Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not a clear and obvious error.
    If that's not a clear and obvious error then I don't know what is.

How is not giving a foul on a kick at the back of the leg not clear and obvious fuck up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Either way the implementation of VAR in the PL is just utterly stupid.

While I think that it was a foul, isn't there a rule that says that it has to be a clear misjudgment on the field for VAR to change it. That I think is good because otherwise VAR would be able to influence a lot more and it's better to keep the decisions from the field if there is any kind of uncertainty IMO. I like VAR (as a Bayern fan I'm obliged to due to Real Madrid's existence) but a lot of improvements are still needed.

What's the fucking point of VAR if the people using it are so biased

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If that's not a clear and obvious error then I don't know what is.

How is not giving a foul on a kick at the back of the leg not clear and obvious fuck up?
    Because if you give a free kick for every single kick on the back of someones leg, you never actually play football. It's not there to re-referee the game, it was seen, it was not deemed serious enough (indeed the player made the absolute most of it going down), and play went on.

It happens a lot, and doesn't usually end in a goal. You can't disallow it and bring it all the way back just because it did this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    While I think that it was a foul, isn't there a rule that says that it has to be a clear misjudgment on the field for VAR to change it. That I think is good because otherwise VAR would be able to influence a lot more and it's better to keep the decisions from the field if there is any kind of uncertainty IMO. I like VAR (as a Bayern fan I'm obliged to due to Real Madrid's existence) but a lot of improvements are still needed.
    I'd say the opposite. We need decisions taken away from the human element. Machines are quicker than humans, can see better than humans. If anything the way to improve the VAR is to move away from the human element. Let the machines do the heavy work, we'd get a lot less wrong decisions made.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the opposite. We need decisions taken away from the human element. Machines are quicker than humans, can see better than humans. If anything the way to improve the VAR is to move away from the human element. Let the machines do the heavy work, we'd get a lot less wrong decisions made.
    It's still humans looking at the screens. If you take every decision off the referee on the pitch, you'd not be able to play the game.

I think the VAR-decision on the 1-0 goal is definitely one of those situations you'll see 10 times and it swings for/against maybe an even 5/5 split. We did get a bit lucky with that decision but on the other hand Liverpool mustered up I believe 1 shot on goal in second half which they scored. I'd say the 1-1 was pretty fair all in all. MU rose above the level of mediocrity and Liverpool had maybe their weakest game this season. If it wasn't for that moment of losing focus on the 1-1 goal, MU did pretty much execute their game plan perfectly.

I'm happy we could take a point from Liverpool but in the end it doesn't mean anything in the long run unless we follow it up with some good results. Norwich away next weekend is the type of game we could very well lose, and if we do then this point means nothing.
    Last edited by Zantera; 2019-10-20 at 06:03 PM.

Because if you give a free kick for every single kick on the back of someones leg, you never actually play football. It's not there to re-referee the game, it was seen, it was not deemed serious enough (indeed the player made the absolute most of it going down), and play went on.

It happens a lot, and doesn't usually end in a goal. You can't disallow it and bring it all the way back just because it did this time.
    yes you can, it doesn't matter if it happens 100 times a match, stop the match each time. Players will learn no to do it. Simple. ALL sport would be better if we fucking stopped hidind behind excuses and put in full tech and get as much to close as 100% correct decisions as possible, even if growing pains mean you have to start at 12 pm to get 6pm full time.

- - - Updated - - -

It's still humans looking at the screens. If you take every decision off the referee on the pitch, you'd not be able to play the game.
    Take away those humans as well. Let the machines make the decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes you can, it doesn't matter if it happens 100 times a match, stop the match each time. Players will learn no to do it. Simple. ALL sport would be better if we fucking stopped hidind behind excuses and put in full tech and get as much to close as 100% correct decisions as possible, even if growing pains mean you have to start at 12 pm to get 6pm full time.
    It's a contact sport, you can't do it.

Take away those humans as well. Let the machines make the decisions.
    So now you're basically just trolling. Okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see the match, did United actually play semi-decent or did Liverpool just flop today?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Didn't see the match, did United actually play semi-decent or did Liverpool just flop today?
    We played decent by our standards, kinda set up similar to the Mourinho days with 5 at the back (AWB and Young as wingbacks) going on the counter with Rash and James up front, but game was a combination of us playing one of our better games this season with Liverpool being invisible most of the game. No Salah didn't really help them either and they struggled to create clear cut chances. Result was pretty fair, Liverpool with more possession but struggling to create, we had a few decent chances on the counter.

I wanna say it was not that different to the 0-0 draw last year, one of those pretty boring draws overall. Game never really got that intense that you hope for in these big games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Thought United played well, especially in the first half.

Liverpool was missing something, especially in attack. Not having Salah certainly hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    We played well by our current standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent performance so far, deserve to be in front at halftime. Hope we can either step it up a bit more second half or atleast stop arsenal improving.

When we send Unai back to Seville I hope Pepe goes with him. Nearly smashed the TV when he missed that tap in. The new fucking Gervinho.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Honestly think we're in for a season where Arsenal, Man United and Spurs all miss out on CL football. Did not expect that going into the season at all.

Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai Sack Unai
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Been a while since I went for a good ArsenalFanTV and chill.