Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo won't go back to the same iteration of D2, not a chance. They might do things differently from D3 but stop propping up D2 like some paragon. Its a flawed game. We won't know anything until Blizzcon. Immortal will probably either be released in the next two months or next year and while nobody probably cares, at least acknowledge that it will be mentioned but I'm betting not like last year.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-10-20 at 07:15 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    That is a very strange thing to say about a dead game lol.. D3 literally only made money initially because of D2 epicness.

Don't shill too hard there.
    D3 sold 5 times as many copies as D2 on PC alone. Never mind sales from consoles. Sure, some of those sales will be new markets, but sales in new markets won't have been able to rely on existing D2 fans.

You can argue about how good it was, especially before Reaper of Souls, but it certainly wasn't a flop.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Diablo won't go back to the same iteration of D2, not a chance. They might do things differently from D3 but stop propping up D2 like some paragon. Its a flawed game.
    Nostalgia is hell level strength drug.

Bet Diablo: Immortals going to be released on Blizzcon weekend, but it won't be a major announcement but a cursory mentioning at Blizzcon's opening ceremony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    None of us were waiting for Diablo 3 when it finally launched, either. Whether or not people get excited will depend on what is revealed!
    What? Were you not around for launch week of D3? People were definitely waiting for D3 when it finally launched, so many people were attempting to play that it took Blizzard over a week to get the servers somewhat stable.

Now D3 was pretty awful at launch thanks to the loot system being designed around the RMAH, but that doesn't change that there was a massive amount of hype around the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Bet Diablo: Immortals going to be released on Blizzcon weekend, but it won't be a major announcement but a cursory mentioning at Blizzcon's opening ceremony.
    It depends how people are feeling, but one possible option if it's ready would be to release it at Blizzcon, and try and get people to try it whilst queuing for stuff. Also don't try and hide from what happened last year. Something like "if any of you guys have phones, you can try Immortal out right now while waiting in line". This only works if it's after a major D4 announcement though. Doing it without any D4 news would likely be a bad idea.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Diablo IV its a Diablo 2 Remastered =)
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, is any of you still excited about it? I mean after last year, I am not even waiting for it. Even if we get an announcement, it will probably be a very early one with little to show.
    Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. Not because of the announcements, but because of all the clusterfuck and controversies that surround them.

If it will do well in China than its got a chance in hell.

But when it comes to Blizzard since about 2010 I have come to live by a simple slogan: "Don't get your hopes up".

That is a very strange thing to say about a dead game lol.. D3 literally only made money initially because of D2 epicness.

You're trying way too hard here, just stop already. D3 sold a mountain of copies, and for a non-monetized game, it did very well for them. This 4chan "shill" insult stuff is boring and childish, you can like something without being a "shill".

Diablo 3 sold millions of copies each year after its release, I don’t know what you’re even about. The game was not only successful because of the D2 epicness. D3 is a fantastic game by itself and there’s a reason why it sold what, 40 or 50 million copies as of now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    What? Were you not around for launch week of D3? People were definitely waiting for D3 when it finally launched, so many people were attempting to play that it took Blizzard over a week to get the servers somewhat stable.

Now D3 was pretty awful at launch thanks to the loot system being designed around the RMAH, but that doesn't change that there was a massive amount of hype around the game.
    Posters here are tying themselves into pretzels here trying to come up with ways to demonize anything Blizzard these days. It's what's killing any interest I have in the discussions here, it's just mindless dogpiling here.

I'm cautiously interested in the next iteration of Diablo. I played 1,2 and 3 extensively. I'd like 4 to be good. (No interest in Immortal, I hate phones, why would I game on one?) But like most things these days, I keep my expectations low, and hope for the best. Like for the Dark Crystal tv show, I kept my expectations low, but they did a fantastic job on it. I've gotten burned too many times in the past to blindly buy into anything anymore. I used to buy anything Fallout, without questions, but after 76, my expectations are so low, I don't know if I even care anymore.

The only reason I'm not on the Diablo hype train is I don't know what the current team is capable of - most of the heavy hitters for the Diablo franchise who made it what it is are gone. We'll see. I'm interested in seeing what they have. Then I'll wait and see how it plays. I want it to be good.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2019-10-20 at 08:06 PM.

Diablo 2 purists aren't going to like Diablo 4, I can tell you that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Diablo 3 sold millions of copies each year after its release, I don’t know what you’re even about. The game was not only successful because of the D2 epicness. D3 is a fantastic game by itself and there’s a reason why it sold what, 40 or 50 million copies as of now.
    Some of these sales were propped up by consoles, etc. Diablo 3 was a financially successful game that appealed to a wide audience, but it was not successful amongst ARPG purists -- theoretically the people they game was targeted at. Blizzard seems to agree with this because they abandoned it after one expansion.

Edit: As soon as they killed Cain in the lamest way imaginable, I knew I was in for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    Some of these sales were propped up by consoles, etc. Diablo 3 was a financially successful game that appealed to a wide audience, but it was not successful amongst ARPG purists -- theoretically the people they game was targeted at. Blizzard seems to agree with this because they abandoned it after one expansion.

Edit: As soon as they killed Cain in the lamest way imaginable, I knew I was in for disappointment.
    You shoved the goalposts so hard, you broke them. Now everything has to appease a micro-community of "purists" for a game to be considered successful? Financial success isn't really success? Really? Remember the pretzel thing I was talking about earlier?

Eh.. not really. With Blizzards philosophies it will just be an even more casual version of diablo 3. Just look at HoTS as an example of they want to design games. Keep Removing mechanics to make it "easier to learn" but it becomes unrecognizable to the genre.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-20 at 08:25 PM.

I'm pessimistic about the whole Diablo 4. It will most likely going to be announced at Blizzcon, but I fear of what it's going to be. It will probably still be a "action rpg" game. But apart from that, nothing is safe.

The main thing I'm concerned about is that Activision-Blizzard most-likely wants to turn Diablo into a bankable, game as a service, product. One of the reason Diablo 3 was "abandonned" early for other projects is that Diablo 3 simply doesn't offer anything to investors. Diablo 3 had record sells at launch, but let's not forgot, the idea was to have a real money auction house to keep the game as a healthy income source. The fact that they had to remove it early doesn't mean Blizz doesn't want to make money, it's just that Diablo 3 wasn't designed to have any mtx or other revenue streams. Something that is probably going to change come Diablo 4. And since I've hated every Blizz games that started this shit trend of selling you items, skins and whatever else, I fear this is going to taint my D4 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post

I think Blizzard is totally fine selling 50 million copies of a game while “ostracizing“ 1 million of hardcore Diablo fans.

Diablo 3 was incredibly successful, I think they couldn’t care less about some diehards that didn’t like it. It proved to be very popular even years after release. Was it perfect? No. But it’s a hella good game and if D4 is just half of that it will be another massive feat for them.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting that Immortal isn't included in the solicitation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    What if they said that Diablo 4 was Immortals. That wouldn't very exciting.
    We know from the various job listings that Diablo IV is a AAA PC game with a new engine.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Seems legit, especially considering Diablo Immortal is mostly reused art from D3 rather than something new that's worth putting into an artbook.
    Was going to mention that if nobody did. What we saw from Diablo Immortal is literally reused assets from Diablo III.