Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    There are bards that use actual magical music shenanigans to do shit in Warcraft. They're just very few (only one in game that I know of). Doesn't mean Blizzard couldn't... I don't know... expand on the lore and create new lore to fit their vision of what they want a Bard class to be, if they ever decide to do it.
    But they wouldn't be tinkers, so clearly this is completely impossible.

Did I get Teriz's expected response right?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    But they wouldn't be tinkers, so clearly this is completely impossible.

Did I get Teriz's expected response right?
    Honestly I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of Necromancers at Blizzcon after all this. And they aren't even the class I actually want with this next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Think about it: Crafting music and instruments for buffs.
    Don't we already have that from Leatherworking?

I don't even know if those buffs are relevant any more, especially the Bloodlust/Timewarp providing ones. Do people still use those?

If they phased them out of Leatherworking, I don't see them making a full profession out of it.

Well sadly for Bards no such lore exists in Warcraft.

Oh well.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcanite_Ripper

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=122899/d...ight#abilities i dont know darkmoon is canon lore in wow so death metal knight/bard is pretty much lore

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcanite_Ripper

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=122899/d...ight#abilities i dont know darkmoon is canon lore in wow so death metal knight/bard is pretty much lore
    Also Russell Brower, a dwarf bard in Twilight Highlands that uses music to heal you during the quest he's involved in.

Also Russell Brower, a dwarf bard in Twilight Highlands that uses music to heal you during the quest he's involved in.
    Literal bard in action. One brewmaster in WC3 was enough to justify monk. I'd say bard is basically confirmed at this point.

Oh well.
    Lorewalkers.
    Hearthsinger Forresten.
    Russell Brower.

As usual, you're objectively wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Russell Brower also sometimes shows up in one of the Firelands dailies to help you, and, while playing his musical instruments, casts frost spells.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-10-22 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next level bullshit right here. Hard to assume you aren't trolling at this point.

D&D says hi... for starters.
    We're talking about Warcraft, not D&D.

- - - Updated - - -

There are bards that use actual magical music shenanigans to do shit in Warcraft. They're just very few (only one in game that I know of). Doesn't mean Blizzard couldn't... I don't know... expand on the lore and create new lore to fit their vision of what they want a Bard class to be, if they ever decide to do it.
    Russell Brower, a homage character based on WoW's sound designer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Don't we already have that from Leatherworking?

I don't even know if those buffs are relevant any more, especially the Bloodlust/Timewarp providing ones. Do people still use those?

If they phased them out of Leatherworking, I don't see them making a full profession out of it.
    Weren't those just Drums? You could move the drums over to the "bard" profession and add some more instruments to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Literal bard in action. One brewmaster in WC3 was enough to justify monk. I'd say bard is basically confirmed at this point.
    One Brewmaster hero and the entire lore of Pandaria from which that Brewmaster came from that you can base an expansion around. Neither exists for the Bard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Lorewalkers.
    Hearthsinger Forresten.
    Russell Brower.
    And zero connections between any of those characters.

One Brewmaster hero and the entire lore of Pandaria from which that Brewmaster came from that you can base an expansion around. Neither exists for the Bard.
    Well, if we use the Loremaster as a basis for a Bard spec (which certainly seems doable) we'd have exactly as much Lore for the basis of a Bard as they did for the Monk. Actually, considerably more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Well, if we use the Loremaster as a basis for a Bard spec (which certainly seems doable) we'd have exactly as much Lore for the basis of a Bard as they did for the Monk. Actually, considerably more.
    The Loremaster would need some abilities in order for it to be the basis of a class spec.

They aren't. Shadow Hunters are Troll Shaman.
    They arent. They are Shadow Hunters. Which is like a shaman, and a rogue, and a kind of shadow priest, and a hunter. Who worship Loa Wild Gods.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

There was zero lore about Pandaria before MoP. Nothing other than a namedrop. We didn't know if it was the name of a zone, an isle, a continent, a city, etc, before the Mists of Pandaria expansion.

