Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You say this like a joke, but last Blizzcon was literally them announcing Diablo Immortal and the move towards new mobile games...
    The Blizzard president already made a statement about this, they made clear that Blizzard is still a PC Developer first!

"I think the thing that we did a poor job of when we announced Diablo: Immortal was contextualizing what we think the future can be and what we think of mobile in particular," Blizzard president J. Allen Brack said in an interview with Gamespot. "And I also think the key thing that was lost, that we did a poor job double emphasizing, is we are a PC developer first. And then we look for other platforms that we think are awesome that can support the types of gameplay experiences that resonate with the type of games and values that we want to put forth into the world. And the example of that is, there was a little bit of a backlash when we [announced] that we were going to port Diablo 3 to consoles as well."

Brack emphasized that Blizzard believes it can make mobile games without sacrificing the quality it's known for, and that "we can have Blizzard values around monetization." But he also acknowledged that even though he thinks people will be impressed with Diablo Immortal when they actually get to play it, "we did not do a good job in assuaging our core fanbase that we're not abandoning PC for mobile and console."

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    They already canceled the Overwatch event.
    Yes because a game launch event that was only just ANNOUNCED on Oct. 9 (just a few days before the launch) is totally the same as a yearly scheduled, multimillion dollar game convention that people have spent upwards of thousands of dollars on.

If they don't, it would be a nail in WOW's coffin...

Classic is keeping WoW strong, but if they don't announce a new expansion, WoW will suffer. I won't go so far to say it will die, but it will suffer dramatically.

The patches of retail WoW haven't been strong or long enough to last even the four months that patches of Legion did. Not everyone wants to do all the content on the hardest difficulty before they consider the content burnt out and tired. Classic WoW will also run out of content eventually (sooner rather than later if they keep speeding up their content releases like they did with Dire Maul).

In other words, they NEED something desperately besides another mediocre patch without long lasting content and then nothing announced afterwards. There isn't enough story left to get an 8.4 patch, frankly I'm shocked the 8.3 stuff is so little for what it could have been.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Ah yes, reading comp is really hard.

I didn't say "announce an expansion", I'm saying that they always at least talk about an expansion. What I'm saying is that if they don't announce it at Blizzcon 2019, then that means we won't hear about it (from a Blizzcon) until 2020, and unless they plan to drop the expansion between early November 2020 and New Years Eve 2020 (so soon after a Blizzcon is so unlikely), we won't see expansion 8 until 2021, and everyone with half a brain knows BfA cannot and will not be able to sustain itself that long. 8.3 is already unsustainable. 8.3's gonna drop either by December at the latest, or early 2020. It's not going to last an entire year (putting Expansion 8 launching around Q3).

TL;DR: Based on where we are in the expansion cycle, there is a near-zero percent chance they don't drop expansion info at Blizzcon 2019, unless they're trying to kill off WoW or something.
    You mean like Cata couldn´t substain itself for so long (oh wait they still did that) or how Warlords couldn´t substain itself for that long (and oh wait they also did it there...)?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    They already canceled the Overwatch event.
    A small pop-up event at the Nintendo store. Not at all comparable to Blizzcon. If you seriously think they're going to cancel Blizzcon you need to get your head examined.

10+ Year Old Account
    People those days just like to go over the top dramatic steps just to feel part of some group or what not.

Let them think this is going to ruin Blizzard or blizzcon and that is "already happening"

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You say this like a joke, but last Blizzcon was literally them announcing Diablo Immortal and the move towards new mobile games...
    Yep, because last year they wouldn't have a new World of Warcraft expansion to announce, and not only did they announce Diablo Immortal, but thats where we got WoW Classic and WC3 Reforged news too.

This year we have WoW expansion, higher possibility for D4, and we know they have like 4 unabnounced projects in the works so who knows what else they have in store.

They have no choice really but to announce a new expansion at this point after the dumpster fire that BFA has been.

I's be pretty surprised if they didn't announce one.

With the resurgence kart-racers are currently enjoying i wouldn't be surprised if they also announced Blizzard Allstars racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Rofl, why even have a Blizzcon then. To invite everyone to talk about Diablo Immortal and banning Hong Kong protests?
    because there is such things as D4, D2 ReMade, OV2, HS, HotS evt a new IP?

