Alt question for you guys.

So, I've been playing around for a few weeks on some alts. My original plan was to level every class to 60 as I love the leveling aspect of the game and its going to be done over a few years. My main took just over 3 weeks and I figured I would be able to level each alt over about 2 months each (too much free time on my hands).

Lately however, I've been feeling like only having 1 alt and focusing on just raiding while playing other games. What do you think I should do? And what is everyone doing as far as alt standpoint?

it's up to you really, we don't know what you like/dislike.

leveling each class to 60 may burn you out quickly.

In vanilla, I had 3 characters and nothing more as I found it too much
    Last edited by Castration; 2019-10-21 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    So, I've been playing around for a few weeks on some alts. My original plan was to level every class to 60 as I love the leveling aspect of the game and its going to be done over a few years. My main took just over 3 weeks and I figured I would be able to level each alt over about 2 months each (too much free time on my hands).

Lately however, I've been feeling like only having 1 alt and focusing on just raiding while playing other games. What do you think I should do? And what is everyone doing as far as alt standpoint?
    quit. you've pretty much lied to yourself on what you like to do. your subconscious is trying to tell you that you dont actually like classic. the fact that you are here to get strangers to tell you what to do when it is obvious is a telling sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

My alts exist to have each profession, with a hunter being a dual gatherer. I prefer to be self efficient.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post

It's a game, its only purpose is entertaining you, having fun. You gain nothing in the end, the only reward is the fun you have while doing something, goals don't exist, they are just an ending, it's the journey to get there that's actually fun and if that becomes not fun to you like you're saying then it's perfectly fine to stop and do other things.

In my case, I lvled to 60, had fun doing it, got bored in the gearing process, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    quit. you've pretty much lied to yourself on what you like to do. your subconscious is trying to tell you that you dont actually like classic. the fact that you are here to get strangers to tell you what to do when it is obvious is a telling sign.
    No, I don't want to quit for sure. Its just that I like to play Overwatch from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps take it easy with leveling. It's a big world, there's plenty of opportunity to stop and smell the roses. If your heart tells you to just focus on the one alt and raiding on your main, give it a listen--that might be an early warning sign of impending burnout. Time management is a big thing in Classic, especially if you want an army of alts at 60, lest you wear out and get sick of it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    My alts exist to have each profession, with a hunter being a dual gatherer. I prefer to be self efficient.
    This.

The only thing you really need alts for unless you are hardcore raiding and need a char for diff raidgroups is Profession dummies. That way you can do everything your self. Just remember to have Enchanting on your main char as you can not make scrolls and send to other chars.