View Poll Results: Would you be happy for a "new game" instead ?

Voters
310. This poll is closed
  • Excited

80 25.81%
  • Depends on its feature list

86 27.74%
  • Against the idea

144 46.45%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    So basically I want a really smooth and responsive game, with a new engine, a physics engine, and have a reboot of WoW.
    Everything you described in your post makes me think you actually want a single player RPG placed in Warcraft world, not an MMORPG. You mention Skyrim and Dark Souls.

Sure, I'd be down with a singleplayer game, but not at the cost of WoW the MMO. To make a "reboot" just to switch graphical engine would be a huge middle finger to everyone who has been playing the game for 15 years and it would polarize and cannibalize the playerbase. It's a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absurd notion.

"hey, let's abandon our still successful MMO, biggest earner of our games, for a new, no guarantee of success MMO! YAY OR NAY BLIZZ BOSSES?"
    The absurd thing is you thinking WoW is Activision's biggest earner of their games. When Activision has games that make billions, and wow only makes measly millions, they want new ideas that will create more revenue. Now, I don't think think that is WoW2, but suggesting it's out of the realm of possibility because 'wow already makes enough' is hilariously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    WC3 reforged is the WC3 engine afaik.
    You are correct. I just assumed they were using the Overwatch engine due to the graphics.

So that begs the question, why does Reforged look so good while WoW looks like shit in comparison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not happening. The only reason I still even play (or consider playing) is because of the amount of stuff I have on my account. If they take that away I'm out for good.

Then again, that'd be nice, so go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    You are correct. I just assumed they were using the Overwatch engine due to the graphics.

So that begs the question, why does Reforged look so good while WoW looks like shit in comparison?
    Because reforged is a 1-8 player game, wow is a 1-40 player game.

Wow has to deal with much, much more varied inputs from the players

I mean, I don't think it's going to happen but I would love if it did... Or maybe not WoW, but if Blizz just did a new MMO.

There the only company IMO with the experience and funds to really push an MMO in this day and age and I feel WoW has just gotten old, with to many features that while they spoil the game provide such a QoL that they can't really remove them now as they are so embedded in the game.

They can't just remove such features in an expansion, those are here to stay now. But a brand new MMO, where they could use what they've learnt with WoW and combine it with what people love with Classic would be amazing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post

Engine rarely dictates polygons and textures. It controls lighting and shadows, but that can also be "tricked" and baked into textures and such.
    Difference is WoW is an MMO. MMO tends to have lower graphical fidelity due to performance reasons since there is a lot more going on than in a smaller game such as an RTS.

In todays days and age MMOs can look good, but WoW also have it's own style. They have updates the graphics numerous times but they still need to look like they all belong together. Updating all the models, all the textures, all the zones, all the assets will take a tremendous amount of work. More so than an expansion or, hell even 2 expansions.
    In short, WoW has it's art style which it has to adhere too which was set back in 2004. Reforged is a remaster of an old game where models and textures and look is designed from the ground up with 2018/2019 standards.

If blizzard does WoW 2 someday that will be a big increase in graphical fidelity I'm sure.

We have new games. They're called "other games".

And I maintain that Horizon Zero Dawn is the ultimate incarnation of WoW's Hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Engine rarely dictates polygons and textures. It controls lighting and shadows, but that can also be "tricked" and baked into textures and such.
    Difference is WoW is an MMO. MMO tends to have lower graphical fidelity due to performance reasons since there is a lot more going on than in a smaller game such as an RTS.

In todays days and age MMOs can look good, but WoW also have it's own style. They have updates the graphics numerous times but they still need to look like they all belong together. Updating all the models, all the textures, all the zones, all the assets will take a tremendous amount of work. More so than an expansion or, hell even 2 expansions.
    In short, WoW has it's art style which it has to adhere too which was set back in 2004. Reforged is a remaster of an old game where models and textures and look is designed from the ground up with 2018/2019 standards.

If blizzard does WoW 2 someday that will be a big increase in graphical fidelity I'm sure.