An expansion announcement is likely due this year. But think Blizz might be more concerned about people showing up protesting for hong kong at blizzcon. They already cancelled the launch of overwatch for Switch event due to risk of protests. They upset quite a few people with there actions. Wouldn't surprise me if you have hacker groups now working against Blizz or imagine if they ruin the streaming of blizzcon. Gonna be interesting to see if both days go well without any outbursts or incidents. Reminds me of the days of Anonymous when Sony had that one guy jailed for showing people on youtube how to install an emulator on a PS3. All there online games/services were taken down for a month or so. Customers were given free in game stuff to make up for the time lost. Right now theres internal conflict within Blizzard over the China ordeal. Not to mention we don't know if they angered any hackers over in china/hongkong. But its gonna be interesting to watch and see what happens. Doubt there gonna allow anyone dressed as Mei to enter the costume contests. Alot of the stuff that happens might not get aired in China.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Pfft! :P

I agreed with everything, up until that last sentence.

Nah, it's been pretty obvious that Legion was the "Last Hurrah" and the game is now in a maintenance/drift mode.

Even I was one of those who joked about how Blizz semed to have "Team Awesome" and "Team Suckass" and alternated between expansions ( I know they say they're one team, but it rarely feels that way - just saying)... so, theoretically "Team Awesome" should be up - but I don't believe that applies anymore. I think the teams have been so divided up between other projects and have shuffled around enough post-Legion that we're just going to get another mediocre expansion.

It will appear big, because it will be something involving Arthas and the Scourge most likely... but it really won't be big at all when it is released/details shown.
    I still think so: not only because of the things you mentioned with the release-cycle of Team A + S, but also because i think that they knew at least what made BfA such a Crappy expansion: if it was just BfA, it would have been a mediocre expansion, but with the pruning, crappy gear, removal of sets and so on it turned into the shitshow we have now. It's not WoD-Bad, but i don't think it would have been at least on line with Cataclysm (and i know it's not a big huddle to jump over). But because of the Azerite Gear, Titanforging, Class Design this expansion is simply in a horrible, HORRIBLE state, it seems that at least they understand this time.

Look at the beta of the last xpack: they didn't even asked for class design for spriest until the last 2 weeks of it, and then it was already too late. 8.1 should have fixed spriest and shaman, what they got was a bandaid. Player luckily didn't stopped the criticism, and that they went back on it; still they would have needed to do something for 8.2 and not shove it into the next xpack.

I doubt we see crapzerite again and anything regarding BfA in terms of gear and class design: if this shit disappears and don't get repaced with other shit, i'm pretty positive for the next xpack. But like every xpack since WoD i will not pre-order anything until i see at least what's coming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure you have phones by Blizzcon and come dressed in your best HK protestor Cos-play gear.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Just make sure you have phones by Blizzcon and come dressed in your best HK protestor Cos-play gear.
    yeas, people need to make it clear at the very first glance if they come to make political protest or enjoy gaming convention, so its easier for the security guys to tell who they can let in

They want to waste their money on buying a Blizzcon ticket, flight and Hotel, etc. to get kicked out for causing a scene, that's on them. Not to mention probably being banned at any Activision-Blizzard events, more power to them.

you actually do need your phones, the new company they use for tickets is app only... silly move honestly.

No new expansion would be suicide. Why wouldn't they announce an expansion when 8.3 is on PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    You mean like Cata couldn´t substain itself for so long (oh wait they still did that) or how Warlords couldn´t substain itself for that long (and oh wait they also did it there...)?
    We're looking at about 1.5 years if they don't have anything now. I think you need to check your numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, let's see how it goes then, when somebody hijacks the platform and says something anti-Trump.

Nowhere did I say it isn't about protecting your money in the end, so you are totally addressing something completely different here. If you people are so concerned, how about you also take an inventory and boycott chinese products and wares? But I guess ONLY attacking Blizzard and ONLY attacking them in words (or did you cancel your wow sub? Deleted your Blizzard account? All their games) is cheap and easy.
    Yep., the old "Everyone else does it, so Blizzard should get a free pass" bit. First, I ended my WOW sub. Second, I will not spend another dime on that joke of a company as long as they continue to do business with Cnia and that liar J Allen Brack is still in charge. I have morals, so I don't blindly wave my Blizzard pom poms and white knight them like you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What, exactly, was Blizzard disingenuous about?
    Claiming the punishment was not about their relationshiop with China. Brack outright lied when he said that. He and Blizzard were in absolute fear of losing money and that is the ONLY reason for the punishment. If the player had said somethign anti-Trump, Blizzard wouldn't have done squat. Period.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-10-20 at 11:01 PM.