View Poll Results: Would you be happy for a "new game" instead ?

Voters
310. This poll is closed
  • Excited

80 25.81%
  • Depends on its feature list

86 27.74%
  • Against the idea

144 46.45%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoW 2 will very likey happen soon but im not betting on it quite yet, I am leaning more that we will see a WoW 2 around 10.0

I don't think Blizz is going to make a new MMORPG as long as WoW is still making them a lot of money. Maybe if the subscriber base ever dwindles someday to sub 10k, they'll consider making a new MMORPG. I honestly don't believe this will happen in our life-time. It will only split the playerbase, and both games will cannibalize each other.

I guess it depends on how much they just fall into old habits. I almost think it would have to be an action rpg like hellgate:london just so that it can't fall back into old habits.

I would like it to happen.

But it's a bad business decision so it won't happen.

I would be shocked by their marketing strategy and assume that they have hit rock bottom and are now risking it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Speak for yourself. Just because you want the same rehashed expansion every year doesn’t mean I do. I want a new and updated experience
    OK. Be specific. What does a WoW2 look like? How is it a totally new experience?

There's a lot of talk about this but not much in the way of useful stuff to talk about in what a WoW2 would be in reality.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    OK. Be specific. What does a WoW2 look like? How is it a totally new experience?

There's a lot of talk about this but not much in the way of useful stuff to talk about in what a WoW2 would be in reality.
    I mean I’m not a game developer. But I feel there could be a lot of potential in a WoW2. Take Blizzards formula and make a different MMO. Something more than tab targeting. Have physics in the world. A new engine and what not. It will be a similar experience but with modern twists.

I’d love to have that Skyrim level of immersion in an MMO. I can go up to a table and hit the food and drinks off with my weapon.

Let’s also have an actual stealth system. That would be nice.

But again I’m not a market researcher or a game developer. I don’t know if that’s possible. What I want would take a lot. I want the armors to look nice, I’m tired of the same base geo set gear, with a few 3D pieces. I want the gear to have actual variation. Having a physics engine could allow for more moving cloth I imagine?

As for the gameplay, I feel that has to be the most solid part. I’m not sure what they would do here. Is it tab target or not? Or is it like ESO, which is kind of both. I want something fun and interactive, but also approachable. So I feel ESO version might be best. Though I think I’d personally want dynamic combat or whatever it’s called. This with actual physics could lead to some amazing boss fights.

I personally don’t like have gaps in my rotation. So I wouldn’t have anything like classic WoW. The rotation was ass. I want all rotations to work like this: if you’re playing right, there shouldn’t be any sort of gap. See Arms warrior. Doesn’t matter how you play, you will still have rage starved gaps. But at the same time I’m one person. If I was Blizzard, I’m sure I have access to loads of data. Data on what people would like. Other people’s opinions as well. I definitely wouldn’t have any slow combat like FFXIV. I would want to take the smooth gameplay and feel of WoW and make it better.

So basically I want a really smooth and responsive game, with a new engine, a physics engine, and have a reboot of WoW. Whether it be a real reboot or soft one (whatever FFXIV did). I would like to play around with unscripted boss fights. Like some sort of procedurally generated aspects to boss fights. With their abilities I mean. Nothing too crazy, just like, maybe he swings his axe in the opposite direction. Making you stay on your toes. And again, nothing insanely difficult. I’m not trying to be Dark Souls.

Why not both?

We have classic and retail, nothing stops them from adding more flavor.

A modern MMO with the classic spirit would be welcomed.. but that takes a long time to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    If blizzard announces a new game "wow 2" at Blizzcon instead of an expansion, How would you feel about it ?
    Isn't happening so how we feel about it is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

In my experience people generally bring this up, more than anything else, as an excuse to overhaul the graphics - referencing Witcher 3/Unreal engine stuff/etc. And I feel like it would be a huge mistake/misfire on Blizz's part to try and make a 'realistic' WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It should be bannable to walk into a thread when someone has an idea and say "its a dumb idea". I'm super tired of reading it.
    You probably ought to avoid threads asking for people's opinions then.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-21 at 04:27 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    WoW 2 will very likey happen soon but im not betting on it quite yet, I am leaning more that we will see a WoW 2 around 10.0
    Yeah thats my bet as well, i'll give em max 2 expansions. After that they will probably won't close servers but they will probably stop developing further. Going with WoW Next or developing new game.

Absurd notion.

"hey, let's abandon our still successful MMO, biggest earner of our games, for a new, no guarantee of success MMO! YAY OR NAY BLIZZ BOSSES?"

I can see why people would 'dream' about something like a new and fresh "WOW"-like mmo, but it literally makes no sense whatsoever.

I'd see this happen in a few decades, after WoW is completely done for, and they'd need to get a new cash cow.

Also, most people play WoW because they're a 'part' of it, and have a lot of in-game goodies, and are completely committed to it.. losing that connection to their char\account would just make a lot of people quit wow entirely. Not everyone is into a complete restart of a massive mmo after 2-5-10-15 years of playing it.

WoW 2 would only make sense in 20~ years, and try and grab a complete new generation of gamers into it.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-10-21 at 04:43 AM.

If blizzard announces a new game "wow 2" at Blizzcon instead of an expansion, How would you feel about it ?
    I would love it, but I doubt they're gonna do it. Honestly, if I was in charge, and I had infinite resources, I'd end WoW and create a WoW 2, complete with a new engine, completely new world, probably set some time in the future, and completely overhaul the entire system.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    i'll give em max 2 expansions.
    BFA sold like 4M copies on day 1. As long as they're willing to make expansions, people will flock to them, unless something catastrophic happens with the game, or something absolutely insane takes its place.

(keep in mind that those day 1 sales were a record number of sales for any expansion release)
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-10-21 at 04:46 AM.

"New content" vs. "new content + access tons of existing content". Hm... what to choose?

JFYI, we're playing WoW 8 today.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

I think there are many other projects they should focus their attention on instead, like a Starcraft-based Battlefield-clone.
    Mother pus bucket!

To be honest, most of what I would want out of a WoW2 is a completely updated visual overhaul. Still in the style, but a total revamp of E V E R Y T H I N G. Up to and including a ton of character customization and armor sets that can be dyed and are carefully crafted to fit each race. Could they do that with current WoW? I haven't the foggiest idea. But it would be a massive undertaking that would be better served going into a fresh new game.

Though I would be happy with a complete overhaul of that magnitude to current WoW.

WoW was created using the WC3 engine.
    WoW2 will use the same beautiful engine as WC3 Reforged.
    There is something poetic about that and I can't wait to see it happen.

To quote Henry Ford: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”
    That can only sum up why there are so many votes against the idea of WoW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    WoW was created using the WC3 engine.
    WoW2 will use the same beautiful engine as WC3 Reforged.
    WC3 reforged is the WC3 engine afaik.

Of all the stupid things they've done, this would take the crown

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I mean I’m not a game developer. But I feel there could be a lot of potential in a WoW2. Take Blizzards formula and make a different MMO. Something more than tab targeting. Have physics in the world. A new engine and what not. It will be a similar experience but with modern twists.
    Do you also remember the part where they actually spent seven (7) years of money and development time making this very thing and it failed in every possible way a project can fail. What would make it a huge success now? How would it not fail now?

You mean a complete new engine and all that? Seems more like a pipe dream but yeah, sure.