Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So the International Energy Agency released a report looking ahead five years. It prominently mentions the growth of solar and other renewables -- solar in particular being industry-driven, as in, companies are buying solar panels not just people for their rooftops.

It's not enough to slow climate change, they say. But you'll notice something else:

Coal energy is predicted to fall faster than the global rise in energy consumption grows, i.e. it's not just a proportional drop, it's an objective drop.

And the world knows it. Coal miners in Indonesia, for example, are concerned with dropping global prices due to dropping global demand.

But the hit at home is far more relevant to this thread.

US coal fired plant demand is scheduled to drop 14% this year alone, to a 42-year low. Bloomberg also reports that another round of coal job cuts is on the way. More than 500 coal plants have closed since 2010, not including these two or this announcement, both of which were made last week. Insurers are backing away from coal energy companies as they're increasingly bad risks.

It's become so bad, that Investopedia's Top Five Coal-Mining Stocks for 2019 has #1 on the list giving 0.72% annual return last year. Slots two through five are all negative ten to twenty percent.

Those are the best ones.

Minus ten to twenty percent.

"That number one, BHP, that name sounds familiar."

You might be thinking about this announcement that BHP was going 100% green in their Chile copper mine. BHP is a coal mining company that's moving away from coal. That's probably why they're above water and nobody else is.

And honestly it's easier for me to link this Oct 3 article than go back and see if I've already posted it: Murray Energy, as in "Bob Murray, major Trump donor", is facing default.

When the head of the Department of Energy was asked to comment, he responded "I don't exist

Looks like Mr Trump's friends in coal are kind of fucked.....and Trump has just moved on from all his promises. Getting desperate.
    Guess he has a hard time figuring out when he's been "cucked"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eeks-state-aid

With his coal company on the verge of default, Robert Murray is making another play for government aid. This time he’s reaching out to the states.

The U.S. coal industry is threatened with “extinction,” Murray said Monday at a conference in Kentucky hosted by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. He called on state lawmakers to limit the number of coal-fired power plants that are permitted to shut down, saying they are needed to underpin the reliability of the nation’s power grids.

In the meantime, coal producers including Murray Energy are shutting mines as demand wanes and prices tumble. Murray, the largest closely held U.S. supplier, missed interest payments this month and is currently in talks with creditors. A forbearance deal is in place through Oct. 28.
    “We must preserve our coal-fired and nuclear generation,” Murray said. “We are headed to major crises in our country, and FERC and all of our governments, federal and state, have done nothing.”

His plea comes after FERC last year rejected the Trump administration’s call to aid struggling coal and nuclear power plants

and ya gotta love Bloomberg trolling coal

(Michael R. Bloomberg, the founder and majority stakeholder of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News, has committed $500 million to launch Beyond Carbon, a campaign aimed at closing the remaining coal-powered plants in the U.S. by 2030 and slowing the construction of new gas plants.)
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/21/polit...ity-secretary/

TLDR: Trumps favorites for an "acting" head of DHS aren't eligible for said "acting" position because of laws.

Trump could get around this by formally nominating them to head the agency, but that would require Senate approval and Republicans don't even seem particularly interested in moving forward with some of his nominees.

Current outgoing "acting" head Mark Morgan leaves at the end of the month, and it doesn't appear anyone has the foggiest clue who will replace him yet.

As has been said, this un-Senate approved "acting" government is a fucking national security risk.
    Democrats not shining a spotlight on the tatters Trump has reduced the government to is just appalling. They should be making a fuss about it and remind voters that Trump hates any sort of oversight to the point of not even liking having to get nominees confirmed by the Senate.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    missed interest payments this month and is currently in talks with creditors.
    Looks like a Trump supporter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I never called them equivalent, I just don't see what the whole back and forth about this kind of stuff adds to anything.
    Wait...you were being serious about that shit of "Back n' Forth"? Dafuq?? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Democrats not shining a spotlight on the tatters Trump has reduced the government to is just appalling. They should be making a fuss about it and remind voters that Trump hates any sort of oversight to the point of not even liking having to get nominees confirmed by the Senate.
    It's one of the myriad issues that IMO the Democratic party has shit the bed on. This should be part of a national awareness campaign to educate people on how dangerous and unprecedented this administration is, especially since even if impeachment efforts fall through they can still sway voters for the 2020 election.

Their communications and political efforts leave much, much to be desired.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump: "I haven't had an empty seat at a rally"

He's on-stage mid-speech, so there's no "Well this was before/after he was there!" defense.

Hawkward.

