The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You are probably right, but honestly I consider almost every leak busted, I still discuss them.

All I care for is a world revamp and I don't even expect it to happen. If it doesn't happen now with the level squish, I doubt it ever will
    If it doesn't happen now WoW probably doesn't see 11.0.

That's my hot take of this expansion cycle.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm curious how a new class, be it Tinker or Dragon Knight or Necromancer, will handle Legion. Will they get unique items or will the class ignore that expansion. I know what leaker mentioned that they would remove the class halls entirely, which I hope is false.

Also, I've seen Jinyu, Vrykul, and Tuskarr mentioned. If Jinyu are coming, does that mean Hozen are a possibility? Has anyone heard any word on Ogres? And will the new expansion have preorder races like BFA?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    I'm curious how a new class, be it Tinker or Dragon Knight or Necromancer, will handle Legion. Will they get unique items or will the class ignore that expansion. I know what leaker mentioned that they would remove the class halls entirely, which I hope is false.

Also, I've seen Jinyu, Vrykul, and Tuskarr mentioned. If Jinyu are coming, does that mean Hozen are a possibility? Has anyone heard any word on Ogres? And will the new expansion have preorder races like BFA?
    They could just set up a class hall for a new class anywhere and make the story / campaign content you would otherwise find the actual starting experience for it. Don't see why they couldn't pull it off. Artifact weapons don't have traits anymore anyway so they would only need to add some new weapon skins, if they even needed an artifact at all. A complete world revamp and level squish would hopefully imo mean the outer content (Outland, Northrend etc) no longer became a mandatory part of the leveling experience. One can dream at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I honestly think it is needed. You cannot be making people level new characters for all these allied races then having a busted leveling experience and just squishing levels doesn't fix things. I do think a progressive revamp is possible; they could revamp a few leveling paths as zone blocks that would be enough to get you to max level then offer further blocks of zones later on. But honestly I'm just greedy and want it now.

They pulled all the stops with Legion to get people back after the mess that was WoD and their competition back then was mediocre. At this time though retail is competing with a far more succesful FFXIV than it was back during WoD, it is competing with Classic as well (and I hope next year's ESO plan which are expected to include the Champion system redesign fixes many of the problems with that game as well). They need something to hype us as much as Legion did and "here are five more zones and a couple of raids" will NOT cut it.
    WoW's biggest barrier to returning or entry at this point is the systems are largely rotten and the leveling is boring. Sure, you can skip that second part with a $60 skip, and that worked just fine until Blizz made a major game feature based around not using said boost. Classic did a lot to help expose WoW's current issues, too. You can say what you will about balance, but Classic has a special sauce that the modern game just completely lacks.

If Blizz wants to just toss a filler story about Dragons and Sylvanas onto our plate in order to devote resources to fixing those two issues, that's fine with most of us at this point. Another "business as usual" expansion is just going to build that barrier higher by tossing more compartmentalized features, more levels, and more delayed maintenance onto the pile.

A game that can't attract new or returning players is a game that's already dead. If 9.0 doesn't do something about that problem, for sure by next Blizzcon WoW will be dethroned as the King MMO, and by the next expansion reveal in 2 years we're probably talking about "one last hurrah before maintenance mode."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    They could just set up a class hall for a new class anywhere and make the story / campaign content you would otherwise find the actual starting experience for it. Don't see why they couldn't pull it off. Artifact weapons don't have traits anymore anyway so they would only need to add some new weapon skins, if they even needed an artifact at all. A complete world revamp and level squish would hopefully imo mean the outer content (Outland, Northrend etc) no longer became a mandatory part of the leveling experience. One can dream at least.
    Considering most of Legion's key features are at this point dummied out, and most speculation says old expansions are going to become optional content anyway, they probably just create three random weapons and that's that. No Order hall, no Missions, no Skins, no Traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to the leak posted by @Frood? Both the image and post seems to have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    What happened to the leak posted by @Frood? Both the image and post seems to have been deleted.
    It was clearly fake and I probably shouldn't have shared it, so I deleted it once the image was removed so I don't look like an attention seeker

