Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Frankly, pet battles should be a mobile game
    I'm honestly kinda surprised they haven't already done that shortly after Pandaria's launch.

They clearly put a lot of love into Pet Battles in WoW itself, and can easily stand as its own game. Hell, it's one of the few things that actually could get me back to WoW again if they made it correctly.

I mean, it's a no-brainer to make a game that cross-connects to your WoW account to share pets, where the mobile game has their own set in addition to the base game - and you can bring said pets into WoW and visa versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    The issue is they would need to decide, whether:
    1/ it is connected to WoW account and works according to pet battles rules and content in game
    2/ is not connected to WoW

1/ means they narrow their customer base and that is certainly not happening. Although I probably wouldn't mind. Idgaf about pet battles in-game but might actually try doing them mobile in some situations.

2/ means most of the WoW playerbase will not be interested and they would need to cater to typical mobile player dummie. Would probably also mean a shitton of microtransactions. Either way I wouldn't even install that BS.
    I don't think they need to make this decision at all.

You log into your WoW account and get your pets if you have them. If not, they get you to make a new account and you can level up and acquire your pets by selecting battles on a map just like you do with WQs in the current app.

The issue is they would need to decide, whether:
    1/ it is connected to WoW account and works according to pet battles rules and content in game
    2/ is not connected to WoW

1/ means they narrow their customer base and that is certainly not happening. Although I probably wouldn't mind. Idgaf about pet battles in-game but might actually try doing them mobile in some situations.

2/ means most of the WoW playerbase will not be interested and they would need to cater to typical mobile player dummie. Would probably also mean a shitton of microtransactions. Either way I wouldn't even install that BS.
    I meant, instead of being in WoW (But that's probably too late.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    stop that. cut it out
    Why? It's better than all the other bullshit we get to see here
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    Yup my totally legit and not made up sources have informed me that there will be a new WoW mobile game announced at Blizzcon.

The game will be standalone but based on the WoW battle pet system. There will be 3 separate names for reasons but all will share the same content.

Introducing:

WoW: Cataclysm Red

WoW: Lich Blue

WoW: Mists Green

Yup we will get to adventure across Azeroth battling dangerous pokemon, i mean foes, and other trainers.
    We will venture into dungeons to take on boss level battles and even team up in the new 10 man raid to battle legendary foes to attain cool new badges will will give access to cool costumes and pet cosmetics (also available to purchase on the store).

But the greatest challenge will come from Team Ratchet, who seek to take advantage of innocent battle pets to overthrow Gallywix and become the new financial masters on Azeroth, and bring basically no changes to how we interact with the game world!

Early access will be available for those who purchase a 60 month subscription to WoW. (early access will cost $100, but you get to be leet and pay to test the game, game will retail at $19.99 and be available on the epic games store only for the first year)

(More info to come, when I can be bothered to make it up, I mean contact my sources)
    Dude, it's only funny when it's not real.

...why the heck would that narrow their customer base? Just make it an optional link, not a requirement to play. Have you ever seen a regular Pokemon game? You don't need any of the other previous games to play the sequels, but they do allow some kind of carry-over. I don't even play it and I know that! (I have too many friends who do, before you ask! :P)

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    i mean... i would like pet-battle tie in mobile game, people have problem with that idea ? why ?
    Same here tbh

You don't like it- don't play it.

I would play 24/7.

Just as I never EVER played any goblin/worgen/pandaren/etc, etc, etc... race.

I look forward to investing my time and money into whatever masterpiece blizzard comes forward with. Mobile gaming is the future, and if anyone can deliver, it is Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    i mean... i would like pet-battle tie in mobile game, people have problem with that idea ? why ?
    People hate on it because it's a) Not resources catering to their favorite style of play, and b) attracts players who aren't hardcore raiders/PVPers.

People often forget that this is an MMORPG, not an MMO Action game. That's supposed to mean different forms of gameplay. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    People hate on it because it's a) Not resources catering to their favorite style of play, and b) attracts players who aren't hardcore raiders/PVPers.

People often forget that this is an MMORPG, not an MMO Action game. That's supposed to mean different forms of gameplay. :P
    Doing all achievements pets because I do all achievements, that's my concern. I feel forced to do pet battles, and there's quite a grind.