Ah, Teriz... when will you ever admit you were wrong, instead of trying to save face by attempting to fallaciously move the goalposts? First you claim there is "zero lore" for bards. And when shown you're objectively wrong, you move the goalposts "buh-buh-but there's zero lore connection between your examples!" You're starting to behave more and more like a child.

But, to humor you: humans and dwarves are very tightly connected, relationship-wise. To the point that both dwarves and humans were paladins.

Lorewalkers could be the pandaren's version of the college of bards, just like the Explorer's League could be the dwarves' version of the college of bards.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-10-22 at 01:16 AM.

The Loremaster would need some abilities in order for it to be the basis of a class spec.
    The built the Monk class off of what, 3 abilities? I'm pretty sure they could piece something together.

10+ Year Old Account
    The built the Monk class off of what, 3 abilities? I'm pretty sure they could piece something together.
    Four abilities. Four abilities is better than zero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    They arent. They are Shadow Hunters. Which is like a shaman, and a rogue, and a kind of shadow priest, and a hunter. Who worship Loa Wild Gods.
    In the class lineup, the Shadow Hunter was absorbed into the Shaman class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Ah, Teriz... when will you ever admit you were wrong, instead of trying to save face by attempting to fallaciously move the goalposts? First you claim there is "zero lore" for bards. And when shown you're objectively wrong, you move the goalposts "buh-buh-but there's zero lore connection between your examples!" You're starting to behave more and more like a child.
    No goalposts were moved. Three completely disconnected and unrelated characters is zero lore for a unified class concept.

Four abilities. Four abilities is better than zero.
    Well, 3 actives and a passive.

But wait, Loremaster Cho is a Hearthstone card.

Whenever a player casts a spell, put a copy into the other player's hand.
    So Loremasters have a sort of spell steal/copy targeted spell back at the caster sort of ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 3 actives and a passive.

But wait, Loremaster Cho is a Hearthstone card.

So Loremasters have a sort of spell steal/copy targeted spell back at the caster sort of ability.
    LoL! Yeah, Hearthstone isnt WoW. And it definitely isnt canon.

Surely we can find a Loremaster with a single ability right?

No goalposts were moved. Three completely disconnected and unrelated characters is zero lore for a unified class concept.
    Teriz. You absolutely moved the goal posts. First you said:
    And then when you were shown you were wrong (as you often are), you moved the goal posts (as you often do):
    And by the way, Teriz, keep this in mind: you shouldn't go around telling other people that their class idea "works best as a profession", because the same thing could be said about your class idea. Which is only made worse since your class idea already is a profession in the game.

Surely we can find a Loremaster with a single ability right?
    And exactly how many times have you sourced HotS for the Tinker class in this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    And exactly how many times have you sourced HotS for the Tinker class in this thread?
    Several. Mainly because those HotS abilities are now in WoW.

All of this sounds hugely hypocritical coming from you who use a "isn't WoW and definitely isn't canon" source: Heroes of the Storm.

And on top of that, you say BS like:
    Yeah, if you play Hearthstone, the Gelbin Mekkatorque card is pretty awesome. Lots of great ideas for class abilities.
    Mana Shield is an old Mage ability. Frost Arrows work exactly like Concussive shot. Forked Lightning is too similar to Chain Lighning to be placed in the game. Shaman even have Forked Lightning in Hearthstone, hinting that Shaman will more than likely get it as a glyph or an ability in future expansions.
    "The Hearthstone stuff could actually be a hint to the next WoW expansion."
    The number of technology-based ideas they pulled for HS is pretty impressive, and people really seem to enjoy the overall theme.

Let's hope Blizzard carries that over to WoW, because Gnomes and Goblins are kind of neglected.
    He's a legendary card. Just like Illidan.
    Actually that would be Gazlowe, thanks to his prominent role in Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Warlords of Draenor.