Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    So you are faulting WildStar for a feature it provided where other MMOs such as WoW did not even provide? WildStar housing was completely optional. You didn't have to do it if you didn't like it. By your logic, you should quit WoW too, since WoW doesn't just have housing you don't like... WoW doesn't have housing at all.

What other MMO with such a great housing system did you play that made you think WildStar's housing system was bad? Don't tell me FFXIV, since the player housing in that game is beyond terrible...
    except it had materials inside, meaning it was forced. like the garrisons were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood this player housing nonsense. You should be out in the world doing stuff not wanking in your fake little house.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except it had materials inside, meaning it was forced. like the garrisons were.
    You could farm materials outside in the open world as well. Though in the beginning the game had issues with bots camping all the farming spots, so to maximize your yield you relied on mats you could farm inside your housing plot. Bot issues declined though as time went on, so you could easily farm in the open world later on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I never understood this player housing nonsense. You should be out in the world doing stuff not wanking in your fake little house.
    Newsflash.....this is a video-game, so all of it is "fake"....not just the housing.

You could farm materials outside in the open world as well. Though in the beginning the game had issues with bots camping all the farming spots, so to maximize your yield you relied on mats you could farm inside your housing plot. Bot issues declined though as time went on, so you could easily farm in the open world later on.

- - - Updated - - -

Newsflash.....this is a video-game, so all of it is "fake"....not just the housing.
    So at this point its pretty obvious you have heard many people complain about the housing in the game. but you have done this same thing of "no your wrong, its perfect" its come off very obvious now.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So at this point its pretty obvious you have heard many people complain about the housing in the game. but you have done this same thing of "no your wrong, its perfect" its come off very obvious now.
    No, not heard of one until you. I'm still waiting for you to mention this MMO that has better housing than WildStar. I'm genuinely curious, because if it's good, I would seriously give whatever game it is a chance.

No, not heard of one until you. I'm still waiting for you to mention this MMO that has better housing than WildStar. I'm genuinely curious, because if it's good, I would seriously give whatever game it is a chance.
    when did i say there was a housing better then wildstar? cause housing in an mmo isnt really a great idea. an mmo while yes social, in the eastern market is alot more personally social then in the west, while the west rather focus on going and doing content together, instead of just... afking together in a house together ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    The whole argument that it'll make the world feel empty kinda feels redundant to me. Just because there are pixels running around on my screen on giant mounts, it doesn't make the world feel alive.
    I don't get it either. Even in WoD where Garrisons were phased and basically pushed a lot of people into them - I still saw a lot of other players doing quests and everything else. It's such a weird argument that never existed.

And before someone mentions it, people will always play less as a patch goes on, or as the expansion goes on. You can only get people to do so much world content or content in general before they get bored of it and do other things - or other games.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be curious to see if they did do player housing, would it be a literal house? similar to what Thrall had in his first cinematic in BfA. you can pick from certain spots in your starting zone (obviously some will have to change), have parties and show off your achievements etc - that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    WoD Garrisons was the perfect little community audit.

"GIVE US GARRISONS/HOUSING FOR THE TOTAL MMO IMMERSION!"

Blizzard => WoD

THE CASUAL MASS EXPLOITS INSTANCED FARMING/CRAFTING FOR A WHOLE EXPANSION WITH ALL CHAR SLOTS AVAILABLE, CRUSHING THE ECONOMY FOR YEARS TO COME. NOBODY GAVE A SHIT ABOUT IMMERSION, IT WAS JUST MASS FARMING

Blizzard => now, we know

TLDR: The casual mass will exploit everything if its easy to do. Even a little skill barrier is enough to stop this. Blizzard allready burned his hands with trusting the community even a bit.
    -

Player houses are great if implemented properly, and only if they aren't expansion-specific feature. If added to WoW it should be something that would transcend the expansion and be relevant for all content backwards and also moving forward.