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd hope a world revamp would mean making leveling UP to the expansion be evergreen. How I'd do it is let someone level to max with just a subset of the old world and then with each new expansion and level cap also increase how far the old world scales so you can just do more of the old world to level for new characters.
    This model would be exactly what I would want to see as well. If there is one thing I really like about the scaling model of ESO it's that I can go literally wherever I want, when I want. Even when a new expansion releases you can start at level 1 in that content if you so choose.

a world revamp is pretty much accepted and embraced by the wider community at this point - imagine the outcry if it doesn't happen, aha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Dial up Blizzard in Irvine, CA and ask for Rod Rigole, special lead council.

edit: fucker threatened my kids and wife with litigation and jail time since this is my 2nd offense to leaks. Sorry, not sorry but my family comes first.
    Since when is breaking an NDA grounds for jail time? lol

And how would your family be culpable?

Can't even be fined for breach of contract. Worst they could do would be to sue for damages.

The more you said the less believable you got, but this is just silly.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-21 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Since when is breaking an NDA subject to jail time? lol
    It's not. Especially not for family members.

He realized we were catching on and came up with a story to bail, then felt the need to jump in the spotlight one last time.

I tried to go through all of razorpax posts to make a summary, let me know if I got anything wrong.

Summary of the Leak:

***8.3 Stuff***

Heroic Darkshore gear is 460

8.3 will make the next expansion kinda obvious since it will be what we use to expand the dragon story as a bridge.

9 Boss Anniversary Raid will be balanced so that EVERYBODY will be able to clear it. However there is the possibility blizzard might do more with this in the future.

8.3 will wrap uo a few loose ends with the factions

We are getting a new dungeon, new raid, new zone, bettter essences, and a newish gear system.

***9.0 Stuff***

Returning Characters - Helya, Klaxxi, Nozdormu (Noruzond), Mekkatorque

Stances/Auras/Totems/Aspects/Chakras might return

No new rental abilities because of backlash aka artifact abilities that are lost with a new expansion.

Warfront tech will be used as a 'build up your forces then make a final push' with a spin on the black empire.

Island Expitdition renamed and will be used to explore old black emprie areas where we defeat a final boss.

Level Squish- Squish to 60 and we will level to 65. Past expansions will be grouped into the level brackets trying to make the overall feel not too bad when combined with the scaling tech currently used. You will have the cap of 60 in BfA before the launch. You will be a new talent every 10 levels

Minor World Revamp - Half the new zones will be zone revamps and half new places we have not seen before.

We wont stop the Black Empire in 8.3, we will have a victory that will turn out to be a loss overall. There will be a time jump of 2-5 years to explain how the Old God Black Empire has taken over old zones that are revamped. Revamped zones are not like Cata zones, they wont be replaced totally, you can still go back to old zones by talking to Cromie.

Talon Guard - Comes with 9.0 early access. New dragon themed class. Will be a hero class and not a class that starts at lv1. There will be an intro like demon hunters where we follow the black prince. This class is going to be 'if you want a skill check then here you go'. They will have a rune system like DK but will alter the abilities in one way or another. The class will have 4 specs, healer, tank, melee, range. Armor type is not set yet. Playstyle is described as unique and not for everyone.

New Benthic-ish gear coming. Gear no longer titanforges but gains rng benthic like affixes that are 'twisted and corrupt'. We can also get a currency from the raid to empower our gear with affix's. 3 sets for each spec planned but not entirely unique and not always power related. WQ gear might have extra rep or movement speed affix.

Tier sets are returning.

Dragon Heart - New artifact item and new ap system that is less passive.

Dragon Isles - Dragon Isles are moving and flying, hidden by powerful dragon spirits from most flights.'Five torches to light the way' is in reference to the dragon aspects.

Tinkers might come eventually, just not now

Guild Halls are coming

More allied Races coming, specifically Jinyu

Spec Reworks

New Specs for Monk(crane), DK(fire), Mage(?), DH(?)