Whatever they have to do. I just want WoW2 so that I can have a character that looks this good.

it wont happend.
    unlike other MMO's who does a Rebrand or a Updated Version like final fantasy they where low in subscribers. It also took a lot of time. Despite all the hate, wow is doing fairly fine for an MMO. I also dont know what they could improve on.. Or well lots could, but what SHOULD be improved on.
    They could update the Graphic, but they have been steadly, and there is a charm to wow current Graphic.
    They could Improve combat, but most MMO's who have gone with a more "active" combat seems to have been lacking in PVE, which is something wow does better then any other game.
    They could make new story. But that is what they are doing with expations.. and a whole new game / updated game like wow 2, would require Much more story then 1 expation, so that hardly seems worth it for the greed that is activision blizzard.

it not like they cant improve stuff, lots of stuff could be improved. but each major paradigme shift have some negativ part to it.
    I would love to hear what people assume could be part of wow 2.

I think it's impossible simply due to the fact that WoW II will offer no replayability as WoW offers now (farming old raids for transmog, mounts etc.). Which also brings me to the second restraint: what do you do with all the mounts players have in current WoW? Some have well over 350 mounts, it's gonna feel shit to suddenly lose everything -- also some mounts and pets from eg. TCG or the Store cost actual money, do you simply ignore that?
    I think just taking these two points into consideration makes you drop the idea. Eventhough I wouldn't be as opposed to it ... (I would miss some of my mounts + at least the Ethereal Soul-Trader pet )

Some who haven't played in years may be excited by it, but I imagine anyone still playing would be pissed at losing their entire account progression, like achievements, mounts, pets, toys, transmog etc. I myself, and presumably many others, may just choose to stop playing WoW altogether rather than jump ship and start from scratch, and I imagine Blizzard is fearing that very scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Let's play a game everyone where you drink a shot of vodka everytime someone makes a thread about wow2, leaks , tinkers and high elves

3 is my response. Basically I like the continuity of the franchise into one main game (WoW), WoW 2 and I am out.

I don't know, what would happen to WoW1? And will there be some way to transition or would it be a fresh start?

If they say WoW1 will not have anymore content at all and WoW2 will be a fresh start with absolutely nothing taken from your WoW1 character, I would consider this a good time to stop playing WoW. Otherwise... depends. Depends on what I get to take from WoW1, if the trinity and tank role specifically survives and how many of my guildies decide to play it.

Aside from "better graphics" which is subjective anyway what people prefer (and shiny realistic graphics will take it's toll on many people's PC's) there's nothing a WoW2 can provide that current WoW cannot be updated to.

It will take some time but they can completely re-do EK and Kalimdor and add everything else to CoT as fully optional content.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Whats up with losing stuff you done already?
    Want to give it to your grand children or something?
    You are either type A or B MMO player:

A) you invest your time, socializing and mixed with happy and frustrating moments and get something more than a single-player game experience

B) you invest nothing, you play the game for 24/48 hours like you would with any generic console game and call it boring

If you played WoW and did not feel you could lose anything by a reset, you are simply a tybe B player and choose the wrong genre by mistake. You don't have to like the game, the genre or WoW right now, but the reason for it might be just the small fact that you are simply not the target audience for this game.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-10-21 at 11:42 AM.
    -

wow 2 with wc3 reforged looking models? sign me up

If we get a "WoW 2" it might not be set in the Warcraft universe. If Blizzard makes a new MMORPG it's not going to be another tab target game, and that opens it up to other universes / a brand new one. I don't think Blizzard is stupid enough to compete with their own IP - it's why Titan was scrapped and we got Overwatch instead. Honestly in hindsight I'm sure they are kicking their own ass about not getting a new MMORPG up and running because WoW is going to unfortunately never be as popular as the others in the genre.

So would I be happy about a new type of MMORPG that is based in the WoW universe? Sure, but I expect another universe to get the MMORPG treatment or an entirely new one being made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Speak for yourself. Just because you want the same rehashed expansion every year doesn’t mean I do. I want a new and updated experience
    And that's what you get with every expansion. What you and people pleading for WoW2 want is not Warcraft. You want a different MMO that captures you like WoW once did, but here's the thing, that will never happen.

Even a WoW2 or Diablo MMO or StarCraft MMO or what so fucking ever, nothing will bring back those "feelings" or the "fun" you experienced when you first started WoW .

Mainly because it has nothing to do with WoW. To think that a WoW2 will give you a better experience than current WoW is just delusional. But sure, people want to believe what they want to believe.

Considering the current state of retail, i dont think blizzard is capable of making a good mmo anymore .
    Last edited by Pancreatin; 2019-10-21 at 11:59 AM.