the skill itself say it? You know, the one you linked.

This is the first time I've heard of it, thanks for enlightening me because this spec sure as hell sounds way more appealing than tinkerers to me.
    well Bolvar was killed by Blight, and burned by Dragon fire of life (red dragons). They just "cleansed" blight in his body, but the result... well