Alliance and Horde will be fighting together for our home. The idea is we must unite the races of Azeroth.

The big 8.3 reveal will come pretty close when players start finishing the campaign. (this is also talked about but I have not added it just in case it is true and is a big spoiler)

Blizzard has an idea for a support class but players have a stigma towards not being the best in something like healing or dps. Class buffs have been something players complain about, making a class a buff class is kinda tough.

8+ Dungeons, 2 Raids planned for Launch

Master Loot might return

Challenge Mode rewards in the mythic plus system

Archeology is getting fixed

Edit: Forgot to add the references, and then when I did add them I screwed them up... Here is a link to his profile, click on past posts.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/members/1462937-razorpax
    Last edited by BullxBull; 2019-10-21 at 07:53 AM. Reason: References

Since when is breaking an NDA subject to jail time? lol
    Jericho doesn't know anything. Go through his post history and it's littered with conflicting stuff, like claiming to know a GM/actually working for Blizzard, children that don't age and him continuing to spout nonsense despite several alleged threats of legal action from Blizzard.

The crappy english from the Legion leak he posted back then suggests he probably got lucky by copy/pasting it from somewhere, and now he's just piggybacking on the fame to troll people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    It was clearly fake and I probably shouldn't have shared it, so I deleted it once the image was removed so I don't look like an attention seeker
    Fair enough.

I would still like to see it though if you could DM it to me. Even if it's clearly a fake, there's still a chance that they could get some details right by pure accident.

Yeah I honestly think it is needed. You cannot be making people level new characters for all these allied races then having a busted leveling experience and just squishing levels doesn't fix things. I do think a progressive revamp is possible; they could revamp a few leveling paths as zone blocks that would be enough to get you to max level then offer further blocks of zones later on. But honestly I'm just greedy and want it now.

They pulled all the stops with Legion to get people back after the mess that was WoD and their competition back then was mediocre. At this time though retail is competing with a far more succesful FFXIV than it was back during WoD, it is competing with Classic as well (and I hope next year's ESO plan which are expected to include the Champion system redesign fixes many of the problems with that game as well). They need something to hype us as much as Legion did and "here are five more zones and a couple of raids" will NOT cut it.
    Totally agree with this. The next expansion must be some kind of MoP or Legion when it comes to features and system revamps and it better has a revamp of the leveling experience. Another WoD or BfA won’t make it this time, WoWs isn’t the champ it used to be that’s why another Legion-esque expansion is pretty much mandatory.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BullxBull View Post
    -snip-
    Those links are all broken btw. Also could you specifically link the "big spoiler if true"

it's evident that the Jericho and Razor leaks contradict each other (Jericho said no new specs, no housing) I wonder which is real, if either of them really are.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Fair enough.

I would still like to see it though if you could DM it to me. Even if it's clearly a fake, there's still a chance that they could get some details right by pure accident.
    I posted the link earlier, but it's here

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/482303068/wow-9

I wouldn't discard it that fast, mistakes happen and it's in sync with what razor says more or less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Jericho doesn't know anything. Go through his post history and it's littered with conflicting stuff, like claiming to know a GM/actually working for Blizzard, children that don't age and him continuing to spout nonsense despite several alleged threats of legal action from Blizzard.

The crappy english from the Legion leak he posted back then suggests he probably got lucky by copy/pasting it from somewhere, and now he's just piggybacking on the fame to troll people.
    Yeah the more he said the less believable he got, now he's just tossing out nonsense and a name everyone knows (Rigole filed all the Blizzard trademarks).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 13last View Post
    I posted the link earlier, but it's here

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/482303068/wow-9

I wouldn't discard it that fast, mistakes happen and it's in sync with what razor says more or less.
    It's very vague, and it does sound like whoever posted it just ran it several times through Google Translate and back into English.

Yeah the more he said the less believable he got, now he's just tossing out nonsense and a name everyone knows (Rigole filed all the Blizzard trademarks).
    Mm, Blizz would have had MMO ban him by now if what he said was true about the litigation lolth.