Does this matter? No, not at all. But it's another in a long, long, long, long series of pointless, petty lies that serve no purpose beyond inflating Trump's own ego.

It's one of the myriad issues that IMO the Democratic party has shit the bed on. This should be part of a national awareness campaign to educate people on how dangerous and unprecedented this administration is, especially since even if impeachment efforts fall through they can still sway voters for the 2020 election.

Their communications and political efforts leave much, much to be desired.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump: "I haven't had an empty seat at a rally"

He's on-stage mid-speech, so there's no "Well this was before/after he was there!" defense.

Hawkward.

Does this matter? No, not at all. But it's another in a long, long, long, long series of pointless, petty lies that serve no purpose beyond inflating Trump's own ego.
    Let me guess the excuse from his defenders, they all went to the bathroom.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Let me guess the excuse from his defenders, they all went to the bathroom.
    Covfefe break
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He says this....

.... but in reality; Trump dropped plan to host G-7 at Doral after Republican criticism

It's almost like he's a known liar.
    Why is it that the "best president" keeps being beaten by people that do nothing?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

hmm...I'll give Mulvaney a week, maybe two, before getting the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmm...I'll give Mulvaney a week, maybe two, before getting the boot.
    Well, at least it's not a Senate approved position so Trump can just replace him with another "acting" head that will do the job for a full year+

Who would replace Mulvaney at OMB then?

Trump is reportedly looking at replacements to Mulvaney.
    Three people being floated are *drumrolls*
    • Jared Kushner
    • Kellyanne Conway
    • Matthew Whitaker

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN1X02DG?il=0

Remember Whitiker? The stooge that replaced Sessions as acting Attorney General.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump is reportedly looking at replacements to Mulvaney.
    Three people being floated are *drumrolls*
    • Jared Kushner
    • Kellyanne Conway
    • Matthew Whitaker

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN1X02DG?il=0

Remember Whitiker? The stooge that replaced Sessions as acting Attorney General.
    Spoilers: Kushner and Conway have already declined the position previously.

Uh... even Fox is headlining Trump saying he wants to be a dictator.

Trump unloads over Syria, impeachment, Doral controversies, says he ‘should be allowed to run the country’
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...un-the-country

He fundamentally fails to understand what a president is.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rps-in-wake-of

Newt Gingrich has a new strategy to counter Trump's spokespeople putting their feet in their mouth and own-goaling -

"If I had had the ability to do it, there wouldn't be a White House press corps in the White House."
    What is a First Amendment, and why are innocent people so afraid of talking to the press?

Well, at least it's not a Senate approved position so Trump can just replace him with another "acting" head that will do the job for a full year+
    Who would replace Mulvaney at OMB then?
    A dog? So he can finally have a best friend?

One of those trick questions, isn't it?

Apparently Russians are already targeting Biden via Instagram this time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...-rules-intact/

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Wait...you were being serious about that shit of "Back n' Forth"? Dafuq?? o_O
    Yea, thanks dude. The opinion of someone with 22.7k posts here really matters to me. Dafuq 0_o (that was sarcasm, felt the need to point out the obvious to you)

Keep posting headlines of how an x supporter threw and egg at a y supporter. This place has become more like monkies flinging poop than a place to discuss things. And just to prevent assumptions, I've never made a pro Trump post here. I think hes a disgrace, but I know the discourse here is so shallow that if I appear to not hate him for just one post I'll be accused of being part of the Trump blowjob brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Apparently Russians are already targeting Biden via Instagram this time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...-rules-intact/
    You'd think by now, no matter which side they're on, people wouldn't read anything political posted on Facebook/Instagram since it's known to be infested with fake accounts and they're okay with politicians straight up lying.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2019-10-21 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yea, thanks dude. The opinion of someone with 22.7k posts here really matters to me. Dafuq 0_o (that was sarcasm, felt the need to point out the obvious to you)

Keep posting headlines of how an x supporter threw and egg at a y supporter. This place has become more like monkies flinging poop than a place to discuss things. And just to prevent assumptions, I've never made a pro Trump post here. I think hes a disgrace, but I know the discourse here is so shallow that if I appear to not hate him for just one post I'll be accused of being part of the Trump blowjob brigade.
    Aaaaand onto the ignore list.

Btw, it sure does seem like my opinion did matter to you for you to go all huffity-puffity like that. Bad day, I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Aaaaand onto the ignore list.

Btw, it sure does seem like my opinion did matter to you for you to go all huffity-puffity like that. Bad day, I assume?
    Hey, if you're gonna ignore me, ignore me. I don't need the passive aggressive showboating to go with it girlfriend.