Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Ermmm... no, got to admit I think that if Blizzard nuked a country, they might be too busy being arrested and/or the building being under siege by America/United Nations than to continue hosting Blizzcon.

...But I DO get what you're saying! ;P
    What IF they are playing with the America/United Nations by nuking? Coalition baby.

I'm having the impression that somebody here is dying to see Blizzard going broke.

Maybe it's just my imagination.

Its a possibility, make sure to bring your phones this time xD

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    what exactly would Diablo: Immortal bring to the PC?
    Diablo III. With less classes, less skills, and less Diablo.

that would make no sense, cuz the Diablo: Immortal is mobile version of PC Diablo.....what exactly would Diablo: Immortal bring to the PC?
    Hey now, we can't have valid ideas and anything close to rational thought in these sorts of sky is falling, doom and gloom, what if threads.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

<snip>
    But we already have Diablo: Immortal on the PC. It's called Diablo 3.

If you dont know how to play mobile games on your pc, you should go ask google... it's very easy to do. If you want to play D:I on pc, you can very easily do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and what if Blizzard announces that the next WoW expansion is a physical board game with a kickstarter campaign?

These hypotheticals are getting dumber by the day.

that would make no sense, cuz the Diablo: Immortal is mobile version of PC Diablo.....what exactly would Diablo: Immortal bring to the PC?
    I'm amazed how people believe D:I is a carbon-copy of D3 just because the regular player characters are the same... despite all the levels and most of the creatures are entirely new. I think the only thing that's being ported over are the classes... and even then, they're being adjusted for whatever that company's jack-leg mobile design is.

Arguably, D:I has more designwork than Reaper of Souls brought with it. However, the horrible handling of its announcement made everything about that lost in a sea of (somewhat justified) mobile-prejudice combined with lack of PC-Diablo specific content. :P

Keep in mind, I"m not DEFENDING D:I, I hate mobile gaming as well and could care less about it - I'm just explaining it from Blizz's perspective and a designer perspective. That's why I'm posting this theory as I can see how a China-focused economic company, who was brainless enough to try to sell a Mobile Diablo game as a legit sequel to a western PC market, might do something stupid again. >_<

OP, you do realize PC and Consoles already have Diablo 3+ expansion... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yeah and what if Blizzard announces that the next WoW expansion is a physical board game with a kickstarter campaign?

These hypotheticals are getting dumber by the day.
    At least I'm asking it as a hypothetical, not trying to pretend it's some BS "leak" or somesuch nonsense that's been happening recently. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    OP, you do realize PC and Consoles already have Diablo 3+ expansion... right?
    Read my post right above yours.

that would be an even bigger PR disaster than last year, i hope they learned something last year

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    lol, not gonna happen.

Blizzard knows very well what their players think of D:I.
    The game reveal completely humiliated them last year.

Having this over an actual Diablo announcement, whether a remaster or D4, would most definitely kill the very last remnants of whatever is left of the diablo playerbase.
    That reaction would have been much, much weaker had they announced it for PC as well. That being said its waaaaaay to late for people to be happy about it even if they did announce it for PC

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    that would be an even bigger PR disaster than last year, i hope they learned something last year
    That's the part I'm worried about with current Blizz. They don't really seem to learn their lessons.

I can honestly see them currently thinking "OK, so, the problem with D:I wasn't that the game was bad - it's that it's on mobile only and there was nothing for the PC players. Makes sense... OK, we'll port D:I over - toss in a new class or two, and blam - they'll be happy! Right??" >_<

Kinda like Mechagnomes recently as well.

"What about giving us mechagnomes?"

"OK, here are Mechagnomes."

"...dafuq is that!? We wanted MECHAGNOMES! From Ulduar! The cool clockwork ones we've known for years now! What you're giving us are paraplegic regular gnomes!" >_<

I mean, how smegging brain-dense do you have to be to get Mechagnomes wrong!? >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-10-21 at 07:35 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    So... upon thinking of Blizzard's recent mentality as of late - and how they conduct things, I came to a potentially nasty thought!

What if Blizzard's Diablo announcement at Blizzcon this year isn't the D4 people are wanting/hoping, but instead simply be a PC port of Diablo: Immortal!

Now, before you say "Blizzard's not THAT stupid!" - yes, they are! These are the same guys who were literally stunned that a mobile game wasn't recieved by a PC-Based gaming audience.

Put it further, I wouldn't be surprised if they deluded themselves into thinking "Well, they were just upset that it wasn't a PC game... so - lets port it onto PC!!"

I mean, I can practically write the script for said reveal:

"OK Blizzcon, we remember last year about Diablo: Immortal"

*audience snickers*

"And, while genuinely shocked, we listened. We're Blizzard - we listen to the gamers!"

"..."

"So, we heard you loud and clear. We heard your concerns and questions over us doing JUST a Mobile Diablo game...."

"So, we're proud to announce..... Diablo: Immortal is comming to PC!!! =D"

*crickets*

I'm willing to bet dollars-to-donuts they have no idea how bad the name "Diablo:Immortal" is in the eyes of the audience, and immediately there will be calls of "pushing whale-hunting games onto the western PC market". Especially combined with their recent backing of Chinese policies and measures.

What say you all? Would you be OK if it was just a Diablo: Immortal game for PC?

EDIT: To further clarify - I can see them thinking marketing-wise to have it tie directly with the Mobile version to cross-promote eachother, and maybe establish a "Whale-Market" in both America Mobile and PC markets.

I'm not suggesting I WANT this... I'm suggesting this is maybe how they're thinking these days. >_<
    Simply put, games are first made on PC, designed and adapted to the targetted platform releases. If this game was ever going to release on PC we would already know about it basically because it would have been announced as such before or at the same time as the mobile version. There's not any imaginable scenario where they would design it only for mobile and then change their mind to make it PC as well.

What if it's Diablo: Immortal for PC announced at Blizzcon and not D4?
    Blizzard implodes. Prepare the popcorn.

At least now your expectations are so low that nothing will disappoint you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    That reaction would have been much, much weaker had they announced it for PC as well. That being said its waaaaaay to late for people to be happy about it even if they did announce it for PC
    Totally agree. I'm just not sure Blizz's recent mentality would see it that way if they did. Again, this is the company that was baffled by the idea a Mobile-Exclusive Diablo game being the highlight of the Convention was VERY ill-recieved by the PC-gaming Western audience attending it. >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    At least now your expectations are so low that nothing will disappoint you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Haaa!! I must admit, this thought came to my mind as well right after I made this thread! ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    There's not any imaginable scenario where they would design it only for mobile and then change their mind to make it PC as well.
    /points at my OP

There's one potential scenario right up there that I wrote up. It was called "The Blizzcon 2018 debacle". :P

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Well, yes, as a developer, Blizz really is that stupid.

However, the bean counters are clearly in charge, and I don't *think* they are that stupid to make such as asinine announcement. Their stock tanked after last year's Blizzcon, and it really hasn't recovered (it's maybe 10% higher than just after last year's Blizzcon), and the beancounters rely on stock prices (and bonuses) to make mega-bucks.

It is more likely that they will make rather middling announcements (e.g. WoW expansion, D4) and simply pump up the PR to 11. If the audience bites, then the stock should work its way back up with follow up stock investor meetings that make unrealistic expectations of future income.

An extra campaign covering the events between D2 and D3. I would be so down for that instead of the mobile version.

3+ Year Old Account
    /points at my OP

There's one potential scenario right up there that I wrote up. It was called "The Blizzcon 2018 debacle". :P
    I mean I can imagine the entire Blizzard dev team showing up naked on stage snorting coke off of Hazzicosta's butt crack as well.