10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    yet somehow DR which is all about void and death is found in hunter... Not saying you've made that claim because I can't remember you doing so.

Frankly I think people are talking about gameplay. From what i've heard from peoples concepts it sounds like a hunter warlock combo gameplay wise.
    Dark Ranger is all about Void and Death since when? This talent almost made it to live servers, and it was in the Hunter class.

Clearly Blizzard has a different view of the Dark Ranger than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I personally dont buy into the notion of class skins.

Any concepts for a Necromancer class should go to the DK class. Blizzard also should return Black Arrow and re-create the Dark Ranger talent for Hunters, and give Forsaken an undead elf option. That should satisfy Sylvanas fans.
    dark ranger dont make sense for hunter still not mecha gnome makes no sense to be dark ranger aswell and mecha gnome, dark iron dwarf, lightforged draenei got a hunter class it can be a skin for night elves and blood elf but it does make sense to have that as a spec or ability anymore becus of alliance races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    dark ranger dont make sense for hunter still not mecha gnome makes no sense to be dark ranger aswell and mecha gnome, dark iron dwarf, lightforged draenei got a hunter class it can be a skin for night elves and blood elf but it does make sense to have that as a spec or ability anymore becus of alliance races
    Why doesn't Dark Ranger make sense for a Hunter? Nathanos at one point was a Hunter trainer, and their abilities aren't out of bounds of what Blizzard has traditionally given the Hunter class in past expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    The issue I see with adding tinkers as a druid skin is that things like bombs (especially timed ones) and turrets don't really translate well into druid abilities. I also don't see any reason for dps/healer tinker specs to use shapeshifts, and hots/dots don't strike me as a good fit for tech. We see the sort of effects that tech based spells have, and they are shields, channeled heals, healing turrets/bots, and primarily direct or ground damage effects.
    Well, I fully acknowledge it's not perfect. But I do think it's close enough that it will satisfy the majority of people.

You might not have turrets (nothing Druidish jumps out at me straight away to replicate that) but Force of Nature could be reskinned into a trio of robots.

Shapeshifts could just equal a "teleport" of additional gear onto the character. Giant weapons for DPS, a backpack with heal gun for heal spec.

Also, remember that visuals are just skin deep. We can make Druid abilities looks more techy without affecting the mechanics.

Also, weapon types and armor types aren't really suitable. Guns are a pretty big part of the fantasy that people have in mind, so wielding staves and maces in its place while wearing druid tier sets would make for a pretty weird looking tinker.
    Some compromise would be needed, but I feel that simply loosening the rules on transmog would let players turn the staff/mace into a gun and their armor to something more appropriate.

As a compromise, I suppose some would argue that it would fill some of the fantasy, but I don't see any point in doing that. There's more than enough inspiration to work with, it's a popular concept, and if the abilities didn't deliver on the fantasy many people won't be happy with the result. Some ideas, I have no doubt, could be added as class skins, but this one I just don't see working.
    The point here would be to allow multiple class fantasies within a single expansion. At launch you could have several class skins available (let's say Tinker using Druid, Necromancer using Warlock and Dark Ranger using Hunter) without the need to worry about mechanics or balance. It would be solely art and animation involved. It would mean that the Tinker could be done with a lot less work and implemented into the game without having to map out all of the complexities of adding a new class.

Dark Ranger is all about Void and Death since when? This talent almost made it to live servers, and it was in the Hunter class.

Clearly Blizzard has a different view of the Dark Ranger than you do.
    No they don't, because they remove those abilities or never put them into action... why? Probablyt because it's a bad idea.
    Clearly they share my view since they have been removed or never made into the game.

Your logic is backwards as usual. All those abilities show is "this doesn't fit hunters"...anyone can figure out why, even toddlers.

Also, since wc3 TFT when Dark Ranger neutral Hero was added. Skeleton minions and shadow spells, granted shadow isn't void, so that was a bad term to use. "since when have they been about death".... what a fucking joke.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-10-20 at 09:10 PM.

Why doesn't Dark Ranger make sense for a Hunter? Nathanos at one point was a Hunter trainer, and their abilities aren't out of bounds of what Blizzard has traditionally given the Hunter class in past expansions.
    i said night elf and blood elf can maby have it as a skin class thing but

alliance races like LIGHTFORGED Draenei and MEHCA-GNOME can both be hunter and dark ranger thing dont perfect sense with both of those and clearly lightforged draenei priest shadowspec needs a skin change

From what Jericho has said, we know this

- Tinker is the next released class (blatant hint)
    - Classes are being looked at to be released similarly to Allied Races. Not near future, more of a long term outlook
    - Druids are the only 4 spec class

I think its Class skins are gonna be the next big thing. Maybe not now, but definitely after the Tinker announcement for the next expansion. And it makes way more sense than 4th soec nonsense, considering its much easier to roll out the same base class with minor tweaks and call it new than it is to add 4th specs across the board and bloat the system beyond belief.

