Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think for a class that is primarily visualized as freezing its enemies to death (IE Arthas), the very antithesis of that, fire, seems like a very unlikely class development. The swords are probably just new death knight starter weapons for allied races and the fiery sword just represents Bolvar as the Lich King.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

5+ Year Old Account
    What do they have to do with a death knight?

There is no fire using death knight.

Entire legion class hall death knight quests I saw no mention of fire abilities with a death knight(more relevant than a list of boss spell).

The closest thing is a Fel knight or Fel magic used to raise dead.

That’s the point. I’m also saying it would have to be new lore to introduce it.

Gotta wait for 8.3 or further.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2019-10-20 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If anythin DK would be dragon-based spec.

Yeah we can make it short and just call em DK.
    Damn, you killed me!

I already got a Fire DK, they're using Firelands armor and sword...

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    Not really, considering the distinction that has been made between Chaos and Death. Sure, the two were intermingled thanks to the Nathrezim, but it doesn't invalidate what I'm saying especially when you throw dragonfire back into the mix.

It's not that I don't like the idea of a "flame knight" thematically, but I don't think the current state of Bolvar implies "Hellfire." He was a paragon of the Holy Light, got covered in purifying dragon fire. Doesn't make sense for the flames of chaos to be involved.
    By that very argument you need to literally remove the unholy death knight spec because they use shadow, which is void, not undeath. Ergo your argument doesn't make sense. There is literally nothing in the lore that says beings cannot draw power from multiple sources. Hell, the Titans were confirmed as being arcane/order type beings and they use just about every magic type in existence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    What do they have to do with a death knight?

There is no fire using death knight.

Entire legion class hall death knight quests I saw no mention of fire abilities with a death knight(more relevant than a list of boss spell).

The closest thing is a Fel knight or Fel magic used to raise dead.
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=286832/helchains

it is something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    Look, Bolvar got engulfed by Alexstrasza's lifebringing flame breath, which doesn't have much to do with hell, does it? It's a "redeeming flame" more akin to holy or nature, if anything. Just because DK's are often considered damned souls, does not mean that their future has ANYTHING to do with "Hellfire." I understand this is mostly a colloquial term, but it is infuriatingly wrong.

Hellfire: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=87481/hellfire

For a long time now, the Burning Legion, Sargeras and the Twisting Nether have been the WoW equivalent of demons, Satan and Hell. Demonology warlocks use Hellfire. It's a demon thing, it's fel magic.

Please, stop with the Hellfire Death Knights.
    That fireblade is most likely just a cosmetic option..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, I already got used to people mindlessly parroting terms and ideas that make no sense lorewise, but in their heads they work becuase of different games/universes/settings.

Just look at all the Tinker threads where people keep suggesting that Vulpera should be able to be tinkers, despite them having nothing to do with engineering in WoW (but foxy people in LoL have tinker champion, so I guess that's why?). Same with this Hellfire DK BS.

What's odd to me is that the first time I even heard the term "Hellfire DK" was this post complaining about people talking about Hellfire DKs.

Meanwhile, this forum is flooded with garbage "leaks" and there isn't even a thread complaining about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Dragonfire Death Knights ?
    I'm gonna go with "Burning Life Knights" myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I'm gonna go with "Burning Life Knights" myself.
    Nah. Burning Life Death Knights on Fire.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That is a cool spell.

I’m not against a death knight using fire spells. I would love it and it would be great to have.

It’s just not in lore at the moment for the player class.

I have an undead dragon mount from Karazhan that also burns with fire.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

This whole thread reminds of the time back in wotlk that someone tried to explain to me that dks shouldn't have a frost spec. Her reasoning was because outside of frostmourne's name and a small number of names for prominant locations tied to the scourge, they had no actual mechanical connection to frost at all in any iteration that had existed up until that point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    That is a cool spell.

I’m not against a death knight using fire spells. I would love it and it would be great to have.

It’s just not in lore at the moment for the player class.
    it is the azerite trait for unholy Death knights is in the game and available for you.

like i said is something showing it is possible, we have precedence

Please stop with these Frost Death Knights.
    Just because Arthas had Frostmourne doesn't mean DKs have anything to do with Frost.

7+ Year Old Account
    So we're just going to ignore Thane Korthazz, the meteor flinging dwarven DK of the four horsemen fame?
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather take a 4th spec for each current class than a new class.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    This whole thread reminds of the time back in wotlk that someone tried to explain to me that dks shouldn't have a frost spec. Her reasoning was because outside of frostmourne's name and a small number of names for prominant locations tied to the scourge, they had no actual mechanical connection to frost at all in any iteration that had existed up until that point.
    This is actually absolutely true when you think about it. It probably comes from Icecrown, the iceblock Ner'zhul was in and later Arthas as the Lich King, and maybe the idea that a corpse is cold. Or maybe Game of Thrones or something.