I'm a little bit worried that it might be too late now, though. Because of how everything in WoW gets outdated on an expansions by expansion, or even patch by patch basis, the house would probably mostly turn into another collector grind that you do with ungeared alts in old content.

Then again, things could be done to still make it good, Id love that. Just look at player houses in OSRS. That's pretty much an ideal implementation of that idea.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-10-21 at 12:06 PM.

Want and need are 2 completely different things, what we need is class balancing where every spec feels viable, housing is just another gold sink that blizzard will screw up and make it insanely limiting like x item only fits in y slot in z sized house.

FFXIV and wildstar did housing right if they learn from anything if they decide to add housing i hope they learn from those games.

Personally I don't care but there seems to be a demand, so they're just being lazy about it by not delivering

It's just garrisons again.

What I'd prefer is a guild airship, that you can leave parked near a raid so all your guildies can hearth back to it for the raid. And that can battle other guilds ships so your guildmates have to come and defend it before it's knocked out of the sky by another guild.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Nah, considering how much resource Garrison took from WOD, i'd rather they develope more gameplay content instead of another Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What is rng with the grind in BfA? I guess you refer to the hearth of azeroth and AP?
    If i want to grind rep in vanilla-wod I can grind it out. There is an end, and i know every time i do X,Y and Z i get a fixed amount of rep.

In legion and BFA rep is based on how many WQ there are, which is RNG. if its not emissary day, you get like 1-3 quests that award almost no rep, while other days you can get like 1200 rep+ Not to mention in legion all of the rep mounts were RNG even after you got exalted. while in other expacs you hit exalted you got the mounts.

That is just one of the many examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    If you want to play PvE raiding there's Everquest. WoW was apparently never needed at all by your logic since everything it does was already done by something else.
    PVP was added to WoW after PVE

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    If i want to grind rep in vanilla-wod I can grind it out. There is an end, and i know every time i do X,Y and Z i get a fixed amount of rep.

In legion and BFA rep is based on how many WQ there are, which is RNG. if its not emissary day, you get like 1-3 quests that award almost no rep, while other days you can get like 1200 rep+ Not to mention in legion all of the rep mounts were RNG even after you got exalted. while in other expacs you hit exalted you got the mounts.

That is just one of the many examples.
    That was Legion, and they changed that again into BfA, you can once again buy mounts when hitting exalted. So no RNG there in BfA. When thinking about it, you can buy two mounts when hitting exalted with most reps in BfA. There is a mount from paragon boxes from the Naz'jatar ones, but you can also buy one at exalted there.

Sure, the amount of World Quests change a bit for each day, but there is no big difference each day, and to get exalted doesn't take that long. But once again they seem to drift away a bit from that, we just had the Bee mount for the Alliance where you could just grind everything on day one if you wanted. So they are shifting towards the old style again it seems, I guess that's a good thing anyway. I don't see World Quests being RNG, it's more like time-gating, which is another issue entirely.

proper housing will always be my most requested feature till we get it... and the thing that would keep me engaged the most
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelll no.

The development of player housing almost killed the game. Thats right, we had countless games come out, WoW laughed them off. But player housing? That one near knocked WoW out for good.

Player housing is kind of like large-scale pvp. Its a trap. It sounds good in your head, but it never is. Every game its implemented, its either useless outright, or just serves as a trophy room, both of which are a waste of development time.

I didn't even read your post, but glancing up at it - i was right haha. You want it to be a fucking trophy room. Dude, why make an instance trophy room, when you can show your prestige on your character? Know whats a lot better than having a 'fur rug'? a mage tower weapon appearence, or a set of elite pvp gear.
    this guys gets it, now OP, read this again and again.

I'd like something like a guild hall but with an apartment style complex with a room for each player. Maybe just like a big wall full of small personalized caves that guildies can visit. Within a major city (Org & SW/IF?).

In reality, I'm guessing the allure would fade quickly and it would be a ghost-town after a while. I hardly spend more than a few minutes in any location, but it would be a neat addition.