Not because it offers another form of gameplay to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Can we close this thread as it is just made up nonsense.
    I actually think that there should be a satire page instead so people can post nonsensical, tongue-in-cheek posts like this which is still driving home a point but that way nobody would ever accidentally take it seriously.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sure another mobile shit that wouldnt set on fire whole blizzcon and community like last year xD

at this point i'm more shocked we don't have a WoW pet battles mobile game than anything... i'd welcome it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Doing all achievements pets because I do all achievements, that's my concern. I feel forced to do pet battles, and there's quite a grind.

Not because it offers another form of gameplay to someone.
    So, you're in category A then - resources not catering to your favorite style of play (ie. whatever your favorite activity is that lets you acquire acheesement points the fastest.)

I was known as my server's premier fisherman, and the guy who cracked the code for Classic's fishing timetables. Late in Wrath I got the salty title, and one of my Guildies responded "You're getting that NOW!? You're like our Server's main fisherman! How do you not have that title!?"

I responded: "I didn't get that reputation by jumping through Blizzard's hoops." :P

Got to put it out there that you're not forced, it's your choice to jump through those hoops. It might shock you to learn this, but it's actually OK to NOT jump through acheesment hoops, and just enjoy/play what you find fun! ^_^ Or, be a master of acheesment points for your favorite activity only! Why is getting acheesement points fun for you? Tallying a high score for yourself, or getting a higher score to compare yourself to others?

I have a classic-series Doctor Who quote for everything, and one simple one is: "if you're not having fun - give it up."

But, on the flipside, I also got to say "thanks" to people like you, as I made a shit-ton of gold from you guys via selling level 25 battle-pets to! ;P

So, you're in category A then - resources not catering to your favorite style of play (ie. whatever your favorite activity is that lets you acquire acheesement points the fastest.)

I was known as my server's premier fisherman, and the guy who cracked the code for Classic's fishing timetables. Late in Wrath I got the salty title, and one of my Guildies responded "You're getting that NOW!? You're like our Server's main fisherman! How do you not have that title!?"

I responded: "I didn't get that reputation by jumping through Blizzard's hoops." :P

Got to put it out there that you're not forced, it's your choice to jump through those hoops. It might shock you to learn this, but it's actually OK to NOT jump through acheesment hoops, and just enjoy/play what you find fun! ^_^ Or, be a master of acheesment points for your favorite activity only! Why is getting acheesement points fun for you? Tallying a high score for yourself, or getting a higher score to compare yourself to others?

I have a classic-series Doctor Who quote for everything, and one simple one is: "if you're not having fun - give it up."
    I am a Khan, so I know what I am doing, I do all achievements.
    But, on the flipside, I also got to say "thanks" to people like you, as I made a shit-ton of gold from you guys via selling level 25 battle-pets to! ;P
    I already have my shittons of pets, I don't buy them, but whatever.

I'm waiting for the announcement that Classic is available on mobile after all the hate it's player base has thrown towards retail in this regard. We've already seen ports of other games from it's era end up on phones. Not like it's a system cruncher either.

The last thing that I heard was they were developing something like pokemon go. To were you venture around your areas and catch battle pets. Now unless they changed it and went with this option instead. But would find it hard to believe that this would be the final product. They had said they wanted something similar to pokemon go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    No Legion Green? This sucks.
    I was thinking the same.

...why the heck would that narrow their customer base? Just make it an optional link, not a requirement to play. Have you ever seen a regular Pokemon game? You don't need any of the other previous games to play the sequels, but they do allow some kind of carry-over. I don't even play it and I know that! (I have too many friends who do, before you ask! :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't think they need to make this decision at all.

You log into your WoW account and get your pets if you have them. If not, they get you to make a new account and you can level up and acquire your pets by selecting battles on a map just like you do with WQs in the current app.
    Now you can buy pets off the AH. In mobile game you wouldn't be able to do that unless they link this to AH but then they would need to find a way for players to grind gold in the mobile game - what would impact WoW economy so much that the outrage would be too big to handle. Imagine having mobile players either posting pets on AH or buying them off AH and flooding the market with gold.

Also a mobile game usually implies heavy monetization and microtransactions. If it wasn't linked to WoW accounts that would be probably acceptable. If it were linked to the WoW account this would cause huge outrage unless they didn't do microtransaction, which could be mostly avoided because people pay sub anyway (implying they wouldn't cash that cow which is unlikely).

If they (mobile only players) couldn't buy pets off AH that would put them in disatvantage.

The result would be an absolute shitshow. They would have to make the decision imo.
    S.H.

where is the promised diablo mobile?