Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I mean I can imagine the entire Blizzard dev team showing up naked on stage snorting coke off of Hazzicosta's butt crack as well.
    But mine directly answers why there would be a scenario where they would design it only for mobile and then change their mind to make it PC as well.

On Stage butt-crack snorting doesn't really apply as a reason to design it for mobile and then make it for PC later, no matter how strong the crack is. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Gamer Blizzard stopped existing long ago, they ran out of money and had to sell themselves to Vivendi. At that point they learned a simple lesson, money keeps the lights on and development going.

Big announcement, we're making a mobile game!

Blizzard fans - BOOOOOO!
    Riot fans - Hell yeah, I can play LOL and Teamfight Tactics on the go! WIN!
    Blizz never sold themselves to Vivendi, they sold themselves to Davidson and Associates in 94, around the time they called themselves Blizzard and released the first Warcraft game.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    So... upon thinking of Blizzard's recent mentality as of late - and how they conduct things, I came to a potentially nasty thought!

What if Blizzard's Diablo announcement at Blizzcon this year isn't the D4 people are wanting/hoping, but instead simply be a PC port of Diablo: Immortal!

Now, before you say "Blizzard's not THAT stupid!" - yes, they are! These are the same guys who were literally stunned that a mobile game wasn't recieved by a PC-Based gaming audience.

Put it further, I wouldn't be surprised if they deluded themselves into thinking "Well, they were just upset that it wasn't a PC game... so - lets port it onto PC!!"

I mean, I can practically write the script for said reveal:

"OK Blizzcon, we remember last year about Diablo: Immortal"

*audience snickers*

"And, while genuinely shocked, we listened. We're Blizzard - we listen to the gamers!"

"..."

"So, we heard you loud and clear. We heard your concerns and questions over us doing JUST a Mobile Diablo game...."

"So, we're proud to announce..... Diablo: Immortal is comming to PC!!! =D"

*crickets*

I'm willing to bet dollars-to-donuts they have no idea how bad the name "Diablo:Immortal" is in the eyes of the audience, and immediately there will be calls of "pushing whale-hunting games onto the western PC market". Especially combined with their recent backing of Chinese policies and measures.

What say you all? Would you be OK if it was just a Diablo: Immortal game for PC?

EDIT: To further clarify - I can see them thinking marketing-wise to have it tie directly with the Mobile version to cross-promote eachother, and maybe establish a "Whale-Market" in both America Mobile and PC markets.

I'm not suggesting I WANT this... I'm suggesting this is maybe how they're thinking these days. >_<
    kinda a problem. Think they already said its 2 different projects ( diablo sequel and mobile game).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    But mine directly answers why there would be a scenario where they would design it only for mobile and then change their mind to make it PC as well.

On Stage butt-crack snorting doesn't really apply as a reason to design it for mobile and then make it for PC later, no matter how strong the crack is. ;P
    It would be the craziest shit, announcing a mobile game port instead of a real game. I mean the IQ necessary to come up with something this stupid would make me wonder how these people can hold jobs, or even cross the street without dying or drown in their own drool in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    It would be the craziest shit, announcing a mobile game port instead of a real game. I mean the IQ necessary to come up with something this stupid would make me wonder how these people can hold jobs, or even cross the street without dying or drown in their own drool in the middle of the night.
    I was just saying to somebody how much it amazes me the depth of how colorful the Online Diablo Crowd's vitriol can be. ;P