i said night elf and blood elf can maby have it as a skin class thing but

alliance races like LIGHTFORGED Draenei and MEHCA-GNOME can both be hunter and dark ranger thing dont perfect sense with both of those and clearly lightforged draenei priest shadowspec needs a skin change
    The thing is that the skin wouldn't have to be available to every race. They could very easily restrict the Dark Ranger skin and say: available to Forsaken, Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, Nightborne and Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    From what Jericho has said, we know this

- Tinker is the next released class (blatant hint)
    - Classes are being looked at to be released similarly to Allied Races. Not near future, more of a long term outlook
    - Druids are the only 4 spec class

I think its Class skins are gonna be the next big thing. Maybe not now, but definitely after the Tinker announcement for the next expansion. And it makes way more sense than 4th soec nonsense, considering its much easier to roll out the same base class with minor tweaks and call it new than it is to add 4th specs across the board and bloat the system beyond belief.
    Well, I disagree with class skins, but if it puts an end to the Necromancer and Dark Ranger nonsense, so be it.

Tinker inclusion makes sense. Especially after the Mechagnome announcement. You can't bring in a technology race into the game without a technology class.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The thing is that the skin wouldn't have to be available to every race. They could very easily restrict the Dark Ranger skin and say: available to Forsaken, Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves, Nightborne and Humans.
    i think void elf wuld be a void ranger then more closer to alleria windrunner nightborn wuld be in general ranger or arcane ranger with their lore
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-20 at 09:32 PM.

Well, I disagree with class skins, but if it puts an end to the Necromancer and Dark Ranger nonsense, so be it.

Tinker inclusion makes sense. Especially after the Mechagnome announcement. You can't bring in a technology race into the game without a technology class.
    Okay, let's not take it so far into hyperbole, Teriz. Of course you can introduce a tech race without introducing a tech class. They can simply... do that exact thing. And nothing would change.

Is there anyone who doesn’t want a tinker class still? Why are people so against this. It sounds like a cool and fitting concept.

i think void elf wuld be a void ranger then more closer to alleria windrunner nightborn wuld be in general ranger or arcane ranger with their lore
    I wouldn't add so much complexity to be honest, as I haven't seen people clamoring for those. If I were Blizzard I would try to get as much bang for my buck and explore the "most requested" class concepts as skins first.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Is there anyone who doesn’t want a tinker class still? Why are people so against this. It sounds like a cool and fitting concept.
    Everything ever will always have people who hate it. That's reality. Tastes are different. Also the internet is a bastion of contrariness for contrariness' sake.

Of course there are. There are people who feel it doesn't fit with their vision of the Warcraft universe. There are people that have strong preferences for other classes. There are people who prefer dark and edgy classes. There are people who dislike the strong Gnome and Goblin aesthetic...

I like the idea of Tinkers myself (minus the mech) but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to love it, or that their reasons for not loving it are invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Okay, let's not take it so far into hyperbole, Teriz. Of course you can introduce a tech race without introducing a tech class. They can simply... do that exact thing. And nothing would change.
    And next to no one will play that race, which would be a complete waste of resources.

And next to no one will play that race, which would be a complete waste of resources.
    I mean, it's not like that would be unheard of. It's not like Worgen has a class that really reflects their identity.

I wouldn't add so much complexity to be honest, as I haven't seen people clamoring for those. If I were Blizzard I would try to get as much bang for my buck and explore the "most requested" class concepts as skins first.
    the reason i said the ranger thing on void elf and nightborne is becus it wont make perfect sense since you lore in legion
    but this depends on next expansion if they add lore to make it work but right now only night elf and blood elf and undead works with the lore as a skin on dark ranger but we got lore on the night elf dark ranger that they joined the horde so not so sure for alliance it may be better to do dark ranger horde skin and void ranger alliance skin faction based skin wuld not be bad to be honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    You seem to think everyone who wants Dark Ranger or Ranger is a Sylvanas fan, this isn't true my highest lvl Horde character is lvl 71 I've played Alliance fr the last 15 years but I've always wanted a proper Ranger class which Hunter is not, Stop generalizing Tinkerboy.
    The game has a "proper Ranger class" though.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's not like that would be unheard of. It's not like Worgen has a class that really reflects their identity.
    I have no problem agreeing that the Worgen don't make much sense.

Not sure if trolling or we've reached the point where Tinker is considered a religion everyone should embrace.

The question should have been reverse. Why should a concept reminiscent of Wildstar and Disney take over the spot of the "new class addition" of a more serious class?

Everything should have its right place and time. I love Dark Knights in FFXIV, but I know they cannot be part of the Warcraft lore. Do you see me reaching 10k+ posts to crusade for it?

All I hope is for a fitting class next expansion. Despite me being a fan of Shadow-based classes, I could live without one IF the expansion is not headed that direction. If the next expansion is indeed a Death expansion, the class should follow suit and be a relevant representative like every other class addition has always been in the past.