10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    So, the isekai plague is only getting stronger and long gone are the glorious days of Fall 2017.
    Was anyone here brave enough to actually watch any of the following and could tell me whether they have any redeeming quality at all or is it just the usual garbo?
    Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore TUEEE Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru --- for 2 Eps its pretty good so far comedy wise
    Mairimashita! Iruma-kun --- sure its isekai, but is not the usual fantasy world, but a demon one. Comedy is top.
    Hataage! Kemono Michi --- it was written by same person that made kono suba, so no need to explain
    Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! --- THIS IS TRASH SKIP
    Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen --- Its something of a mix or DR.Stone and Uchi no Ko no Tame Naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru Kamo Shirenai. Pretty much a bookworm dies and gets reborn as a 5 year old kid.
    Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! --- its a bit generic, but watcheable as the main issue is that everyone is overpowered. A worse version of Overlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Character makes mysogynist comments, other character calls it what it is. Random Comicsgate defending site flips the fuck out. As usual, the dub haters who have nothing better to do just to "RAAAAAAAAAA DUB BAD, FUNIMATION DOES... things... I don't know but I'm maaaaad".

It's funny too because assuming it was Jamie Marchi because you have some sort of hate-boner (or regular one) for her just makes it even sadder
    Considering Funimation is literally translating things incorrectly to purposefully inject an agenda... hmmm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Character makes mysogynist comments, other character calls it what it is. Random Comicsgate defending site flips the fuck out. As usual, the dub haters who have nothing better to do just to "RAAAAAAAAAA DUB BAD, FUNIMATION DOES... things... I don't know but I'm maaaaad".

It's funny too because assuming it was Jamie Marchi because you have some sort of hate-boner (or regular one) for her just makes it even sadder
    this is what watching dubs does to your mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    this is what watching dubs does to your mind
    Who does watch dubs anyway. I mean who!!!!!
    Only good dub is a parody:

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Considering Funimation is literally translating things incorrectly to purposefully inject an agenda... hmmm.

I find it so fucking disrespectful having these ego-driven shitbags sitting there twisting the work of the original artists, to push their own political horseshit and to win what, fucking internet points?

They know perfectly well what they are doing, it have nothing to do with "localization"
    They do it entirely out of spite and to push their own views in an attempt to win imaginary internet points.

Nor is it their job, they are not creators, and for the love of god stop buying into the lie that funi or CR "gives back" to the anime industry, the money from CR and funi barely makes a fucking dent in the industry in Japan, the money instead goes to shit like this.

Last edited by Strangebrew; 2019-10-21 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    So, the isekai plague is only getting stronger and long gone are the glorious days of Fall 2017.
    Was anyone here brave enough to actually watch any of the following and could tell me whether they have any redeeming quality at all or is it just the usual garbo?
    Not sure I would even consider Iruma-kun to be Isekai tbh.

Shinchou Yuusha is the best out of the actual isekai's this seaon.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Not sure I would even consider Iruma-kun to be Isekai tbh.

Shinchou Yuusha is the best out of the actual isekai's this seaon.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHZ_lVCXYAw7qog.jpg[IMG]

I find it so fucking disrespectful having these ego-driven shitbags sitting there twisting the work of the original artists, to push their own political horseshit and to win what, fucking internet points?

They know perfectly well what they are doing, it have nothing to do with "localization"
    They do it entirely out of spite and to push their own views in an attempt to win imaginary internet points.

Nor is it their job, they are not creators, and for the love of god stop buying into the lie that funi or CR "gives back" to the anime industry, the money from CR and funi barely makes a fucking dent in the industry in Japan, the money instead goes to shit like this.

[IMG]https://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/f6df97b353404fd580a63cd989c1b96c1534805471_full.jpg[IMG]
    I don't even have an issue with what they're putting in the localizations, they just don't need to be changing the actual meaning of conversations just because they have agenda.

Never really liked that they don't just use "lolicon" instead of changing it to pedophile. I can't remember what I was watching, but it was one female gushing over another female's looks. This was one high school girl admiring another girl of the same age who happened to be short and flat-chested. Why they would have her friend call her a pedophile in a comedy show is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the replies here make it easy to see if people understand how this industry works or not. (hint: They don't)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    That is so far my favorite show of the season,and the wolf girl stealing that guys swords all the time is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    That is so far my favorite show of the season,and the wolf girl stealing that guys swords all the time is great.
    For some reason, the dragon girl throwing rocks at the servant sent to bring her back really made me laugh. Dragon girl is my favorite part of the series thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    For some reason, the dragon girl throwing rocks at the servant sent to bring her back really made me laugh. Dragon girl is my favorite part of the series thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Cautious Hero The Hero Is Overpowered Ep 3.....oh so this is why they needed so long to make a new ep. They remade the ending song.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Another Kemono Michi fan? Holy shit, dude! I didn't expect to like it but it's so funny. I like that Genzo's so committed to his ideals, even if his love for animals is a bit creepy sometimes.

I can never find people who watch seasonal/new anime IRL. Even the other anime nerds at work think I'm weird for watching all the new stuff that's coming out.

In this Corner of the World - 5/10 (average)

It was okay. Great background art. The characters looked pretty samey; I had difficulty distinguishing them at times. The movie somehow manages to simultaneously meander a lot (it's abysmally slow at times), while also not stopping to take a moment to breathe. Pretty melodramatic at points. The music was forgettable. That said, I actually managed to finish it, which says a lot. Wouldn't rewatch or recommend it, though.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-10-26 at 08:47 AM.

azur lane ep 4 i'm happy for the token hammann bullying every episode. ravioli ravioli not saber alter protect the green haired neko loli!

sao underworld 3 aw yes asuna you will just log into these super high class accounts we have that are totally super secret and not the way higher level accounts that are totally open for any dumbass to log in to! I was actually hoping the face scar guy would end up as the cute girl.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Have a good girl.